Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Eternal Sunshine vs Butterfly

Eternal Sunshine vs Butterfly 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Which album do you prefer?

    • Eternal Sunshine
      38%
      27
    • Butterfly
      61%
      43
  2. 2. Which lead single?

    • Yes, And?
      24%
      17
    • Honey
      75%
      53
  3. 3. Which album do you prefer lyrically?

    • Eternal Sunshine
      31%
      22
    • Butterfly
      68%
      48

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Cover art variant of Eternal Sunshine: a back-view picture of Ariana Grande with a blonde ponytail, leaning towards the shoulder of a lookalikeImage shows Carey standing in front of a brown/gold background in a beige sleeveless and mid-baring top, with darker matching pants. Her hair is long and golden-auburn, and is flowing in the air. Carey's left hand is touching the flowing tips of her hair and has a jeweled belt along her navel.

 

Their magnum opuses and a work of art. 

sorry, but it's easily Butterfly for all :gayriahcat1:

 

I will say though that I love Yes, and? and that I think that for some reason many of y'all trashed it farrrr too much for how excellent of a pop song it is

I like listening to eternal sunshine much better, but Butterfly has better lyrics. I don't listen to Ariana for lyrics though

 :giraffe:

56 minutes ago, jeauseph said:

sorry, but it's easily Butterfly for all :gayriahcat1:

 

I will say though that I love Yes, and? and that I think that for some reason many of y'all trashed it farrrr too much for how excellent of a pop song it is

Love u too babe.  

 

Butterfly is alright but personally I think Rainbow is a better album overall.

Mariah started doing a little too much trickery on Butterfly,  like there's no way she ever sung Outside in the key it's in on the album. 

This Ariana album is so overrated :deadbanana4:

Edited by Me & My Hits

46 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Love u too babe.  

 

Butterfly is alright but personally I think Rainbow is a better album overall.

Mariah started doing a little too much trickery on Butterfly,  like there's no way she ever sung Outside in the key it's in on the album. 

wait also huge agree here! I understand why Butterfly is so revered, because yes it's beautiful and has a lush soundscape and feels so romantic and blissful so yes it's an artistic statement that Mariah should be proud of, as she is! but… track for track, Rainbow is the stronger album :giraffe: for me, Rainbow is a refinement of what she did on Butterfly, and has more consistency and intrigue on it. Butterfly is a brilliant listen for a calm morning after getting home from a long work night (I work nights lol) but Rainbow is a brilliant listen for a hundred more moments imo. that said, Fourth of July might be slightly better than my fav song on Rainbow, but yeah the way Rainbow has a pure consistency throughout it makes it a far more standout album in Mariah's discography for me than Butterfly is. I mean, The Emancipation of Mimi and Caution are above both in my current ranking, but I won't say that any album in her top like… 9 or 10 albums of hers for me is anything less than really freaking good at the worst

Never listened to Butterfly in full.

 

But, Eternal Sunshine is probably Ariana's best album yet, so let's celebrate that :clap3:

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

Love u too babe.  

 

Butterfly is alright but personally I think Rainbow is a better album overall.

Mariah started doing a little too much trickery on Butterfly,  like there's no way she ever sung Outside in the key it's in on the album. 

You really just say anything 

2 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Butterfly and it's not even close. 

 

butterfly is a good album, ariana doesn't have that to her credit

I'm a Mariah fan but could never get into Butterfly. I like the singles but never understood why it was so highly rated among lambily. I enjoy enternal sunshine more 

Ariana doesn't deserve this set up. 

butterfly for all :heart2:

Butterfly, sweetie...

Breakdown alone washes Eternal Sunshine.

8 minutes ago, blown away said:

Butterfly, sweetie...

Breakdown alone washes Eternal Sunshine.

You see I like breakdown but really she just sung over an old bone and thugs beat, it's not original.  Honey is built on a sample. The Prince cover is meh. Fourth of July is a copy paste of underneath the stars. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.