Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

 

 

Disease actually doing better than Stupid Larvae :clap3:the better song is winning 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I really need to know if we have that No.1 on lock or not because this edging we've been experiencing is a bit too much now 

I hope she doesn't overdo it with vinyl variants the way Katy did (7 different album covers) or Taylor (each vinyl with a different bonus track..) :rip:

 

 

3-4 variants with a different color and cover would be cute, a box CD box set, regular CD and 2 different cassettes.

45 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

 

 

Disease actually doing better than Stupid Larvae :clap3:the better song is winning 

I was always confident that Disease would outstream in the long run due to how much more beloved it was by the fandom. Looking like that will indeed happen.

Not sure if anyone here agrees but I think Disease was a last minute "throw-my-fans a bone and distract from J:FAD PR disaster" decision. HasItLeaked has suggested LG7 was pushed forward for this reason, and I think it was the era rather than the album.

Considering how beloved by fans it is but also how everyone immediately clocked how abbrasive and non-GP friendly of a choice it was, then the fact it had a relatively low budget MV (which wasn't even ready for the song's launch), just okay playlisting (esp coming off of DWAS), no physicals and an unusual long gap from the album for Gaga standarts, I think it's not a far-fetched possibility. Maybe it's just coping due to the songs less than ideal chart performance.

It's strange because we have two songs from the album but I feel like the era has yet to truly begin - like the original plan was to set things in motion only in january. Excited for what's to come. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

Slightly worried about this era, the complete silence and lack of promotion is making me think something is up because you know Gaga loves to engage and boast about her work..

 

also I overheard some critics talk about the Disease music video and that she jacked the aesthetic and style of the video from an artist called Lucas Bavid, who had worked with Kim Petras and some other artists in the past. Connections to Cirkut who also worked with Kim P. for her Halloween albums and also had Lucas as creative director for her projects.

 

The connection was made as apparently Gaga's stylists had been following Lucas for a while and it almost seemed obvious that they stole his influence. Funny because he would've done Gaga inspired illustrations but he's completely skipped the video.

 

spacer.png

Edited by ArtDeco

12 minutes ago, Bad News said:

Those who get it, get it :jamming:

 

That prechorus especially is straight up ear candy :flame:

6 minutes ago, ArtDeco said:

Slightly worried about this era, the complete silence and lack of promotion is making me think something is up because you know Gaga loves to engage and boast about her work..

 

also I overheard some critics talk about the Disease music video and that she jacked the aesthetic and style of the video from an artist called Lucas Bavid, who had worked with Kim Petras and some other artists in the past. Connections to Cirkut who also worked with Kim P. for her Halloween albums and also had Lucas as creative director for her projects.

 

The connection was made as apparently Gaga's stylists had been following Lucas for a while and it almost seemed obvious that they stole his influence. Funny because he would've done Gaga inspired illustrations but he's completely skipped the video.

 

spacer.png

She has Coachella and a huge free concert in Brazil (feel like north american liddos are oblivious to how huge of an event this will be). 

I looked that khia artist up and that's a mega reach. He's just horror inspired as is the Disease MV. Not like a Beyoncé situation where everything is ripped off beat by beat.

Was Madonna's concert in Brazil streamed live? I need HQ footage of Gaga's show.

Edited by Chromatica

2 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

She has Coachella and a huge free concert in Brazil (feel like north american liddos are oblivious to how huge of an event this will be). 

I looked that khia artist up and that's a mega reach. He's just horror inspired as is the Disease MV. Not like a Beyoncé situation where everything is ripped off beat by beat.

Personally I think her scheduling big shows like this is a money grab, she's not really doing much else in terms of promotion. I'm a huge monster and I'm not hating at all but I'm seeing a massive difference in her approach with this album compared to the follow ups to her previous work.

 

"Khia artist" is a gag. :deadbanana: I can see how the idea could be true but who knows, I'm wondering how this era will unfold as she's made it seem quite ambiguous..

1 minute ago, Snakeskinbr said:

Disease will have it's revenge someday... Amazing 

Maybe it will get a second wave after album release

4 minutes ago, ArtDeco said:

Personally I think her scheduling big shows like this is a money grab, she's not really doing much else in terms of promotion. I'm a huge monster and I'm not hating at all but I'm seeing a massive difference in her approach with this album compared to the follow ups to her previous work.

 

"Khia artist" is a gag. :deadbanana: I can see how the idea could be true but who knows, I'm wondering how this era will unfold as she's made it seem quite ambiguous..

I mean yeah she gets paid to do it but it's one of the best forms of content we could get so I don't see where's the issue. Not to mention the fans in brazil are going to get a free concert.

I agree with the ambiguity part though, we need some clarity on LG7 because the DWAS inclusion made things quite confusing. I'm not as confident as I was since I can't really conceive of Disease and DWAS on the same album but let's see. 

50 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

I hope she doesn't overdo it with vinyl variants the way Katy did (7 different album covers) or Taylor (each vinyl with a different bonus track..) :rip:

 

 

3-4 variants with a different color and cover would be cute, a box CD box set, regular CD and 2 different cassettes.

I know I'll be downvoted by a lot of people on here but um... I'd like to see chart-obsessed Gaga back rather than her acting like she's sacred, superior, legacy, nothing-to-prove-more artpop-esque mUsIc iS nOt a bIlnG artist.

 

Unpopular opinion but her acting film career sucks so bad, even if she picks a right script, they f#ck her up every. single. time. Gaga's a theatre kid, she invests her time, energy, sweat , tears, urine, **** way too much to a role that that living walking corpse Ridley Scott and Fad "Useless" Phillips ruined it. 

 

BUT I do believe that if she really focuses on her music career, us (excluding USeless fans because fu) - international fans will never ever fail and betray her. I will eat up everything she puts out. Please focus and be ***** serious about your music career, don't abandon it. Be chart-obsessed, be fraudulent (idc if OGHs will drag her down, they better cope it). 

Amen. 

:coffee2:

6 hours ago, ROARyals said:

Half this site since August

 

spacer.png

…WAIT- my pen:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, atemyheartinc said:

DWAS > Disease > Folie à Deux > Happy Mistake.

 

Anyway, I'm kind of missing out on informations about the LG7 rollout.

Has anything worth mentioning happened lately, or is it about to happen?

 

Disease>Happy Mistake>DWAS>FAD

33 minutes ago, ArtDeco said:

Slightly worried about this era, the complete silence and lack of promotion is making me think something is up

Doing any promo for Disease in December would have been so pointless, and I'm not sure announcing the album/opening pre-orders would have been a good idea either. Christmas songs are gone now and people will be looking for something new to listen to, so she can take full advantage by announcing the album in the next couple of weeks. Plus we just got the LA Times interview about 2 weeks ago and The Breakdown with Rolling Stone 3 weeks ago. What else do you want her to do? :michael:

3 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

TFM #28 on UWC 2024 year end album charts :deadbanana2:

 

http://www.mediatraffic.de/20.jpg Benson Boone - Fireworks & Rollerblades
Night Street Records / Warner - 1.936.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/21.jpg Jung Kook - Golden
Big Hit Entertainment - 1.774.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/22.jpg Teddy Swims - I've Tried Everything But Therapy (Part 1)
Warner Records - 1.670.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/23.jpg Future | Metro Boomin - We Don't Trust You
Boominati - 1.610.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/24.jpg The Weeknd - After Hours
XO Recordings / Republic - 1.570.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/25.jpg Arctic Monkeys - AM
Domino Recording - 1.568.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/26.jpg Beyoncé - Cowboy Carter
Parkwood / Columbia - 1.563.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/27.jpg Taylor Swift - Reputation
Big Machine - 1.550.000 equivalent sales
http://www.mediatraffic.de/28.jpg Lady GaGa - The Fame (Monster)
Interscope - 1.531.000 equivalent sales

 

 

http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-albums.htm

Not "GaGa" :rip:

2 hours ago, DiamondHoe said:

Disease is a hymn fr

 

I think its genuinely joined Judas, Alejandro, and Dance In the Dark as her GOAT-tier songs 

I actually totally agree. I'm beyond happy that so many of us have landed on "disease is one of Gaga's best songs"

 

because I honestly think it is an all-time best lady Gaga track.

 

i feel like it's hard to admit, even me who is really nostalgic to TF-BTW, but after a few months disease feels like an all time best Gaga track. 

Hoping the album beats Chromatica's Spotify debut of 48m :coffee2:

 

DWAS alone will add 10m+ & Disease/SL debuted with similar #s so I hope it's a possibility.

Telephone being above bad romance and being Gaga's #3: Classic on Apple Music is kinda satisfying tbh.

 

Apple Music Pop:

#52 Poker Face (quite high)

#75 Just Dance

#116 Telephone

#125 Bad Romance

 

 

Always liked it more than bad romance and felt very weird for having that opinion, but it seems like the apple music audience agrees with me!

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Telephone being above bad romance and being Gaga's #3: Classic on Apple Music is kinda satisfying tbh.

 

Apple Music Pop:

#52 Poker Face (quite high)

#75 Just Dance

#116 Telephone

#125 Bad Romance

 

 

Always liked it more than bad romance and felt very weird for having that opinion, but it seems like the apple music audience agrees with me!

You're not alone! I like the Telephone video more as well :mandown:

35 minutes ago, Hair said:

Doing any promo for Disease in December would have been so pointless, and I'm not sure announcing the album/opening pre-orders would have been a good idea either. Christmas songs are gone now and people will be looking for something new to listen to, so she can take full advantage by announcing the album in the next couple of weeks. Plus we just got the LA Times interview about 2 weeks ago and The Breakdown with Rolling Stone 3 weeks ago. What else do you want her to do? :michael:

I kinda miss when she would use social media platforms or tumblr to build an aesthetic or vibe for an album. It was always exciting seeing her post or put up Gaga vision videos with a better understanding of what's to come or even clues to the era, it was so engaging and iconic. This era seems a bit stale, I'm not really feeling the elements of the album as solidly as she would put them before and maybe it is to do with the lack of promo.

 

I know she's always ranted being about the music and not the bling but it just feels like something's missing this time round.

Edited by ArtDeco

4 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

You're not alone! I like the Telephone video more as well :mandown:

thank you. 1000%. Agreed 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.