Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

serious question if Gar had put DWAS on LG7 as a bonus track would its units still count for the album?

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

40 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

It's more likely than it was last time since DWAS has a 40-ish point lead on Barf Song during the last chart (and the difference between the two in radio play is much smaller than it was at the time). But I'm not counting it as a done deal unless I see a Billboard article on January 6th (:deadbanana2:) confirming it. 

I dont see any possibility of it not getting #1 this week tbh. Unless someone like Taylor or Drake or Kendrick dropping a new song.

3 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I dont see any possibility of it not getting #1 this week tbh. Unless someone like Taylor or Drake or Kendrick dropping a new song.

I definitely think it's more likely to get it than not. But this is our 3rd time going down this scenario in 4.5 months so I'm a little cautious :rip: the scars on my mind are on replay indeed :sistrens:

5 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I definitely think it's more likely to get it than not. But this is our 3rd time going down this scenario in 4.5 months so I'm a little cautious :rip: the scars on my mind are on replay indeed :sistrens:

Yup but the last times the points were much closer + Dwas did not have any previous weeks of it being #1 without the Xmas songs :eli: Technically Dwas is already a #1 song without the Xmas songs :eli:

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

26 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

serious question if Gar had put DWAS on LG7 as a bonus track would its units still count for the album?

I think so, yes. But she said that DWAS is now a "HUGE part of LG7", I don't think it will be just a bonus...

 

Spoiler

Sadly :suburban:

 

Just now, opbranden said:

I think so, yes. But she said that DWAS is now a "HUGE part of LG7", I don't think it will be just a bonus...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Sadly :suburban:

 

why didn't she just do that then :gaycat6: no one would care if she quietly added it as a bonus track and it wouldn't matter if it was nothing like the rest of the album

21 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I dont see any possibility of it not getting #1 this week tbh. Unless someone like Taylor or Drake or Kendrick dropping a new song.

But even if they drop it on Monday it will have 3 out of 7 days of tracking days missing, unless it's Taylor with her fanbase's absurd purchase power, we are safe even from surprise drop by random artists.

For example, Kendrick's last release on Friday did 382 points, if it was released on a Monday if would be ≈220 points. Tyler's Monday release did 182 points.

4 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

why didn't she just do that then :gaycat6: no one would care if she quietly added it as a bonus track and it wouldn't matter if it was nothing like the rest of the album

Spoiler

I believe, at her core, she enjoys promoting the idea of a "coherent album," even if it might not be true. Now, she's leaning heavily into this "chaos" narrative and she abandoned "hell, darkness, demons etc" and likely recorded additional material to make the transitions to DWAS smoother.


I know this is just my speculation, but I find it hard to believe they spent two years in the studio developing a record, and then DWAS just magically fit into it without any adjustments. Yes, technically she could just throw it on the record and call it a day, but we know that's not how she operates

 

Interestingly, her new Amazon page is now entirely in black and white. Could this hint that the album cover will match the theme?

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

 

Finishing/starting the year with a #1 :jonny:

 

Will this be her 4th #1 that reached #1 after more than 20 weeks? 

13 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Finishing/starting the year with a #1 :jonny:

 

Will this be her 4th #1 that reached #1 after more than 20 weeks? 

To think it took the same time as JD to climb to #1 on the same week of the year is insane. :rip: 

15 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

To think it took the same time as JD to climb to #1 on the same week of the year is insane. :rip: 

16 years apart :jonny:

Are we getting the early prediction for Hot 100 tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

Are we getting the early prediction for Hot 100 tomorrow?

Yes, tomorrow night.

Thinking Gaga hopped into the studio again to record multiple track to make a transition into DWAS more smooth is wild to me. I've yet to see Gaga ever hint that this album was originally a cohesive one. 

5 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Thinking Gaga hopped into the studio again to record multiple track to make a transition into DWAS more smooth is wild to me. I've yet to see Gaga ever hint that this album was originally a cohesive one. 

If anything, she already described it as genre-breaking back in May, at TCB film premiere!

Next album I want no pre-release single. Release it all at once or nothing. She's waaaay past the time of chasing a hit single in order to release an album. Just release it all at once with a strong video for the lead single and let the public decide the next one. 

13 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Thinking Gaga hopped into the studio again to record multiple track to make a transition into DWAS more smooth is wild to me. I've yet to see Gaga ever hint that this album was originally a cohesive one. 

Exactly. The first time she talked about the album before disease was announced she described it as experimental and a fusion of genres. 

  • Popular Post

Global
1(=) 9,683,803

 

USA
1(+1) 1,626,423

  • Popular Post

UK

**NEW PEAK**

#3. (+6) 359,101

 

Previous peak was #4. OH DIE WITH A SMASH. :DWAS:

25 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Thinking Gaga hopped into the studio again to record multiple track to make a transition into DWAS more smooth is wild to me. I've yet to see Gaga ever hint that this album was originally a cohesive one. 

 

18 minutes ago, VortexTrap said:

If anything, she already described it as genre-breaking back in May, at TCB film premiere!

 

11 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Exactly. The first time she talked about the album before disease was announced she described it as experimental and a fusion of genres. 

Speaking for myself, I think it's reasonable to speculate given the timeline of this record.


"DWAS" was originally a Bruno song recorded when LG7 was basically in the mixing and mastering phase. Then Andrew was busy, and they recently decided to include "DWAS." Is it really that far-fetched to think she might have recorded something—maybe just an outro or small addition—to make "DWAS" fit a lil better? I'm not suggesting she re-recorded the entire album. We're talking about the same woman who has worked on her past albums right up until the finish line. :deadbanana2:

 

I don't understand why some of you act so superior, as if you have the absolute truth. It's not that serious; I was just speculating, and it's not an outlandish idea. I'm free to be wrong, and honestly, we'll never know either way. :rip:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.