Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

iTunes: #3 (+2)

Amazon: #18:gaycat6:

AM: #4 (+1)

YouTube: #2 (+5)

Spotify: #1 (+1)

Shazam: #1

Radio: #3

 

Looks good so far.

 

Bad Bunny's 2nd single is #37 on Spotify, he kinda falls off recently.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

what are the chances of DWAS of repeaking on the UK charts? Surely the ACR rules will help it this week?

1 minute ago, Janet said:

what are the chances of DWAS of repeaking on the UK charts? Surely the ACR rules will help it this week?

I believe the label has to send a request for the song to be reset.

3 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I believe the label has to send a request for the song to be reset.

Oh. In that case, they might do it on the album release. 

20 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

 

Speaking for myself, I think it's reasonable to speculate given the timeline of this record.


"DWAS" was originally a Bruno song recorded when LG7 was basically in the mixing and mastering phase. Then Andrew was busy, and they recently decided to include "DWAS." Is it really that far-fetched to think she might have recorded something—maybe just an outro or small addition—to make "DWAS" fit a lil better? I'm not suggesting she re-recorded the entire album. We're talking about the same woman who has worked on her past albums right up until the finish line. :deadbanana2:

 

I don't understand why some of you act so superior, as if you have the absolute truth. It's not that serious; I was just speculating, and it's not an outlandish idea. I'm free to be wrong, and honestly, we'll never know either way. :rip:

I actually agree about her possibly including a few more tracks that are a bit more DWAS esque and I'm here for it. But it doesn't have to be the case. 

Just now, Mariano said:

I actually agree about her possibly including a few more tracks that are a bit more DWAS esque and I'm here for it. But it doesn't have to be the case. 

100%

32 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Back to #1 in the US :duca:


when was the last time it was number 1 on the US chart? Early October? 

52 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Next album I want no pre-release single. Release it all at once or nothing. She's waaaay past the time of chasing a hit single in order to release an album. Just release it all at once with a strong video for the lead single and let the public decide the next one. 

Next album? That's like 5 years away. She's going to be in her early mid 40s by then…. 
I'd recommend enjoying this album cycle :gaycat1:

  • ATRL Moderator

she will always needa pre-release single lol. her music goes in too many directions to drop it all at once.

3 hours ago, opbranden said:
  Hide contents

I believe, at her core, she enjoys promoting the idea of a "coherent album," even if it might not be true. Now, she's leaning heavily into this "chaos" narrative and she abandoned "hell, darkness, demons etc" and likely recorded additional material to make the transitions to DWAS smoother.


I know this is just my speculation, but I find it hard to believe they spent two years in the studio developing a record, and then DWAS just magically fit into it without any adjustments. Yes, technically she could just throw it on the record and call it a day, but we know that's not how she operates

 

really hope this isn't true 

41 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I believe the label has to send a request for the song to be reset.

Can someone elaborate on these rules cause I thought after ten weeks all that's done is that streams are cut in a sense?

 

spacer.png

 

Thanks in advance


 spacer.png

1 hour ago, opbranden said:

 

 

Speaking for myself, I think it's reasonable to speculate given the timeline of this record.


"DWAS" was originally a Bruno song recorded when LG7 was basically in the mixing and mastering phase. Then Andrew was busy, and they recently decided to include "DWAS." Is it really that far-fetched to think she might have recorded something—maybe just an outro or small addition—to make "DWAS" fit a lil better? I'm not suggesting she re-recorded the entire album. We're talking about the same woman who has worked on her past albums right up until the finish line. :deadbanana2:

 

I don't understand why some of you act so superior, as if you have the absolute truth. It's not that serious; I was just speculating, and it's not an outlandish idea. I'm free to be wrong, and honestly, we'll never know either way. :rip:

I don't think it's entirely impossible that she could've recorded an outro or shoved in another song, etc. but the way you put it originally, that she "abandoned" the dark themes of the album just sounded weird. We know there's a mix of genres and styles and like others said that's something she's teased since May. And anyway, I'd much rather get an album with songs like Disease (heavy, introspective) and DWAS (light, about love), because that's quintessential Lady Gaga (like BTW is a "dark" album but has plenty of GP staples like TEOG). Disease / DWAS is kinda like our Judas / TEOG lol

Edited by TedLasso

Did Gaga ever tease a ballad that didn't make the album but she'd like to release? Or did I just make that up? I swear that was said somewhere 

3 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I don't think it's entirely impossible that she could've recorded an outro or shoved in another song, etc. but the way you put it originally, that she "abandoned" the dark themes of the album just sounded weird. We know there's a mix of genres and styles and like others said that's something she's teased since May. And anyway, I'd much rather get an album with songs like Disease (heavy, introspective) and DWAS (light, about love), because that's quintessential Lady Gaga (like BTW is a "dark" album but has plenty of GP staples like TEOG). Disease / DWAS is kinda like our Judas / TEOG lol

Spoiler

Apologies, English isn't my first language, so sometimes I don't express things exactly as I mean to. I didn't mean to suggest that she abandoned those themes, but rather that she "shifted" the way she talked about LG7 towards something that could incorporate DWAS a bit more seamlessly. The "chaos" and mix of genres on LG7 make it easier to include DWAS compared to the way she initially described LG7 with all the hell and demons talk. Let's not forget, she's the one who explicitly said DWAS had nothing to do with the sound of LG7—not me. 

 

And yes, I agree that DWAS could easily be seen as the TEOG of this era, but with one key difference. TEOG has strong '80s rock anthem vibes that are deeply woven into Born This Way. With DWAS, we still have to see how a song that wasn't part of LG7's initial creative process will fit into the overall vision.

But one thing I know for sure: LG7 will be incredible. :heart:

 

2024 original songs ranking:

 

Disease > DWAS > Folie à Deux > Happy Mistakes 

13 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Did Gaga ever tease a ballad that didn't make the album but she'd like to release? Or did I just make that up? I swear that was said somewhere 

Yeah. I think LA Times interview. 

1 minute ago, hausofdave said:

Radio 12/27

DWAS 61.19 (+1.51)

 

spacer.png

Oh we cookin now :yum:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.