Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

I may be way off, but I feel like that new Doja song might have some similarities to what we should expect from some of the music on ACT III

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

I may be way off, but I feel like that new Doja song might have some similarities to what we should expect from some of the music on ACT III

I hope not. A bit *too* throwback-y production wise for me.

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

I hope not. A bit *too* throwback-y production wise for me.

 

4 hours ago, Devin said:

new doja is nice but i need bey to genre switch again.

I agree and I am not afraid it'll be like Doja cuz bey is very purposefully also modernizing these genre's and elements. She breaking, bending, mixing these genres and taking them forward. 

7 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I may be way off, but I feel like that new Doja song might have some similarities to what we should expect from some of the music on ACT III

Is Jealous Type Rock for you?

Jealous Type is more of a 80s Synth Pop track so I'm not sure act iii first single will sound like it...on the other hand I can see B going full Beat it to launch the era :duca:

 

 

Yall are SO wrong with ur predictions for Act3 nnnnn i can tell u as much

 

:suburban:

2 out of 3 of my bootleg merch shirts looks great! 

 

:suburban:

4 hours ago, CozySkin said:

Is Jealous Type Rock for you?

No, not really, but it's reminiscent of some 80s Prince type sounds, with some slight rock elements, but obviously pop.   Of course we know that Beyonce wont have such a surface level song like Jealous Type, if she has music in that wheelhouse, it'll be much more lush. 

 

I think if ACT III is rock based, it will have some very pop leaning, 80s synthpop influenced with rock sounds (ala Jealous Type), as well as some darker 90s grunge influences, and probably some psychedelic funk rock influences throughout as well.  It will be big mix, just like CC and what Rennie was to dance music.  

Edited by Lose My Breath

If she's doing covers again for act III i NEED her take on Nothing Compares 2 U.

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Yall are SO wrong with ur predictions for Act3 nnnnn i can tell u as much

 

:suburban:

Give some insight lol

11 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I may be way off, but I feel like that new Doja song might have some similarities to what we should expect from some of the music on ACT III

Really? 

It's very synth-pop. I'd sooner have expected that on Rennie. 

 

But I do see what you mean, there is a viable overlap. Because rough-up the production a bit and add guitar riffs, and it can sound Rock-adjacent. 

 

I'd say Prince's Purple Rain (song and album) live in this space (Soulful-Synth-Rock) and would organically align with a potential lane that would "fit" Bey.

 

It's weird with me, though, because while I can totally "hear" Bey on a Rock sound, I'm struggling to settle on what would/could work as the lead/s.

 

Notice how on-the-nose her leads have been so far in the trilogy? BMS (GP magnet) and Texas (GP magnet to the max), and yet what would or could be the Rock equivalents?

 

Bey has played with Rock, but few (if any) of those songs (great as they are)  sound like smash hits on the radio, streaming, and ultimately on the Hot 100 (Yaya, Freakum Dress, 6 Inch, etc). So, it leaves me wondering what she'll have up her sleeve to deliver on the concept and be commercially viable at the same time. 

Edited by Cbreezy

Stan culture on X is so toxic - it's insane to see how much hate B gets from all sides

Edited by CallumDavies

Also...

 

Have been really intrigued of late at the originally intended order of the Acts and how (if at all) it will impact the sound of the final project.

 

With CC being the initial Act I, I've been wondering if Act III will more closely mirror the experimentation and overall midblowerry of Rennie. From the simple lens of both projects (likely?) being creatively birthed within similar timeframes. 

 

CC, which still benefited from experimentation, leaned more conventional IMO. Both on the Country front and beyond. Indeed, most of the songs embodied their anchoring genres in generally quite on-the-nose ways (e.g., the Country songs sounding Country af. Bodyguard being straight-up Pop, Tyrant being R&B, Spaghetti, Buckin' being Hip-Hop, Daughter & American Requiem being A/C ballads). The added layer of brilliance came from her ability to somehow meld that into a cohesive project.

 

While on Rennie, Bey had never done anything remotely close to how ambitious Alien sounds (that intro will forever be a gag, as will the song in general). Or as left as AUIYM, or as outright Dance as a lot of the album is. Lyrically too. I think CC dug deeper (as Country is anchored in storytelling), but a lot of her lyrical choices, placement, and delivery on Rennie ust presented as more progressive and indicative of where she is in the now, so I wonder which direction Act III will lean in.

32 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

Stan culture on X is so toxic - it's insane to see how much hate B gets from all sides

Where?

43 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

Stan culture on X is so toxic - it's insane to see how much hate B gets from all sides

They are pressed. 

 

I used to be so jarred by it and occasionally still am, but it felt so freeing clocking onto the fact that some people are just dedicated to hating what intimidates them. 

 

I am all for different opinions and Bey's music not being for all. I have never been phased by indifference to her because I, by contrast, am indifferent to loads of artists. But the level of dedication people have to trying to chop Bey down to size or outright bring her down has been so educational to me about just the human condition. And I know that may sound unnecessarily deep for a stan forum, but it's true. 

 

Bey is objectively brilliant, something even switched-on non-stans can attest to. So, it is crazy (figuratively and often literally) for fans of lesser-gifted acts to insist otherwise. As well as their turbo-charged commitment to present her as overrated.

 

Bey's existence (in a world that will **always** try and prop up the Tayor Swifts, Adeles, and similar higher), should not have any impact on their fave's ability to succeed. Yet, Bey often bears the biggest brunt of battering. 

 

I can't be convinced that there is not a heavy racial element to it. 

 

Rihanna, by contrast, will never be "as" bothersome to a lot of Beckys because she a) has never embodied perfection, b) is more "relatable" because of it, and c) in ways has a media persona that somewhat reflects some unfair, yet expected and marketable stereotypes (bad gyal).

 

Then there are the Becky acts themselves. Taylor, Sabrina, present-day Ari (now she's let the blaccent go) etc, who all embody the genteel Goldilocks aesthetic and persona. We (as a Western world) have literally been socialized from childhood to see this as the ideal, the standard, the top tier. To aspire to be, to have, or to simply have close proximity to. So, in Pop terms, whether talented (like Ari, Sabrina) or basic (TS), it almost doesn't matter. It's pegged as "the" best.

 

Bey, by contrast to all of this, cuts through the conventional "rules" and noise to be the best on the merit of her talent and is unproblematic, too. She manages to be the best and Queen to all in a world that is not fundamentally set up for her to be anything close to that. And I really think that bothers people. Sometimes, without them even gauging that it's their foundational socialization (to see Bey and Blackness as "less") that fuels their hating ways. 

 

Ever notice how many people online and offline are so loud about their dislike for Bey, but can NEVER coherently string together a concrete sentence about...why? "I just can't stand her". "There's something about her". "She thinks she's better than everyone else". Grade A BS lol. I must also stress that it's not just Becky stans. It's a consistent throughline stance from racists, the facially challenged, and actual marginalized folk who have internalized the "lesser" society has sold to them that they are, and dislike Bey for thriving against that grain. 

 

 Clearly (!, lol) I could talk about this all day. But it's because it's something I will forever find fascinating, educational (about the way humans think), and generally bizarre af lol.   

Edited by Cbreezy

3 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

Stan culture on X is so toxic - it's insane to see how much hate B gets from all sides

Anyone that has that much time to fight with people on Twitter over pop stars is a huge loser.  They're all trying to out shock one another and are completely vile people.

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

They are pressed. 

 

I used to be so jarred by it and occasionally still am, but it felt so freeing clocking onto the fact that some people are just dedicated to hating what intimidates them. 

 

I am all for different opinions and Bey's music not being for all. I have never been phased by indifference to her because I, by contrast, am indifferent to loads of artists. But the level of dedication people have to trying to chop Bey down to size or outright bring her down has been so educational to me about just the human condition. And I know that may sound unnecessarily deep for a stan forum, but it's true. 

 

Bey is objectively brilliant, something even switched-on non-stans can attest to. So, it is crazy (figuratively and often literally) for fans of lesser-gifted acts to insist otherwise. As well as their turbo-charged commitment to present her as overrated.

 

Bey's existence (in a world that will **always** try and prop up the Tayor Swifts, Adeles, and similar higher), should not have any impact on their fave's ability to succeed. Yet, Bey often bears the biggest brunt of battering. 

 

I can't be convinced that there is not a heavy racial element to it. 

 

Rihanna, by contrast, will never be "as" bothersome to a lot of Beckys because she a) has never embodied perfection, b) is more "relatable" because of it, and c) in ways has a media persona that somewhat reflects some unfair, yet expected and marketable stereotypes (bad gyal).

 

Then there are the Becky acts themselves. Taylor, Sabrina, present-day Ari (now she's let the blaccent go) etc, who all embody the genteel Goldilocks aesthetic and persona. We (as a Western world) have literally been socialized from childhood to see this as the ideal, the standard, the top tier. To aspire to be, to have, or to simply have close proximity to. So, in Pop terms, whether talented (like Ari, Sabrina) or basic (TS), it almost doesn't matter. It's pegged as "the" best.

 

Bey, by contrast to all of this, cuts through the conventional "rules" and noise to be the best on the merit of her talent and is unproblematic, too. She manages to be the best and Queen to all in a world that is not fundamentally set up for her to be anything close to that. And I really think that bothers people. Sometimes, without them even gauging that it's their foundational socialization (to see Bey and Blackness as "less") that fuels their hating ways. 

 

Ever notice how many people online and offline are so loud about their dislike for Bey, but can NEVER coherently string together a concrete sentence about...why? "I just can't stand her". "There's something about her". "She thinks she's better than everyone else". Grade A BS lol. I must also stress that it's not just Becky stans. It's a consistent throughline stance from racists, the facially challenged, and actual marginalized folk who have internalized the "lesser" society has sold to them that they are, and dislike Bey for thriving against that grain. 

 

 Clearly (!, lol) I could talk about this all day. But it's because it's something I will forever find fascinating, educational (about the way humans think), and generally bizarre af lol.   

My fav in recent years: 

"Shes just putting on these clothes and suddenly believes shes a Country artist just like she used the gays for Rennie."

 

Like if you don't even TRY to understand and comprehend her intention and reasoning, if you don't even hear her out, why bother at all? Why lie? Why fabricate bs?

 

These type of people literally remind me of the fact that Bey could end world hunger and find the cure for cancer and all they would say is "oh shes so insufferable thinking she's all that when shes not. Such a wannabe pretend with a good team" :rip:

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

8 hours ago, Crayzik said:

Jealous Type is more of a 80s Synth Pop track so I'm not sure act iii first single will sound like it...on the other hand I can see B going full Beat it to launch the era :duca:

 

 

This would be a DREAM because I've often wanted a song with the theme of Beat it from B. 

1 hour ago, toast said:

NEED a collab with Fantasia on act iii

I've been saying since the beginning that some act III tracks should be giving Warning by Fantasia!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.