Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Calypso

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Calypso

  1. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Thank you. Emphasis on every word you used!
  2. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Beyoncé love, you are skinny af, rich af, a business hustle of yours is finally working, Jay did his summer thing, your voice has been in incredible shape lately.... what we need is you rocking out and giving us your best energy with a band, no need to dance it out, we need beautiful ones/sex on fire, IIWAB x You oughta know type energy! Every time you've rocked tf out with a band is PEAK in every sense possible. Takeeee it awaaayyyy beyoncsayyyyy
  3. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    No offence, but this is a nightmare situation. No videos, no tour films released, no Act III, no nothing, but we end up with a Carter album + the endless hate of Jay abusing his position to use the stage for himself and his billionaire wife. My god. I'd rather nothing happen, cuz Carter's 1.0 was also a therapy side project, and I don't want that vibe again in the middle of a trilogy.
  4. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Shes a bit extra skinny!! Looking incredible as always. Neck's neck is extra neckking!! just in time for headbanging on her rock album visual yup yup delulu lives
  5. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    I hope we get more looks from B in her current glow. She looks amazing
  6. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Edit: nevermind. Dont want to engage sillyness
  7. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    lowkey one of the only real hints we have to guess if shes up to something, or might be coming soon. Its sad but kinda tea with how little she communicates otherwise
  8. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    She looks amazing! wow! I hope she is filming cuz this needs to be recorded for eternity.
  9. A THE hitmaker! She is lowkey unmatched in terms of the type of hits she has. Her hits cross all borders, male, female, occasion, and what not. At any moment you can play her stuff to get people jamming or enjoying or partying. Few people can boast of such appeal
  10. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    It's not always through her music... Her instagram statement about the EndSARS movement in Nigeria: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGmD76aH4mp/ I want to hug you, especially for that last line cuz I can't be the only one who feels it is out of character
  11. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Basically my stance which I ranted in multiple paras... sorry :3
  12. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Yes. YES and MORE. It goes beyond everything. The artist who has inspired me for decades, who has stood up against injustice and inequality and racism and always worked for liberation through her art. THAT woman. Who, in the latter stage of her career, makes it clear that she wants her art to provoke, make people think, be culturally relevant and inspiring... a woman who is rich beyond comprehension (and I love her for her success too). I am disappointed in that artist for staying silent on a LIVE GENOCIDE. Do people comprehend that we are witnessing ethnic cleansing and apartheid in 2026? Bankrolled by American taxpayers? Not just Palestine. Sudan! Congo! (which again has the same main players, US, Israel along with Russia, UAE, Saudi). I want that woman to speak up. Not just as an artist, but as a human, as a normal person. I expect this from everyone at this point because how do you square with your soul? If we can clearly understand where we would've been during Apartheid in South Africa, the various genocides across history, including the one in WW2 and so on... how on EARTH can we expect silence today? And then get into the semantics of commerce for protecting the further enriching of billionaires in 20 ******* 26? I do give her some leeway because people are CRAZY about anything relating to her, and she is a black woman. Sure. And that has led to her not speaking at all outside her art. So I expect fully act-iii to say something. Even though she missed the main window and we all know one day everyone would've been against this. Where were you when it was uncomfortable? When it was difficult? Sigh. Sorry for the rant. I do feel strongly about this. I'm an empath and these last 5-7 years, as I entered my mid 20s, have been soul crushing. Humanity is ******. I do expect the artists of the world at least to speak truth, speak truth to power, and to give us all whatever sliver of hope is possible.
  13. We should start calling it the Zionist stadium. I'm still amazed at how Kraft rallied the other stadium owners too.
  14. The next least we can do now is hold our faves accountable and ensure they all get backlash if anyone books the Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts in the future!!! Let Robert Kraft and his ilk ROT.
  15. This was a slay. Will book you for the next cancellation party too!! --- OT: Love to see it. I hope it only gets worse. I hope Ed is made an example for the world and all other artists to see.
  16. I blocked him and Pink and I hope everyone else does it too. There should be a coordinated effort. If everyone makes one or two other people do the same, it will spread and have a real impact. I'm so sick of the current state of the world.
  17. I would've had this more sympathetic take - which is closer to reality (problematic in its own right that his tour was financially threatened over this) - but his statements and stance since is so cowardly and bleak in light of the times we are living in that I feel quite sad and irritated at an artist I used to like! If the biggest, most successful names of our time, white men at that, can't afford to take a stance against genocide and literal evil, and have to resort to such lame and pathetic PR statements, it spells doom for humanity.
  18. I have blocked both Pink and Ed from my spotify. I don't have much else in my power except that. I hope more people speak with their wallets and just cancel and block these *******
  19. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Say what you will, Chris Martin is her true white husband and always will be!! She loyal like that to a fault
  20. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Maybe she looked fatter in the 4k remasters and so she scrapped them
  21. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    Like literally what is her problem? Is it a joke? A prank? An age and memory issue? A communication issue? A language comprehension issue? LET US KNOWWW
  22. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    If act-iii is Rock in any form, SHE BETTER! the climate of the world demands it too
  23. We truly live in an evil world, and this is not surprising at all because we have heard about this for a long time. Netanyahu and the Zionists are deranged and evil.
  24. agreed!! The second half is so good. When I heard the first half I was wishing these two did a new song with their beautiful voices together (instead of the shouting GMB parts), and then the second half comes in (beautiful)
  25. Calypso replied to DivaCup's topic in Base
    I don't agree with the idea that act-iii was pushed just so Jay could do his thing, or even the idea that it is the main reason why act-iii isn't here yet. My main reason is that I do not think that if her album was 'ready', she'd just 'sit' on it. Art and music is timely and she'd be too far removed from where the art is and where she is at if the delay is just for some 'giving Jay Z' space ideas. I do not think the album was ready in time. She might have thought it would be - hence MET appearance - but it wasn't. I have always believed the following. If Act-III is going to be rock (or adjacent) it is going to be culturally potent - and the world is in a crazy place right now. B has also multiple times expressed that she wants to create art that means something, stands for something, makes a statement and is culturally relevant. I genuinely think that post Trump 2.0 and all the **** since (let's not forget Iran war, our politics, a failing US military empire and so much more), she is kinda figuring out what she really wants to say and not half ass it (then it won't land as strong and be a dud despite talentry). Tho her lens is always more US centric and her personal life and love and womanhood focused, I still think the 'conversation' of it all is something she is figuring out. My hope obviously is that she makes her version (and the 2020s version) of American Idiot (another wartime rock record).

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.