Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, kimberly said:

thee outfit she hasn't dared to replace yet... :jonny:

 

gettyimages-1488956120_vert-a12c767a0a2619c03c15dfa98fc35c3328d1c91c-s1100-c50.jpg 3846.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=17f59316cf626da4b3959d250ed8cc8d 

 

ezgif-4-9819c03c06.thumb.gif.9263c5f516e

Gold is her color. It’s really a continuation/hybrid of the gold Thierry Mugler leotard from I Am tour plus the nipple costume and blue cat suits from Mrs. Carter. 

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

8 minutes ago, Triton said:

Gold is her color. It’s really a continuation/hybrid of the gold Thierry Mugler leotard from I Am tour plus the nipple costume and blue cat suits from Mrs. Carter. 

absolutely what I thought.

 

35 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

imo it’s smart to have a piece like that because it’s visually striking but easy to have multiple made and launder :jonny6:

you're right that it's a staple piece but in no way is a custom handcrafted LOEWE piece with thousands of crystals easy to make multiples of or launder :dies:

 

LOEWE_2023_GISELLE_MAKING_OF_RGB_CROPPED 

Edited by kimberly

18 minutes ago, kimberly said:

you're right that it's a staple piece but in no way is a custom handcrafted LOEWE piece with thousands of crystals easy to make multiples of or launder :dies:

 

LOEWE_2023_GISELLE_MAKING_OF_RGB_CROPPED

nnn maybe “easier than the other looks” would’ve been better wording - obviously none of this is just going to be tossed in the hotel washing machine :dies:

my beyonc song of the day :WAP: I'M NOT A TEACHER BABY BUT I CAN TEACH YOU SOMETHIN 

 

 

It reminds me so much of the bodysuit she wore for MCWT during DiL which is why I love it so much.

spacer.png

They just hug her body so nicely ugh:worship2: and the gloves with painted red nails really just cement the look as one of my faves she has ever worn.

 

I wonder if she was supposed to change outfits during the Thique AUIYM segment, the interlude prior makes it seem like she was supposed to change but maybe she didn’t have time? I wonder what she would have worn.

Still feels like a dream seeing her 2 weeks ago during the first London night, first row in CR :jonny: 

Also less than 2 weeks til I get to experience it all over again in Frankfurt :duca: 

was listening to 4 earlier... "Rather Die Young" hit so differently. i havent even watched it on RWT but wow...what a moment that was most pleasing to me.

 

listening to "4" again just highlighted how immaculate her overall discography is...every album is so distinctive & worthy of its own "hive"

I miss her so much😭😭😭⚰️ i might go to the show in amsterdam even though i'm broke.

1 hour ago, giRLbye. said:

was listening to 4 earlier... "Rather Die Young" hit so differently. i havent even watched it on RWT but wow...what a moment that was most pleasing to me.

 

listening to "4" again just highlighted how immaculate her overall discography is...every album is so distinctive & worthy of its own "hive"

"4" is the perfect summer album imho. I love listening to it next to the beach with the sound of waves in the background. So so good.

 

Its basically 4 for the day sprinkled with a little bit of Bday and Rennie for.the night during summer :heart:

This was the first time she didn’t do Irreplaceable in Spain…Ugh, that always hit!  The way the crowds went wild when she did so. 
 

 

Back in Paris, after a week in Marseille leading up to the long-awaited concert!

I'm in a weird state right now because the Orange Velodrome stadium really fumbled the bag regarding the audio quality of the show...

I was really close to the stage, but the bass were AWFUL. Like the kind of bass that makes your whole body vibrate and forces you to block your ears...

The same has been said by people on the bleachers, some people even left because it was just not enjoyable at all.

We could barely hear Beyoncé singing, so she must have thought we were dumb as **** when we couldn't sing back to her when she asked nnnnnnn :rip::rip:

 

But visually the show was obviously amazing, she didn't have the flat hair she had in Barcelona so I was happy with that haha

She wore one of the ugliest outfits I could think of for the opening, but I'm glad some of you liked it :biblio:

 

Oh and let's not forget it poured on us like crazy so there was a lingering stress throughout the night with questions like "Will the show be canceled? Will she be able to do the whole show? Will she be able to dance?" banging in my mind.

 

Because of the sound issue, I'd say my favorite part was the opening just because the songs weren't too bass heavy!

I ended up watching the whole concert (one of the London dates) on my phone on my way back to Paris, and it was beautiful to see again :chick3:

 

For now, FWT will be my best Beyoncé concert experience. And if she tours again in 2024, I'll make sure to go see her in Paris or Barcelona. I won't make the mistake of trusting my birth city EVER AGAIN.

 

@benyonce I think you went to Marseille too? How was the sound for you?

Edited by Tangane
typos

14 hours ago, kimberly said:

thee outfit she hasn't dared to replace yet... :jonny:

 

gettyimages-1488956120_vert-a12c767a0a2619c03c15dfa98fc35c3328d1c91c-s1100-c50.jpg 3846.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=17f59316cf626da4b3959d250ed8cc8d 

 

ezgif-4-9819c03c06.thumb.gif.9263c5f516e

Yeah this one is definitely the best

 

She hasn't changed Cozy and Summer Rena either

 

The closing one is due for a change tbh 

4 hours ago, giRLbye. said:

was listening to 4 earlier... "Rather Die Young" hit so differently. i havent even watched it on RWT but wow...what a moment that was most pleasing to me.

 

listening to "4" again just highlighted how immaculate her overall discography is...every album is so distinctive & worthy of its own "hive"

4 was my fave from release up until Ren, like I just have so many good memories with it

 

even though it’s not as musically cohesive as some of her others, it has enough of a throwback sound overall to never feel like a playlist :jonny6:

7 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

4 was my fave from release up until Ren, like I just have so many good memories with it

 

even though it’s not as musically cohesive as some of her others, it has enough of a throwback sound overall to never feel like a playlist :jonny6:

I feel like its her most cohesive record after Renaissance sonically speaking

5 hours ago, giRLbye. said:

was listening to 4 earlier... "Rather Die Young" hit so differently. i havent even watched it on RWT but wow...what a moment that was most pleasing to me.

 

listening to "4" again just highlighted how immaculate her overall discography is...every album is so distinctive & worthy of its own "hive"

 

3 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

4 was my fave from release up until Ren, like I just have so many good memories with it

 

even though it’s not as musically cohesive as some of her others, it has enough of a throwback sound overall to never feel like a playlist :jonny6:

4 really is that girl. I maintain that it's still THE album that houses "all" of the "Beyonces" we've come to know and love over the years. Ballad Bey, Bop Bey, Rap Bey, Funk Bey, all the Bey's!

 

For me, it's a daily tussle between 4 and Ren as to my favorite album of hers. I've lived with 4 for over a decade, so the love and appreciation is "deep". It's extremely cohesive for an album that ventures into so many sounds. 

 

Ren, in comparison, houses more triple A moments IMO. The mere fact that Cuff It, Alien, Heated, BMS, Virgo, Church Girl live on the SAME album is mind-blowing. It's for sure a concept album that over-delivers on that metric and still manages to advance her artistry in new/exciting ways 25 years in. I will never ever forget the head-f*ck that was the first 10 seconds of Alien or the literally instant groove of Cuff It and Virgo. Truly a  masterpiece.

16 hours ago, kimberly said:

thee outfit she hasn't dared to replace yet... :jonny:

 

gettyimages-1488956120_vert-a12c767a0a2619c03c15dfa98fc35c3328d1c91c-s1100-c50.jpg 3846.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=17f59316cf626da4b3959d250ed8cc8d 

 

ezgif-4-9819c03c06.thumb.gif.9263c5f516e

she knows it’s one of her BEST tour costumes :jonny: 

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

 

4 really is that girl. I maintain that it's still THE album that houses "all" of the "Beyonces" we've come to know and love over the years. Ballad Bey, Bop Bey, Rap Bey, Funk Bey, all the Bey's!

 

For me, it's a daily tussle between 4 and Ren as to my favorite album of hers. I've lived with 4 for over a decade, so the love and appreciation is "deep". It's extremely cohesive for an album that ventures into so many sounds. 

 

Ren, in comparison, houses more triple A moments IMO. The mere fact that Cuff It, Alien, Heated, BMS, Virgo, Church Girl live on the SAME album is mind-blowing. It's for sure a concept album that over-delivers on that metric and still manages to advance her artistry in new/exciting ways 25 years in. I will never ever forget the head-f*ck that was the first 10 seconds of Alien or the literally instant groove of Cuff It and Virgo. Truly a  masterpiece.

The only truly underappreciated album by Bey is The Gift

1 minute ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I can't believe BMS will be a year old in a week with no music video

 

Z1FBNAj.gif

The first couple seconds of the gif are giving Viola

 

Z1FBNAj.gif

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I can't believe BMS will be a year old in a week with no music video

 

Z1FBNAj.gif

The GIF :deadbanana4: lowkey wanna edit and do a Bey pallative care or ankle arthritis one. 
 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Click Clack said:

she knows it’s one of her BEST tour costumes :jonny: 

It's so creative!

56 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

The only truly underappreciated album by Bey is The Gift

It really isn't. People always praise her songs on it. It's just that she's barely on like half of the album, so naturally people will not talk as much about the stuff she's not on :michael:

29 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

It really isn't. People always praise her songs on it. It's just that she's barely on like half of the album, so naturally people will not talk as much about the stuff she's not on :michael:

You rarely see people praise the album when conceptually speaking, its up there with Rennie and Lemonade (in terms of storytelling)

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

The only truly underappreciated album by Bey is The Gift

I'd probably trade "truly underappreciated" out for "totally underappreciated".

 

4, at least, has it's own Hive and the more she hammers the material (LOT, RTW, etc), the more justice and shine it's receiving as time  goes on. 

 

The Gift, which is one of my personal favorite things she's ever done, is shafted almost entirely by the GP, was embroiled in the most asinine (and counterintuitive) social media discourse, and IMO doesn't even really get a fair shake amongst some of the Hive. 

 

My only hope is that things like this My Power viral moment with Blue and future placements of songs in her show help turn the tide in its favor.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.