Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Does the GP need to stop?

Featured Replies

Beyonce, Taylor, Ariana, Gaga (millenial popstats basically) have caused immense discourse the past months.

Some criticisms about their music might be valid, but every time they get out of hand and people start judging their life choices, body, style, really everything

One might argue this goes hand in hand with being a popstar, but at what point do we cross a limit? We've seen it with Britney

Maybe this is one of the reasons we don't have major stars nowadays, who wants to be subjected to this kind of lunatic scrutiny? Doja, Chapelle didn't want it for instance

Kinda rip Stan Twitter is a disease. Everyone feels obligated to share an opinion on everything, even if they have an obvious bias against the person or genre, and especially if it means they can hop on a bandwagon. And it always results in targeted bullying & bigotry towards the artist. Even people who don't fit the "pop girl" archetype are being subjected to this, like Sombr, Ethel Cain, Conan Gray, Megan Thee Stallion, etc.

Edited by Kurt Hummel

It's easier for people to find flaws externally than face the ones within.

A lot of these people are miserable and misery loves company.

There's endless company to be found online with other miserable souls hellbent on destroying the careers and lives of people who actually had the discipline, talent, willpower and luck to not only pursue but to realise their dreams at the highest levels.

pikachoo

Forgive me but I don't think its the GP who are the ones mostly bringing up Beyonce, Taylor, Ariana and Gaga. rip

we all need to stop tbh. we're always too mad about everything

blackoutbaby

It's hilarious that you think it's the GP that's doing it and not the very sort of people that hang out on a website like this. I don't know if that's you trying to distance yourself from it or what but it's not them.

First they came for Taylor Swift, and I did not speak out because I was not a Swiftie.

Then they came for Ariana Grande, and I did not speak out because I was not a Arianator.

Then they came for Lady Gaga, and I did not speak out because I was not a Lil' Monster.

Then they came for Madonna...

sheep

If by GP you mean gay people, then yes.

Edited by toast

The GP doesn't give a **** which is why all these ladies you listed are still thriving rip It's stan twitter and its subsidiaries (such as this sites) that crucify them but in reality it has little to no impact irl, unless it's sth with real life implications like the Ed Sheeran/Macklemore situation.

Depending on who you refer to as 'GP'. Anyone above the age of 35 generally do not care pop stars in general, unless they do something inexcusable. And by inexcusable I do not mean how many variants Taylor has released of whichever album or how many times she has flown in her private jet. I'm talking about actual crimes, and yes that includes war crimes.

For the average straight 20yo guy or girl, they might think a pop star is annoying, but generally wouldn't have strong opinions either way. The online discourse regarding pop stars are generally from gays and lesbians, and most of the time little things are blown to epic proportions.

9 hours ago, Bussea said:

we all need to stop tbh. we're always too mad about everything

blackoutbaby

Just let AI take care of us once and for all

rogue2

8 hours ago, valleyofthedolls said:

First they came for Taylor Swift, and I did not speak out because I was not a Swiftie.

Then they came for Ariana Grande, and I did not speak out because I was not a Arianator.

Then they came for Lady Gaga, and I did not speak out because I was not a Lil' Monster.

Then they came for Madonna...

sheep

Avi-sis stop it and just remember I'm the funny one

People can be crual but I agree with what's been said above, 90% of the comments on social medias about the artists mentionned do not come from the general public, it's mostly pop stans who need to bring down others to prove that their fave is better

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.