Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kurt Hummel

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kurt Hummel

  1. Seems like it was just a Janet-esque interlude or something, so it wouldn't make sense to be a bonus track. What I'm curious about is Baby Can't You See and the random songs she played on the tour
  2. I really don't understand the Sabrina/Madonna The Substance comparisons (besides them collabing, which Madonna will do with any trending artist) Sure there's influence, but I think Sabrina comes off more Dolly Parton-inspired than any of the other pop girls y'all assign her to. She's also the most successful example of a Taydaughter, technically
  3. Resilient sounds like actual Sims 4 music while Cleveland just sounds like a song they would've licensed for a trailer in 2015. So there's your answer, I guess But also Sims 5 is never happening, and thank god for that!
  4. Don't you need to, like, write original songs in order to be considered a songwriter?
  5. I will forever die on the hill that Actually Romantic was valid & she should be allowed to punch down once in a while
  6. Nobody's saying that My point was completely divorced from Patient Zero & more about how people obsess over Joe and credit him for ghostwriting Folklore, which I believe to be insane & misogynistic Getting into Patient Zero tho, the point about how he "tried to kill her" is a metaphor. We know from TTPD, Midnights, & random earlier songs that she felt trapped in that relationship & it was a melancholic, isolating experience. + Taylor uses the same death metaphor in You're Losing Me and So Long London. I don't think it's so parasocial to connect those dots and see recurring themes/ideas/events in her work, since she prides herself in storytelling. None of her exes cross my mind outside of the abstracted ideas of them in songs
  7. I will never understand the Joe Alwyn "fanbase". There's nothing remotely interesting about him, but they just wanna oppose Taylor & they think he's hot or whatever Meanwhile there are red flags in nearly every song she wrote about him, which only become more and more obvious as we grow distance from them
  8. Taylor lies & gives her untalented boyfriend songwriting credits on ~5 deep cuts and suddenly he's responsible for all of her best work I don't wanna cry misogyny over Taylor hate, but sometimes it is
  9. Almost anything Taylor writes in the 2040s is going to be better than Madonna's entire 2010s output, so I look forward to that thread when the time comes
  10. they've got their foot on the necks of both Ed Sheeran AND SNL US
  11. That depends. Did Taylor say in a livestream that she copies Loona?
  12. Y'all must REALLY hate Cleveland, the way it blinds you to the other songs (namely Babylon) being objectively decent by ATRL fave standards
  13. I think "trade" and hookups with strangers are tacky, but I recognize I'm in the minority there on a site like this
  14. It was never one of my top albums, but I, personally, liked it. I remember actually feeling distraught about it on release week Ruin the Friendship really resonated with me on first listens + I'm one of the 2 people that loves both Cancelled and Actually Romantic. Eldest Daughter is heinous though + I was never a huge fan of most of the Travis-related songs, but I always knew that the hate for them was overblown, & it was unhinged how people tried to spin a white supremacy eugenics narrative around Wi$h Li$t in particular. It's a messy album, not her best work, but at the same time, like 90% of the discourse about it was (and has been) in bad faith
  15. It's aggravating. The new material is mostly really nice, but gays & critics alike are latching onto Cleveland being slightly mid so they can point & be like "Look! TLOAS is still garbage!". They did the same thing with Wood last year, and I Hate It Here the year before, but it feels more intense every time. And you'll get downvoted into oblivion for acknowledging it as an inorganic, hate-fueled thing
  16. There's 1 objective answer to this and it's 143. But I'm sure a bunch of people are gonna vote otherwise because their hate-obsession with Taylor Swift is that strong
  17. Oh Katseye's demise is near
  18. Being c*** is more important to people than having good music, and I think that's why everyone on social media rallies behind artists like Zara while relentlessly bullying Sombr But that's a whole separate discussion that I'm not sure how Taylor fits into
  19. Listened to these songs before reading any of the discourse aaaaand I don't understand what everyone's talking about I feel like some of you chose to hate this before you even hit the play button, or you were too immersed in the Taycapitalist TLOAS=bad discourse to give it a fair shot. These aren't career-highlight masterpieces, but they are decent bonus tracks, and they don't have any of the issues that plagued standard songs like Eldest Daughter/etc.
  20. I love both but Gaga clears this one. Babylon is the one song on Chromatica where obliterating everything from the demo actually made it better
  21. First reaction readings of each song Patient Zero: Cute. I assume this is (in part) about her consoling Sophie Turner after the breakup with Joe Jonas? And that book she likes? Also I can already see the entire music video in my head. Very solid single choice. Cleveland: The is the most Jack Antonoff-esque Max Martin song I've ever heard. If I had a nickel for every New Heights lyric on this album... Pink Clouding: Lover/Midnights serve? Took me a second listen but I guess it's a composite sketch about recklessly jumping into relationships while still affected by past ones, and pondering the effects she had on those men years later? (Bleachella, 2023) Babylon: I don't know how to process this but it's very pretty I'm happy with this. It feels a lot more relaxed and quality-consistent than the standard album
  22. Charli making the cocaine lyric positive Girl get up
  23. If we're dropping unheard songs, where are all the unreleased songs she played on the Dream Within A Dream Tour?
  24. I wonder if they tried to get Britney for this and she refused

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.