Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

The worst transitions between songs?

Featured Replies

What are the worst and most absurd song sequences and transitions you've heard?

For example, on Tori Amos's album American Doll Posse, there are many songs about quiet family life, motherhood, and marriage, and they flow seamlessly into one another like a warm spring day.

Then, after the airy country song "Mr. Bad Man" about an engagement to a husband, suddenly comes the eerie grunge song "Fat ****". I was even afraid that something was wrong with my phone. rip

After this song, an angelic ballad in the style of Céline Dion plays.

Edited by Anora

Confident's closing track being Father and the first song from the Deluxe being Stars is such a mess rip

Back when I used to listen to her, LOVER had the absolute worst track sequencing. Every other track was whiplash where there'd be a decent song followed by absolute cringe. I had to delete almost half the songs to make it listenable.

Also, Everytime following Brave New Girl on ITZ is more whiplash. I think Everytime fits as the final track but BNG is just so out of place on that record imo.

That section in Unapologetic where she tries to get us to forgive Chris Brown

Red is a masterpiece but going from Treacherous to I Knew You Were Trouble to All Too Well to 22 to I Almost Do to WANEGBT rip Schizophrenic sequencing

Edited by Gui Blackout

Janets interludes are the worst ever. As said on CII: Don't be a vibe kill

11 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

Janets interludes are the worst ever. As said on CII: Don't be a vibe kill

I hate her interludes skull

Sweetener is my favorite Ariana album but Raindrops into Blazed is a weird start

just a little bit of your heart -> hands on me -> my everything deadbanana2

I know there's an interlude in between but the dirrty - the voice within transition is still crazy

Same with You Lost Me to I hate boys in bionic

Janet Jackson's RN1814: "Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)" -> "Alright"

Blasphemy but the goddamn alarm on Get Together gives me ptsd, thank god for the unmixed version of that track. I cant believe they couldnt find a way to sequence Hung Up into that album without the jarring alarm going off redface

transitioning into

The "we interrupt our program of Dance Music" intro right AFTER Out from Under takes me out each time I listen to this album skull

2 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

Blasphemy but the goddamn alarm on Get Together gives me ptsd, thank god for the unmixed version of that track. I cant believe they couldnt find a way to sequence Hung Up into that album without the jarring alarm going off redface

Wasn't this intentional tho? Like a "wake up call"

not the worst but I was listening to Music, Fashion, Film yesterday and thought the transition from Rock Music to SS26 was weirdly abrupt and jarring

7 hours ago, HardBambi said:

Janets interludes are the worst ever. As said on CII: Don't be a vibe kill

7 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

I hate her interludes skull

I would like a thread on the best and worst interludes.

I think Nicole Scherzinger's Big Fat Lie is just one big terrible descision after an other.

The album opens with a cute bop about love/sex, the 2nd song fits in the same theme. Then you get a string of heartbreak songs. Followed by a self empowerment song, followed by a string of songs that basically tells us she is horny, then the titletrack comes on which is about the industry and how what you see on social media or overall media is fake. To then follow it up with a big heartbreakballad .

Should have been a double album

3 hours ago, J-esper said:

I think Nicole Scherzinger's Big Fat Lie is just one big terrible descision after an other.

The album opens with a cute bop about love/sex, the 2nd song fits in the same theme. Then you get a string of heartbreak songs. Followed by a self empowerment song, followed by a string of songs that basically tells us she is horny, then the titletrack comes on which is about the industry and how what you see on social media or overall media is fake. To then follow it up with a big heartbreakballad .

Should have been a double album

Big fat lie should have and could have pushed Nicole as the new (and improved) Fergie but unfortunately it didn't happen, she just didn't have the hits, Her name is Nicole was absolutely great though, so was Don't hold your breath

I had to make my own Detour tracklist skull

Polo -> Brutalist -> Need For Speed -> Jeep -> 101 like what was she thinking fff and then Korea is between ***** Ball Out and Freak It

Dua's albums are thematic disasters - totally uncohesive and back & forth lol

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.