Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Charli xcx - "SS26"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 388
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • RideOrDie
    RideOrDie

    2:47 dreamy chill rock track #2 on albüm

  • RideOrDie
    RideOrDie

    i didn't expect the critical acclaim? maybe y'all are gonna like this albüm then

  • Draper.
    Draper.

    Brat, Brat remix, Wuthering Heights and now this in less than two years. She's what every popstar shoud aspire to be.

I really like this direction she's going in. Has she announced an album/mixtape or are these just random droplets for the time being?

12 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I really like this direction she's going in. Has she announced an album/mixtape or are these just random droplets for the time being?

It's a new alboom sis

3 hours ago, immvictor said:

album announcement this week?

looks like. saw on twitter someone teasing the next single for 6/4. if not, maybe with the next one.

2 minutes ago, RichardBaxter said:

looks like. saw on twitter someone teasing the next single for 6/4. if not, maybe with the next one.

I can take you to heaven like it's 2007

Pop star in my bedroom like it's 2007

sabrina

when is weaponize your tears coming @RideOrDie rip

Edited by Pendulum

Playboy Bunny is cute!

I think my ranking of the four songs in total so far would be:

SS26 > I Keep on Thinking Bout You Every Single Day and Night > Playboy Bunny > Rock Music

clap3 really excited for the album

Playboy Bunny>Rock Music>I Keep on Thinking Bout You Every Single Day and Night>SS26

2 hours ago, Pendulum said:

when is weaponize your tears coming @RideOrDie rip

idk what that is rip AI is getting real good

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

when is weaponize your tears coming @RideOrDie rip

Help I think that's AI sis

Also Charli is smart cause I think the next single is in the lyrics…

"Nothing's gonna save us, not music, fashion, or film"

music - rock song

fashion - ss26

film - 📸 (??)

@RideOrDie am I right? 👀

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

idk what that is rip AI is getting real good

5 minutes ago, hoeknows said:

Help I think that's AI sis

oh

azealia

that thing floating around on twitter is giving a Paramore Z-side anyway

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

when is weaponize your tears coming @RideOrDie rip

It's fake, I think Charli fans were just trying to generate some hype for the era using…

suburban

1 hour ago, hoeknows said:

Also Charli is smart cause I think the next single is in the lyrics…

"Nothing's gonna save us, not music, fashion, or film"

music - rock song

fashion - ss26

film - 📸 (??)

@RideOrDie am I right? 👀

tenor.gif

YUH IT MAKES ME FEEL HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL

WHEN THE 📸 IS ON!

Edited by RideOrDie

1 hour ago, Icarus said:

It's fake, I think Charli fans were just trying to generate some hype for the era using…

suburban

not this swiftie bait

There's just a few too many lyrical clunkers in this for it to work properly. Charli's writing about Celebrity™ is not strong enough to survive in this kind of sparse soundscape.

I love how refreshing this is definitely not expected, definitely perfect in the wake of BRAT.

I think the discourse is so interesting when it comes to women and rock music like if it was Matty Healy singing these songs he would be lorded over.

The music video referencing SATC is giving me life

charli doing what she wants really pisses some of y'all off in a not so secretly misogynistic way

I have so many thoughts about this song and listening to it made me piece together what she's doing this era and it's kinda genius / the best "response" to Brat she coulda done. IMO, Rock Music and SS26 are an earnest message wrapped in that signature Charli sarcasm. like suuuper sarcastic.

SS26 is honestly such a lovely, melodic tune. the "spriiiing summer" line at the start is soo hooky wtf. I love how stripped back the song is yet still feels electronic, slightly rock, and an unmistakable homage to American Life and even Music (the album) with the style of guitar, drums, and electro flourishes throughout, and ofc the subject matter being a social commentary on pop culture, fame, technology, and "the world". talking about using her ethnic background and politics as marketing ploys, how the arts won't save us from the state of the world (which is kinda both true and untrue), and if she looks good in designer clothes who cares (critique of celebrity culture). i love how cynical the song is but its more contemplative than it is a critique

It's clear she went the "opposite" direction of Brat - black & white visuals, stripped back, more "her" as a person than the "party girl" persona which she's known for. the thing that saves this concept from being too cliche or predictable (which could've easily happened) is the music itself, the writing, and her execution from a style standpoint. the visuals are high end, well produced, and compelling. i mean the SS26 MV is so well shot, edited, and a dozen outfit changes like how can you not call that cvnt.

Edited by gorgeouss

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.