Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 2 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Also man would I love her next project to dive even deeper into industrial / hard electronic sounds but I've grown to be skeptical of the idea that she uses her previous music as a "teaser" of what's to come. Feels like every era stans hype themselves up for the "more experimental" version of ARTPOP or Chromatica or MAYHEM and it never comes in the format of a brand new record.

  • Replies 43.1k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Aston Martin
    Aston Martin

    By popular request, I have been asked to summon all the Liddos to the Gaga base. Get ready to buy and stream sistren

  • Johnny Jacobs
    Johnny Jacobs

    I thought she announced part 2 You are going to hell

  • Universo
    Universo

Also wtf happened to the The Weeknd collab? It was pretty much all but confirmed (or so we thought) at the end of last year and crickets since.

I think it'd be really weird for Gaga to say Requiem is the last thing she's doing for Mayhem only to release a tour video

I'm not opposed to it but it feels weird. I feel like she scrapped the tour release for Requiem and added it to a box set she'll release in 20 years with the other unreleased tours

I hope that after MAYHEM's commercial success, she gives herself the freedom to experiment more sonically. We all know she has it in her. I absolutely love the Killah arrangement on MAYHEM Requiem, that's exactly the direction I'd love to hear her explore on the next album. I also hope she announces the next project without releasing a lead single beforehand. and I think a shorter era with less traditional promotion would suit her well. I've become a bit skeptical that we'll get anything by the end of this year, though. At this point, I just hope we get something new sometime next year.

4 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Also wtf happened to the The Weeknd collab? It was pretty much all but confirmed (or so we thought) at the end of last year and crickets since.

I completely forgot about that, maybe it'll come out this year and end up being a transition into the next era, the same way DWAS was for MAYHEM. If it becomes a hit, we'll just call it the lead single retroactively lol

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

I completely forgot about that, maybe it'll come out this year and end up being a transition into the next era, the same way DWAS was for MAYHEM. If it becomes a hit, we'll just call it the lead single retroactively lol

Not the Gagaprint

6 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

I think it'd be really weird for Gaga to say Requiem is the last thing she's doing for Mayhem only to release a tour video

I'm not opposed to it but it feels weird. I feel like she scrapped the tour release for Requiem and added it to a box set she'll release in 20 years with the other unreleased tours

Requiem was filmed before the Mayhem Ball in LA.

Also may be an unpopular opinion but I'm definitely team new producers for the sake of keeping things fresh. The MAYHEM crew did a great job and released 20 songs together, it's time for something different (and honestly the most ideal situation is a solo produced record)

If anything RIGHT NOW it's the perfect time to release LG8. points are low, Spotify only needs 4.5M to peak at #1, etc etc. If Madonna's dance record can "succeed" with words of mouth and good reviews, I'm sure Gaga will easily topping the charts with ease, considering the hype from Abracadabra to LG8's lead seems bigger than JFAD/Harlequin/DWAS to Disease due people get tired of her "side projects" at that time (I mean this decade alone she had: 3 soundtracks, 2 jazz albums, 2 movies, 1 'frontloaded' pop album *still successful, but a low bar for MPG's standard* and 1 smash pop album) clearly the demand is still there if they play their card right. I mean Abra would have peaked at top 10 during its first week with full tracking days, physical sales, and if Interscope decide to NOT release it during Kendrick Lamar's Superbowl week and AKA her label mate rip

LG 6.5 is what kills MAYHEM's hype to its full potential. They should have released it AFTER MAYHEM dropped.
Streaming isn't the issue for her anymore, she can easily get 100M album track with ease nowadays. It's the TIMING. This is what exactly happened to Billie Eilish aka her label mate too rip

32 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

I think it'd be really weird for Gaga to say Requiem is the last thing she's doing for Mayhem only to release a tour video

I'm not opposed to it but it feels weird. I feel like she scrapped the tour release for Requiem and added it to a box set she'll release in 20 years with the other unreleased tours

she literally filmed requiem before the tour film, why would scrap it in favor of an Apple Music partnership that all her labelmates on Interscope also did. we're doing too much about this tour film that's probably not coming out until right before the next era starts...

anyways, I don't think the next album is going to Mayhem 2.0, but I do think if it comes out sooner rather than later that we will hear some of its DNA in the final product just because it's so close in between projects. I know a lot of fans think Requiem's sound is a tease too, but I feel like that's a separate thing. I still think her behind the synthesizer is going to be a big thing next era and I'm still an "LG8 will be her self-produced electronic opus" truther.

Oop some Haus Labs products are on sale

SHOPPING SPREE!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPb63BaUBKCdfdrMdzruh

1 hour ago, TedLasso said:

Also may be an unpopular opinion but I'm definitely team new producers for the sake of keeping things fresh. The MAYHEM crew did a great job and released 20 songs together, it's time for something different (and honestly the most ideal situation is a solo produced record)

The new team:

SHYGIRL & Sega Bodega

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPb63BaUBKCdfdrMdzruh

12 hours ago, The Witch said:

GAS STATION (Ga Ga remix) NOW

kukai

@Freaky Prince

Gaga as WGIA Tour opener

kukai

  • ATRL Moderator

we never getting an experimental album if she cont these sporadic (3-5 yr) releases.

sad reality is she needa capitalize on the commercial success of a still-fresh era to fully lean into that side of her artistry. thats why BTW + AP happened when they did. nowadays, that creative risk-taking shifted toward jazz & acting.

The timing would be great for something more daring because the pressure for Gaga to prove herself commercially is the lowest it's ever been in her career. She's seen almost two decades of sustained success. She has bounced back time and time again. I think she's in a great position to go bolder.

Nothing's really riding on LG8, commercially. If she bombs she'll still tour stadiums and can easily have another smash era down the line. The post-ARTPOP storyline has been fully resolved by Mayhem.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

I don't know why she doesn't just put out EPs. Like, little mini-eras with a few killer songs from different producers that she can have her interns promote while she rides her horses and cooks pasta. She gave us so much with Mayhem, and the momentum is in her favor if she acts fast enough.

Unrelated, the Madonna album is good y'all! I'm not really a fan of her discography, but this one is really refreshing.

3 hours ago, Devin said:

we never getting an experimental album if she cont these sporadic (3-5 yr) releases.

sad reality is she needa capitalize on the commercial success of a still-fresh era to fully lean into that side of her artistry. thats why BTW + AP happened when they did. nowadays, that creative risk-taking shifted toward jazz & acting.

I agree but also look how that old release schedule turned out for her. She essentially had 4 major pop albums out in a 5 year window and by the time ARTPOP came out she was clearly burnt out, abusing substances, depressed, and the GP hated her. skull And I also think ARTPOP is pretty bad but that's subjective obviously.

I do believe we'll get LG8 sooner rather than later anyway but I also wouldn't want her to put music out just for the sake of it if it's not good. Yearly or more consistent releases are definitely becoming more popular again but I don't think she or her team care about capitalising on success of the moment anymore.

2 hours ago, Archetype said:

that she can have her interns promote while she rides her horses and cooks pasta.

This is frying me

Can she start teasing so that base goes active again?

It's dangerous out there I wanna hide

%E5%8C%97%E9%9F%93-%E5%A5%B3%E4%B8%BB%E6

35 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

Can she start teasing so that base goes active again?

It's dangerous out there I wanna hide

%E5%8C%97%E9%9F%93-%E5%A5%B3%E4%B8%BB%E6

let's start a rumour she is about to collab with morgan wallen

%E5%8C%97%E9%9F%93-%E5%A5%B3%E4%B8%BB%E6

14 minutes ago, Europe said:

let's start a rumour she is about to collab with morgan wallen

%E5%8C%97%E9%9F%93-%E5%A5%B3%E4%B8%BB%E6

When I said hiding I didn't mean together with the Swifties

%E5%8C%97%E9%9F%93-%E5%A5%B3%E4%B8%BB%E6

10 hours ago, TedLasso said:

Also wtf happened to the The Weeknd collab? It was pretty much all but confirmed (or so we thought) at the end of last year and crickets since.

Wasn't it meant for the World Cup? And then there were creative differences with Gaga and FIFA so it was shelved

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.