Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases đź’ż

Ryan Tedder admits to using AI while creating songs

Featured Replies

ryan-tedder-ai-social.jpg

 

The award-winning OneRepublic singer-songwriter and producer, who has worked with acts like Taylor Swift, Tate McRae, John Legend, Miley Cyrus, and Beyonce, spoke out in a recent interview on Nova's Smallzy's Surgery.

 

During the conversation with Smallzy, he spoke out AI transforming the industry, and how it's being used to write new music.

 

"It is changing music…it's changing it from a creative perspective, I've gotten cuts because for instance, if I'm pitching a song to a female artist, historically I would either just leave me on singing the demo or occasionally I would hire a female demo singer to come in and replace me which they call a scratch vocal…but with AI, I started probably 18 months ago replacing my voice," he explained.

 

"Like if I wanted to do a song that sounded like Ariana Grande, I'd sing it like Ariana in my way, process it, put the song back in and all of a sudden you're like 'Oh my god this is amazing,'" he continued.

 

"So I started pitching a song doing that and it started working to tremendous effect…holy cow, it works."

 

"There's a couple of different AI companies that allow me to input my idea and then tell it what I want it to do, to sound like, and then it'll pop out the other end. And what that does is saves me half a day of work…It's all s–t that I would have to do anyway, but it saved me," Ryan explained.

 

"So that's the extent that I've used it. But when it comes to lyrics, ChatGPT lyrics has become the joke. Inside of songwriting sessions, you'll be like 'Man, that s–t sounds so ChatGPT' like that has become the punchline. The lyrics are so bad that it's so ChatGPT."

 

x

 

It's over. AI will completely take over the music industry.

 

8c9aa6df-9711-4f95-adce-1dee1a9115ae_tex

Edited by Radical Pessimism

  • Replies 57
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually just dont want my brain to rot and to become lazy and stupid because that's what it's gonna do to society and society is already stupid and lazy enough as is and I won't be part of that. In

  • If you're intentionally not using AI in some way in 2025 I assume you're either jobless or simply looking to be a contrarian 

  • AvadaKedavra
    AvadaKedavra

    The issue here is..........he's not hiring demo singers anymore so less work for all of them  He's rich enough to pay demo singers and help some fellow artists-singers strugglin i dislike him more

  • Author
1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

girl literally everyone does be so fr

Really? I just started using AI.

 

gif.png

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

girl literally everyone does be so fr

Lmao, exactly. 

 

 

While he's a trash person, producer, singer etc he's not admitting to using AI to write songs, just to produce vocals

If you're intentionally not using AI in some way in 2025 I assume you're either jobless or simply looking to be a contrarian 

So does Justin Tranter, although he says he only uses it to find rhymes and such. AI should be implemented as a tool/service instead of a replacement

  • Author
5 minutes ago, alexrex said:

That's why his latest songs are so dull 

His music has always been dull, even before ppl started using AI :lmao:

  • Author
4 minutes ago, playboi said:

If you're intentionally not using AI in some way in 2025 I assume you're either jobless or simply looking to be a contrarian 

I'm jobless at the moment :gaycat7:

I mean it might be tough for people to hear but the truth is AI is being used a lot more in music than we are privy to

His music is generic anyway, so I don't think it's making a difference in his case.

  • Popular Post
17 minutes ago, playboi said:

If you're intentionally not using AI in some way in 2025 I assume you're either jobless or simply looking to be a contrarian 

I actually just dont want my brain to rot and to become lazy and stupid because that's what it's gonna do to society and society is already stupid and lazy enough as is and I won't be part of that. In terms of personal use. 

  • Popular Post
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I actually just dont want my brain to rot and to become lazy and stupid because that's what it's gonna do to society and society is already stupid and lazy enough as is and I won't be part of that. In terms of personal use. 

The way the replies are all "everyone does it" :dancehall: It's over for them i fear

 

  • Popular Post

The issue here is..........he's not hiring demo singers anymore so less work for all of them 
He's rich enough to pay demo singers and help some fellow artists-singers strugglin
i dislike him more and more with each thing. I was a big fan :emofish: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

He better not complain when he's out of work because of AI in a few years. :coffee2:

46 minutes ago, Radical Pessimism said:

I'm jobless at the moment :gaycat7:

Same, I'm about to go back to college later this year because ever since AI went viral in late 2023, data science industry is DEAD :redface:

1 hour ago, playboi said:

If you're intentionally not using AI in some way in 2025 I assume you're either jobless or simply looking to be a contrarian 

or ethical and environmentally conscious :giraffe:

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.