Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 110.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

20 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

AM US

20. Harlequin (+12)

 

AM UK

4. Harlequin (+9)

 

:celestial6:

:clap3:

3 hours ago, Sombre said:

LG7 is confirmed to be pop, with the lead single releasing in less than 4 weeks & album in February. 

Ooo I need to keep an eye out for that :duca:

She really did The Joker for the Perfect Illusion girls. I'm obsessed with it. 

 

In-Collage-20240926-093753277.png

I can't get into If My Friends Could See Now…I wish she kept the slow rockish intro vibe

 

Oh When the Saints and World on a String remain glorious 

 

The album rewards repeat listens tbh 

Just finally listening. I have to admit she sounds very at home with music like this. I understand, since the genres and sounds she explores here have largely fallen out of the mainstream, that it doesn't really get people going the way her modern-style pop material does. But damn is she good at this - like, the raw talent! I'm only at World On A String, but I think it's the best track so far, and I'm sure even better is coming.

The Joker is one of the best cover. Totally change the dynamic of the original. Her voice is at all time high. LIKE THIS IS ART.

18x #1s on AM so far

 

#1 Austria
#1 Brazil
#1 China
#1 Croatia
#1 Cyprus

#1 Estonia
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Latvia
#1 Lebanon
#1 Macau
#1 Netherlands
#1 Poland
#1 Serbia
#1 Sweden
#1 Taiwan
#1 Turkey
#1 Uruguay

 

 

:clap3:

I enjoyed the whole album. Tony would be proud of her. :clap3:

 

Happy Mistake is phenomenal.

Call me uncultured, but I wasn't familiar with the original version of Close To You before this, so it has almost as much impact as a totally new song would. Happy Mistakes is obviously great, and I see why people say it ranks among her best ballads, but Close To You is going to get my replays for a while - it's so well-suited for her voice. I don't know, maybe I'm also biased as I'm sitting here next to a man who makes me feel this way (not that he has a damn clue), maybe it's because the instrumentation choices make me think of music by some of my other favorite artists, but it all falls into place perfectly. Not a single other cover track she's done has hit the mark for me like this. Whew, Ms. L. GaGa, I didn't expect to be punched this hard this morning but punched I was :jonnycat:

The Slant review reads so passive-aggressive, you can tell they don't like her :biblio:

 

At least the review was a 70 even though it reads as a 50-60 :deadbanana: i was expecting a 40 from them

The Joker needs a MV, it's so well arranged and she sounds GLORIOUS. Happy Mistake is powerful and warm at the same time, these 2 are the songs I'm consuming the most (close to you is  a little masterpiece too). I'm so proud of her, she is an amazing ARTIST. :clownny:

Just now, MadameX said:

When do we start getting critic reviews?

There's 4 so far

 

80 - Irish times

70 - Slant

60 - Guardian

60 - Independent

4 minutes ago, Pop_Music_Lover said:

The Joker needs a MV, it's so well arranged and she sounds GLORIOUS. Happy Mistake is powerful and warm at the same time, these 2 are the songs I'm consuming the most (close to you is  a little masterpiece too). I'm so proud of her, she is an amazing ARTIST. :clownny:

Isn't it getting a Video?

Besides 3 or 4 songs I did not understand this album, I was expecting something dark, dramatic or even depressive sound & I get all the opposite.

 

Maybe the album will make sense after I watch the movie. 

4 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Besides 3 or 4 songs I did not understand this album, I was expecting something dark, dramatic or even depressive sound & I get all the opposite.

 

Maybe the album will make sense after I watch the movie. 

I agree! The cover and the base material made me expect something a little grungier, darker. I was still expecting a bit of jazz, but I thought it would be… more sinister feeling. This is a very joyous album which i unfortunately can't get into right now.

This is such a feel good and warm album, perfect for the season. Listened again today and it brightened my day right away :heart:

 

Happy Mistake tho… it wrecked me yesterday and it did too today

5 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Isn't it getting a Video?

we are talking about the video of her and the statues of the eras? I guessed that was just a rumour cause it's still not announced... and then I read a post saying " wish there was a full Louvre video" so I guess that's all we are getting? someone TELL ME I ASSUMED WRONG:clownny:

Finally listening to this and I like the vibe thus far... Although the contrast between that depressing a** cover and the music I'm hearing is... interesting:gaycat6:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.