Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

MESS I feel like she used this movie as an excuse to release another jazz covers album

 

c17PyaI.gif

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 110.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

10 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Besides 3 or 4 songs I did not understand this album, I was expecting something dark, dramatic or even depressive sound & I get all the opposite.

 

Maybe the album will make sense after I watch the movie. 

Yeah. 

6 minutes ago, Pop_Music_Lover said:

we are talking about the video of her and the statues of the eras?

Don't believe everything you read on Twitter. :suburban:

7 minutes ago, Azealia Banks said:

good morning

 

 spacer.png

I FU CKING HATE YOU ALL :ahh::ahh::ahh:

:biblio:

bring back pop Gaga please.

 

I'm not a theater kid so this was not enjoyable. Sorry kids :) Cant wait to see the movie though!

15 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

Finally listening to this and I like the vibe thus far... Although the contrast between that depressing a** cover and the music I'm hearing is... interesting:gaycat6:

same lol

 

I like it, but the marketing was a bit of a switch up

28 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

There's 4 so far

 

80 - Irish times

70 - Slant

60 - Guardian

60 - Independent

is this good? :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

:biblio:

bring back pop Gaga please.

 

I'm not a theater kid so this was not enjoyable. Sorry kids :) Cant wait to see the movie though!

Its coming out in a month, let her enjoy and do the jazz thing for couple weeks :gayalipacat5:

5 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

Finally listening to this and I like the vibe thus far... Although the contrast between that depressing a** cover and the music I'm hearing is... interesting:gaycat6:

I think this will be further contextualized by the film and thinking about it from the lens of the character. I actually want to use Close To You as an example here - it's a happy-sounding song, as if you're starstruck with your partner, but think of it from the perspective of someone who literally can't be close to their partner, who can only "long to be close to" them. I expect there to be some element of that in the film since the premise is that she and Arthur meet as inmates in a medical institution, likely separated by physical and procedural barriers and bound by rigid rules in at least some way. Maybe over the course of the movie they can meet physically more easily, but it turns out to be fleeting, or something? Either way, the juxtaposition between the mood of the cover and photoshoot and the upbeat nature of much of the music is definitely intentional. Folie à Deux means "madness of two," after all, and refers to shared psychosis; some of the information we have about the writing and production process talks about music that nobody can hear but Lee and Arthur. Baked right into the premise is an element of escaping the depressing, dark, restrained reality into something brighter.

1 minute ago, Human Fly said:

Its coming out in a month, let her enjoy and do the jazz thing for couple weeks :gayalipacat5:

yea okay sure... but its been too long lol

Just now, MadameX said:

is this good? :toofunny3:

Its about same scores as Cheek to Cheek and Love For Sale , so its good i think because both won grammy award. Idk its hard to critique covers and jazz music overall.

I've finally finished my first listen of Harlequin and the first thing I have to say is that we're so lucky to stan an artist with this piece of art in her discography. Gaga's voice sounds more powerful and radiant than ever. The atmosphere she creates throughout the album draws you in like a night on Broadway: tragic, gritty, magical, surreal and dreamy :heart2:

 

Some quick thoughts: 

  • The way tears started welling up by the third song, Oh, When The Saints, yikes! :dies:
  • Smile sounds more mysterious and captivating than the 2020 version.
  • The Joker is the standout track --powerful vocally and instrumentally. It's superb! :soda:
  • Folie À Deux screams Best Original Song at the OSCARS.
  • Happy Mistake is stunning and deeply personal, and it transitions beautifully into That's Life, which serves as a perfect and brutal closer. 

Score: 8/10 :clap3:

Just now, MusicIsMyMaster said:

yea okay sure... but its been too long lol

Ikr her album coming out in February 2025… Literally 5 years since Chromatica :DWAS:

So is Happy Mistake eligible for an Oscar nod? It deserves one. Best song on the album besides The Joker and World On a String :celestial6:

I need a safe space to talk about how much I love this album! The anti-jazzters need to exit stage left! 

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

So is Happy Mistake eligible for an Oscar nod? It deserves one. Best song on the album besides The Joker and World On a String :celestial6:

It's not in the movie, so unfortunately not.

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

So is Happy Mistake eligible for an Oscar nod? It deserves one. Best song on the album besides The Joker and World On a String :celestial6:

No it's not in the film 

2 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Ikr her album coming out in February 2025… Literally 5 years since Chromatica :DWAS:

wait this emoji eats :DWAS:

I'm gonna finish it later but Good Morning is really boppy omg :jonny5: It's really so exciting to finally have new Gaga music!

4 minutes ago, justin. said:

It's not in the movie, so unfortunately not.

 

4 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

No it's not in the film 

She should force Todd into the editing room to make sure it plays first in the credits. It's deserved. 

Lady Gaga, the cabaret queen – who would've thought it?

 

:suburban:


Harlequin, Lady Gaga's companion album to her Batman spinoff, Joker: Folie à Deux, is deeply old-fashioned – plus the week's best albums

 

3/5

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/lady-gaga-harlequin-album-review/

30 minutes ago, MadameX said:

is this good? :toofunny3:

I mean it's okay. There's probably some 80s coming too, the score will  be around 70s, pretty much like most  of her albums 

 

I really wanted a 80+ score but i accepted that she's too polarizing to ever get that

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.