Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

FKA twigs - 'EUSEXUA'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 2k
  • Views 86.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • i don't wanna be that person but she's a little to weird for me this era… like this whole 11 commandments, minimalism, eusexua thing is just too freaky for me. and this mv is beautiful but the naked p

  • Not me giving a striptease to my boyfriend on Striptease, making a wrong movement and snapping my neck giving me a jolt of headache i've never felt before. Literally on the bed in a dark room right no

Still on Drums of Death.... gym banger of the year I fear

 

9iPKpad.gif

Is she dragging The Crow's cast on Wnaderlust? messy queen drag those flops :coffee:

4 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

There is something missing from Room of Fools IMO

thank god I'm not the only one...

 

also the way this goes from a 7 to an 8 the instant you delete Childlike Things is CRAZY. 

The last seconds Of Room For Fools sounds like a mix of the last seconds of Skin by Madonna and part of Mer Girl :loki:

1 minute ago, Uncatena said:

thank god I'm not the only one...

 

also the way this goes from a 7 to an 8 the instant you delete Childlike Things is CRAZY. 

It's no soooo bad. It's kinda giving early Grimes. 

it's insane how she manages to channel different artists while remaining so breathtakingly, compellingly innovative. so much of this album feels like a reinvention of songs I've heard past but somehow I'm hearing them for the first time again. an insane, insane album. even the songs that don't feel like they necessarily sound amazing still retain that feeling of something evocative. 10/10

1 minute ago, jordanjm said:

It's no soooo bad. It's kinda giving early Grimes. 

I already spoke my piece about that song. It's not even the worst song ever but the second North starts blabbing I want to rip my skin off from cringe. it's.... questionable to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Uncatena said:

thank god I'm not the only one...

 

also the way this goes from a 7 to an 8 the instant you delete Childlike Things is CRAZY. 

Oh that track was total trash what was she thinking.. 

 

I'm kind of upset at how much this album is not quite hitting for me. The lead single really set the tone for me and nothing has really captured that since, except Girl Feels Good. 

This is either my favorite Twigs album now or right below Magdalene. It hits ALL the spots that work for me!

 

Not saying everyone should agree with me... but sorry to the girlies that don't get this album

1 minute ago, BNF91 said:

Oh that track was total trash what was she thinking.. 

 

I'm kind of upset at how much this album is not quite hitting for me. The lead single really set the tone for me and nothing has really captured that since, except Girl Feels Good. 

its hitting harder with replays but even if it grows on me immensely, it's still nowhere near her best work. some songs feel like she trapped herself in a certain sound, and I appreciate her trying to break out of it, but it can feel really clumsy. While Room of Fools is a cool trance-y song (and that outro MY GOD), it's also a really hollow song that goes mostly nowhere. and then you have songs that remind me of LP1 and even MAGDALENE like Sticky or Keep It, Hold It but they have this really forced switch up in them that works against them.

Seriously everyone is going to start pretending you don't like Childlike Things? You just hate fun. 

Well I finished it. It's the first time I'm not totally slain by a Twigs album and I've been listening to her since the Papi Pacify days. Eusexua had me by the balls and I even grew hard onto Perfect Stranger with the video. Drums of Death is incredible and Girl Feels Good is so damn good. But I didn't save a single song to my library after that. That Childlike Things track is offensive to my ears. 

 

I was insanely hyped for this album. I'm not sure what happened. 

 

Weakest album by her for sure. 

Edited by BNF91

Just now, BNF91 said:

Well I finished it. It's the first time I'm not totally slain by a Twigs album and I've been listening to her since the Papi Pacify days. Eusexua had me by the balls and I even grew hard onto Perfect Stranger with the video. Drums of Death is incredible and Girl Feels Good is so damn good. But I didn't save a single song to my library after that. 

 

I was insanely hyped for this album. I'm not sure what happened. 

 

Weakest album by her for sure. 

Listen again

also, this is getting nitpicky but the mixing and mastering on some songs is NOT good.

1 minute ago, Uncatena said:

also, this is getting nitpicky but the mixing and mastering on some songs is NOT good.

Room of Fools suffers from this hard and I think that's what I'm missing from it. There's a lack of, "fullness" to the soundscape. The beat is also propulsive to a point, but like you said it also goes nowhere. Like it's stuck at 60 mph when it should rev up at some point. That outro is so beautiful though. 

Keep It, Hold It - Striptease - 24hr Dog IS one of the best runs in her career tho

now let me just say, I'm too tired to articulate anything properly, but there's some canon of albums out there that contains Post, Vespertine, Ray of Light, Confessions on a Dancefloor, and Brat (among many others) and I wouldn't call you crazy to say this album is in there (and not just because it shares sounds with some of them, I mean in terms of being good as well lol)

 

and that's after one listen as someone who was only ever tangentially into her work before now 

Wow, I think this is her best album. It deserves to be this years brat tbh.

  • ATRL Moderator

it's too soon to say AOTY.

 

with that said, AOTY.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.