IDGAF

One Kiss

Don't Start Now

Break My Heart

Levitating

Cold Heart

Dance The Night Away

are all WW hits katy could only wish for

You are hilarious because all of Dua's albums combined can't event compare to Prism much less Teenage Dream.

Katy has 3 mega albums under her belt with so many hits, great music videos and pop culture moments. Dua is out of her depth here.

Edited by Redporus
  • Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterNavy

• Ethereal

• Disconnect

• Timeless

3 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Nothing went wrong, an under-performance was inevitable - simply because she just isn't THAT girl. I don't see anything that makes her different from her peers like Charli XCX, Rita Ora, Ava Max, and Cher Lloyd. Plus, neither her vocals nor her performances are anything special. When you put it all together, she kind of comes across as being faceless.

Rira Ora, Ava Max and Cher Llloys are NOT her peers. Neither of them is able to have an arena/stadium tour.

imo it was too early for her to make an album with mostly slow laid back songs..she's barely on her third album. She still has to focus on playing the pop girl game and should have made the album focused on producing more hits. There's really no exciting aspect of her life to draw the GP in so this is the path she should've taken.

Kinda like how Ariana followed up My Everything with Dangerous Woman.

1 minute ago, judasmonster said:

imo it was too early for her to make an album with mostly slow laid back songs..she's barely on her third album. She still has to focus on playing the pop girl game and should have made the album focused on producing more hits. There's really no exciting aspect of her life to draw the GP in so this is the path she should've taken.

Kinda like how Ariana followed up My Everything with Dangerous Woman.

She needed more controversy and better visuals to accompany it.

Using the same dance/pop formula and selling a fake psychedelic story contributed to its floppage 

3 hours ago, Ethereal said:

she just isn't THAT girl

IMG_1444.thumb.gif.d670124fe091f0216cd3a

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

The songs are just too weird and soul-less. Bad producers and wrong album vision. Thats it. :giraffe:

I honestly dont get why she went for this concept. Where was the commercial appeal? Why such a cheap video for houdini?

I feel the same about Taylor.  Why wasting the chance of release something experimental and releasing an album that dull :gaycat2:

Pop girls been lackin in direction lately. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

Timing is really bad. She should dropped right after Houdini which is the most liked single of this era or release Houdini earlier this year if her plan was to drop an album before the summer.

Her success is simply not organic. I enjoyed FN as much as everyone, but I am ready for her downfall :gayoncecat3:

It's uninspired and directionless. My assumption after she teased the album as "experimental" and a "sonic shift" is that the label forced her to throw it out and play it safe.

• Like 1

Just wait 66 months…. it's going to take 6 months per track to catch on you guys NEVER learn with dua omg :jonny4:

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

My theory is that the label got involved and messed it up. The promotion for Houdini is at stark odds with the aesthetics and sound of the rest of the record. I like it, but it feels like some nonsense happened behind the scenes that we weren't privy to.

It's the opposite. She fired her team for FN and hired her dad to manage her career. Her label likely gave her more freedon after FN too.

So artists just need tighter management and struggle when they try to take control. The label should have  shipped her off to writing camps instead of keeping the Kevin Parker songs after houdini underperformed.

• Like 1

It was too ahead of its time

when a certain magazine outlet said this album was supposedly "the british lemonade" :coffee:

It's too experimental for the GP :suburban:

She didn't learn from Katy's 4 year break with Witness.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

It's uninspired and directionless. My assumption after she teased the album as "experimental" and a "sonic shift" is that the label forced her to throw it out and play it safe.

Tea.

The album was intended to be something psychedelic and more experimental, but then they saw the chart performances of the 2 singles and were like... Nope. The album should focus more on summer and those types of songs. Release "Illusion" with a summery video and save the record. :gaycat2: drop the vertigo concept.

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Out of every huge album release this year I enjoy this the most and I am listening on repeat. First time with an album this year. I never ever went back to Ari after one listen for example. Same with Taylor and Beyonce. I dont know why. Feels like I am in a muscial depression.

I'm the most excited for Kesha, Tove and Nelly F to save me

Isn't it rumored Warner's cut her promo budget?

The album is good, though not as good as FN, and I think she could've picked better singles. The promo is also lacking IMO. She should shelve this era and get back to the studio if this era keeps underperforming.

9 hours ago, Timeless said:

At least Katy had 3 huge albums with multiple #1 singles, and even her "flop" Witness era had a top 10 hit and over 1 billion views for a music video. 

Dua hadn't even reached Katy's peak yet. They are not of the same caliber. 

Well its true 

dua wishes she had Katy's success

i was talking about the situation where both of them  were adored by the GP but lacked a solid fanbase 

Posted (edited)

how are you gonna have radical in the title to the album be so plain

Edited by Karla Cabello
  • Like 3

Her mistake was, that she promoted DTN heavily and started her new era too early after that barbie song. The transition was fast that gp didn't feel it at all… also she had to disappear after DTN till January / February and then drop Houdini. It would work better…

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

Hot & Cold

I Kissed a Girl

California Girls

Teenage Dream

ET

Last Friday Night

Roar

Dark Horse

these are just katy's "hits"

and most of these are local :rip: 

imagine not mentioning firework :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Isn't it rumored Warner's cut her promo budge to?

The album is good, though not as good as FN, and I think she could've picked better singles. The promo is also lacking IMO. She should shelve this era and get back to the studio if this era keeps underperforming.

Warner didn't cut her budget since she is still their biggest female artist.

Instead she fired her competent team behind FN and hired her father to manage her. And she clearly preferred spending more time on the beach than the work she did for FN.

Tbh I had no idea she released an album

Houdini made a little noise but then everything else after that was non existent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.