Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

9 hours ago, bearman said:

Anything For Keeping Ian Kirkpatrick Away From Her should have not made the cut. 

In the end it's not so much about the producers but about picking the best songs

 

Kevin Parker produced Houdini and End of An Era

Jason Evigan produced Who Do You Love and All the Money In the World 

Ian Kirkpatrick produced Falling Forever and Anything for Love

 

:rip: 

Just finished listening to the album.

Cant really pick a favorite because there's no stand outs.

 

I'll give this the second listen tomorrow

@sweet do we know why the focus track went from EOAE to These Walls? 4th single confirmed?

stupid complaint but why are we getting more BTS videos from the album shoot than actual photos? :deadbanana: the booklet is so empty

I don't know, I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
 

Maybe the language of her description/promotional material was a bit deceiving, but after listening I think the title should have been the biggest indicator for the overall direction. This is definitely more even-keeled and optimistic. FN made me pay attention to her because it was the most impactful pop music I had heard in so long. But, as much as I loved the more imaginative writing on FN ("pocket full of honey and I'm ready to go") I think the writing on RO is more solid and cohesive. Illusion really grew on me because of the lyrics. I love the turn of phrase with "Don't you know I could do this dance all night" and "I still like dancing with the lessons I've already learned". 

 

The sound also effectively shows what Dua emphasized about creating "a band" that she worked with on the whole album. It's still pop, but supported by more natural instrumentation and a few (very tame impala-style) synths. The drums on French Exit and Happy For You are so well done. This will definitely sound fantastic live. I am curious to see the exact credits because it isn't as Kevin Parker heavy as I imagined it would be, unless his production was just subdued for some songs more so than the singles. 

 

Laaaaaast thing I'll say is that for the most part the last two songs on FN are not received well, and I agree. There are no skips on this one. I'll be keeping this on rotation all summer, and probably beyond.  :heart:

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Judging an album based on the first minute and a half... I have no words. :deadbanana4:

After HouLetTheDogsOut and Training Session, one more dud was all I needed to hear to know this isn't for me. Rip FN - the peak of Dua's lips.

The album is not bad per se but it's underwhelming to say the least. The best track is easily Falling Forever, I LOVE what she did in the chorus and the other tracks are enjoyable for the most part but not very memorable.

Edited by UnusualBoy

The guitars on These Walls are such a great addition to an already melancholy track. Very early-00s. :jonny:

I really liked this album :jamming: These Walls, Maria and French Exit were the standouts on first listen. Maria in particular, whew what a SONG :jonny5:

Billboard 200: #9 (NEW) Radical Optimism (33.000, 9k pure sales)

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Billboard 200: #9 (NEW) Radical Optimism (33.000, 9k pure sales)

It sold 25k in pre orders.

Hopefully she performance These Walls on SNL. It could have the same effect that WCBF had on Ariana. The potential is there to really pick up

21 minutes ago, bearman said:

Rolling Stone giving her a 60 while her being on the cover. 

 

Jail. 

OMFG this is shady AF :bibliahh:

On 1/5/2024 at 15:28, Dula Peep said:


 

because these walls are playing Rina latest album:bird:

I'm gonna need some time with one. It's way more chill than I expected. I went in expecting BOPS and that's clearly not what she wanted to give. Houdini & Training Season were giving off something very different than the rest of the album. Everything else is giving off Future Nostalgia 

22 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

What could be the New York surprise?

 

 

 

 

She's performing at Time Square

22 minutes ago, bearman said:

Rolling Stone giving her a 60 while her being on the cover. 

 

Jail. 

I. Fndjdjdn

 

They've been spamming my TL all day with her cover and they gave it a 6? :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

She's performing at Time Square

Is this confirmed? What's the source? 

yeah, I'm disappointed. :( 

 

it just all feels flat af, like idk if it's the production or what...certain tracks like Anything for Love and Falling Forever are good because her voice is so powerful there, and I think that's what the direction of the album should have been. French Exit is right up her alley, idk why she didn't punch more of those out.  Maybe I'm overthinking and expected more, FN was just so ******* cool and unexpected. 

28 minutes ago, on the line said:

Oh wow, this is really BAD. I turned it off halfway through the first track. This isn't it.

So you haven't heard it

 

miley-cyrus.gif

Lowkey hope this smashes so I can see u guys flip like the bottoms u are

 

:suburban:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.