Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

Training Season flopping low key foreshadowed the rest of this entire era. It's not Houdini's fault!

FhnFloS.gif

10 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

But when will the gays stop praising it like it's the left-field indie second coming of Duasus?

 

spacer.png

It is. Houdini IS the left-field indie second coming of Duasus.

 

FhnFloS.gif

Edited by illia

23 minutes ago, Cain said:

Wait her occupying the whole Top 3 on Billboard

  Hide contents

s Hot Dance/Electronic Chart

American queen :jonny:

Truly the Albanian Kylie :jonny2:

Ready for Americans disliking dance pop music waking up and dragging RO while us Euro girls are vibing and imagining a Mediterranean vacanza :smitten: 

This is what happens when you get your media training from a butcher's shop. Psychedelia influences are MINIMAL and it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Massive Attack/Primal Fear/UK rave scene.

 

Either make cookie cutter, radio-ready pop songs or take a risk, go the extra mile and make a body of work that speaks for itself. Even if doesn't smash, you can say you tried something new and take the L. These albums are the ones who usually stood the test of time anyway. This is just mid. No hits, no vision, no risks.

 

Like gurl, i started to do acid because of you. Is this what you serve?

 

spacer.png

I blame this tankery on Flop The Night... Plus her team is D*MB

  • ATRL Moderator

Just finished the album and I absolutely adored it. I think the criticism is a bit too harsh. Some songs are a bit bland, yes (Maria, Whatcha Doing, French Exit), but I feel she did try new sounds for herself on End of an Era, These Walls or Happy For You. 

 

FN > RO > DL x

WaiT you guys were doing a little much on anything for love :jonny4: I'm bopping a bit 

 

spacer.png

I understand why Houdini was the first single is the strongest track 

 

I only like 4/5 songs so like 45% of the album 

 

She needs to take more time to craft her art cause this isn't it compared to FN

3 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

I blame this tankery on Flop The Night... Plus her team is D*MB

"Flop" The Night is bigger than the entie era combined together.

I'm surprised by how basic this is. Not sure if its Dua's or her label's fault because Houdini was great. 

Even if the album is mid to some people, it's crazy how this is still avoids falling to the depths that a lot of artists do. She really doesn't have any horrible songs, especially not on this album. 

 

When I listen to other artist I usually hear a handful of songs where I wonder: "Who approved this?" That's never been the case for Dua. 

16 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Training Season flopping low key foreshadowed the rest of this entire era. It's not Houdini's fault!

FhnFloS.gif

THIS. haha

I love Training Season and every time it comes on, I find myself so intrigued because it's such a WEIRD song with such an interesting production, but it needed to stay an album cut and low-key fan fave.

Is a good album, Dua take "risks" in some tracks (sounds a little bland, but ok). Apart the singles, I liked 3 songs: These Walls, Whatcha Doing and Falling Forever.

This album is not better than Future Nostalgia (for me), but I liked in overall.

Every song on this is good but some of them should've been extended. it doesn't quite reach the highs of FN but doesn't have the lows either so it's a win. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this in the sun though.

 

These Walls is the one on first listen! And Houdini is still the best single 

Edited by DancingShoes

 

Cant believe this is what we got after Slaydini, Slaylusion and Eating season. 
What an underwhelming album.
All the songs just mediocre fillers without any hits 
 

 

33 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

at least we can all agree it's whoudini's fault

 

FhnFloS.gif

This. Her worst single ever and one of her worst songs. Should've been scrapped & Happy For You or Illusion should've been the lead :michael:

The problem is that FN was absolutely stellar , the videos were fire , the visuals , everything was giving STAR.

It also doesn't help that we've heard countless FN outtakes that sounded superb despite being scrapped unfinished demos.

We thought that magic was gonna be brought back on the next era and this hasn't been the case. I don't know if the issue comes with "the band" , lack of pushing herself/them , not willing to reach out to other producers (why not work again with Tove , the struts, Stuart price , SG Lewis , Watt? )

Edited by MaxMartin

2 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

The problem is that FN was absolutely stellar , the videos were fire , the visuals , everything was giving STAR.

It also doesn't help that we've heard countless FN outtakes that sounded superb despite being scrapped unfinished demos.

We thought that magic was gonna be brought back on the next era and this hasn't been the case. I don't know if the issue comes with "the band" , lack of pushing herself/them , not willing to reach out to other producers (why not work again with Tove , the struts, Stuart price , SG Lewis , Watt? )

The problem is just US AMERICANS LACK taste and are usually the loudest when it comes to voicing their opinion

I'm quite surprised by the reaction on here tbh. I really enjoyed the album on first listen! :gaycatina1:

 

Can't wait for my orders to arrive.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.