Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is one of those eras where I would love to know what's going on behind the scenes. I never expected her to top FN in anything except quality, but this is catastrophic in all metrics. Is there a reason why critics are being so harsh? 

It's not a groundbreaking album, but to give it such low scores is kind of insane. It's like giving sabotage but I highly doubt Dua did anything to make that happen :deadbanana4:

Let's not forget Dua's views on Palestine. She's very clearly stayed quiet on the subject lately, but because of her very outspokenness in 2021, she's seen as a poster child for a celebrity who is pro-Palestine.

Edited by _Fey

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is one of those eras where I would love to know what's going on behind the scenes. I never expected her to top FN in anything except quality, but this is catastrophic in all metrics. Is there a reason why critics are being so harsh? 

It's not a groundbreaking album, but to give it such low scores is kind of insane. It's like giving sabotage but I highly doubt Dua did anything to make that happen :deadbanana4:

U are surprised that US American publications drag her the moment they see an opening? The same ones that invented new ways of coming up with Billboard numbers to deny her the #1 Spot on their respective chart in favor of Bruno?

:suburban:

Dua is outspoken pro-Palastine, they hate her for that

• Thumbs Down 1

Spotify • partial day streams
End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Anything for Love - 48,790
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Even as a fan this is... Not a strong album tbqh. Yes we enjoy it for what it is but coming from an era like FN where she had hit after hit after hit this was not the album to release. She should've either gone full experimental and stuck with it because even if it didn't do good commercially she could've excused it for its quality or kept crafting commercial pop hits to solidify her status, the in between that is RO is understandably doing her no favor (especially considering how it was marketed).

Disagree, the album is GREAT! If u take it for what it is with no anticipation or so, its a very VERY solid album with great pop records that are unique

10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Her Bionic :jonny5:

Posted (edited)

I would really like if she release 30 minutes "making the album" documentary, it seemed they made lot of footage of recording process and photo shoots as well

Edited by mike_int

4 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

Yikes. Make These Walls a single immediately 

6 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

Help :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

Hide behind me Dua :jonny:

Jones aside she deserves it for the inspirations and description she gave and then delivering a very bland and mid project 

8 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

How many hours was the album available for this? 

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

She's performing at Time Square

I hope this is true!!! 

The Shakira show in Times Square looked amazing :duca: 

I've been streaming and only listening to this, but my good sis needs to head back and start DL4 quick!! :jonnycat:

Just now, Ivan_brit said:

I hope this is true!!! 

The Shakira show in Times Square looked amazing :duca: 

I have been saying that before so lets hope, it would be so cool and would make sense since shes there

What time did Shakira perform?

↓↓↓

On 4/26/2024 at 10:06 PM, mike_int said:

She will be busy, maybe a surprise performance on Times Square or something ?

May 3rd - Album release

May 4th - SNL

May 5th - ?

May 6th - MET Gala

On 4/27/2024 at 6:30 PM, mike_int said:

Im sure it will be some little surprise performance, maybe on Times Square or something, like Shakira did month ago

Love it, These Walls is a strong favourite.

Question for my vinyl girlies, I bought the curacao version and the sound quality is… not great. Even after a good clean sounds stuttered and a few of the songs skipped out of the packaging. What's the T are these poorly pressed or is it better to just avoid these style of vinyls? All of my black vinyls run amazingly on my turntable but I've noted this blue clear one and also my clear red Eternal Sunshine record play crap. :skull: Am I the problem?

Just now, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

How many hours was the album available for this? 

Spotify's tracking day begins at 00:00 UTC. these numbers are only from those countries where it was available before Friday 00:00 UTC.

• Like 1

Nice pop album.It will be the soundtrack of my summer. 

French Exist is the best new track on the album :clap3: :heart:

• Like 1

suggesting Dua's stance on Palestine is why this mid album is getting mid reviews is so :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

She's performing in Time Square on Sunday i think idk what time 

14 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

That's kind of exactly the same as FN, just without the hit singles 

18 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

End of an Era - 88,326
These Walls - 98,604
Whatcha Doing - 66,930
French Exit - 58,435
Falling Forever - 61,039
Maria - 50,383
Happy for You - 46,444

Bebe is this you

• Confused 1

It's cohesive as a body of work. "End of an Era" and "Whatcha Doing" were highlights on the first listen.

I don't hear any massive US hits though. Which, in the name of art, is whatever, but she is Warner's biggest artist so I imagine they really want a big US hit. I would not be surprised if they re-release the album with another single sometime in the summer, kind of like what happened with Shakira's Oral Fixation Vol. 2 when they added "Hips Don't Lie" a few months after it came out.

• Like 1

These Walls is incredible, going through the exact same scenario rn :cries: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MatiRod said:

It's cohesive as a body of work. "End of an Era" and "Whatcha Doing" were highlights on the first listen.

I don't hear any massive US hits though. Which, in the name of art, is whatever, but she is Warner's biggest artist so I imagine they really want a big US hit. I would not be surprised if they re-release the album with another single sometime in the summer, kind of like what happened with Shakira's Oral Fixation Vol. 2 when they added "Hips Don't Lie" a few months after it came out.

These Walls is the only song that could do anything in the US, agreed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.