Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, STARFUCKER said:

The replies here are giving the reaction of Dedicated after Emotion

 

 

It will be a slow warmer rather than an instant smash on my last fm charts 

this means we'll have to wait for another era for her to have her "loveliest time" redemption  :dancehall3:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 838.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

6 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

The psychedelic vision left the room  . . . . . 

 

 

Average album 

Some cute songs , not even 1 highlight 

 

Personally i enjoyed a bit 2-3 songs the rest are fillers 

FN had also a few fillers but all the singles were GOLD ( plus 2-3 more album tracks ) 

 

This is mediocre unfortunately and it will be forgotten in 2 weeks time 

100 

 

if didn't know that Kevin and Danny were involved I would've been shocked to find out. 
I expected a bigger evolution sound wise considering who she was working with…

 

I expected the singles to be the most straight up pop songs and the rest being psychedelic pop excellence

 

 

But I love TS at least we got that. 

the problem with this album is that It only has 1 spectacular song (Houdini) and FN had like 5

though it is  a consistent album , not 1 song is bad but it desperately lacks some standouts

Edited by MaxMartin

Good album not great 

 

Will casually listen to it from time to

time but not obsessed with it as I was with FN.

1 minute ago, paddii_ said:

 

I expected the singles to be the most straight up pop songs and the rest being psychedelic pop excellence

THIS 

 

Who could have thought that the only psychedelic part of the album would have been Houdini's last 20 seconds 🤣🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, WitnessOblivia said:

I love how polarising this album is :dies:

 

It's a good album to me. A little underwhelming? Definitely. 

The singles are definitely among the strongest songs on the album. Watcha Doing, Falling Forever, and Maria are probably my fave album tracks.

Did I write this?

 

Cause I agree like 98%

 

My disagreement is that it's a lot underwhelming. 

 

 

It's a bit underwhelming. I was so intrigued because Houdini and Training Season are some of her best songs in my opinion, but then the album is not much of those two.

 

I need to keep listening I guess (even though my mind says stop) but I think the only one that stood out for me is Whatcha Doing, but I also kinda got lost halfway of the song.

A 7/10 album, but I personally liked it more than FN, FN's highs were very good but lows were skip after skip, this album I didn't really want to skip any one of them.

 

That 3/10 review, please just report it as a hate crime.

10 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

this means we'll have to wait for another era for her to have her "loveliest time" redemption  :dancehall3:

Roll on 2030!

I liked the singles a lot, particularly Houdini, so I am bit underwhelmed with the album. There are good tracks, but I wished a bit more? From all the marketing of psychedelic, influenced by this and that, it feels like none of that. I do get she clarified she wanted to be more experimental, and the album does sound different than Future Nostalgia in terms of production and all, but I feel like it's not exactly experimental. I don't know how to explain, I can't put my finger on it, but something just didn't reach the high bar I had for it (which might be more of an issue for me personally but not in general).

 

That being said, I do prefer this to something that just sounds flat. Not a bad album, just expected more.

Im loving the discussion in here. Lots of strong views and diverging opinions.

I've given my two cents and good luck to dua. I wish her the best cuz again I adore her. Im going back to electricity, cold heart and dont start now. Thank god for the leaks we got during dua and Fn era. Im going to play pretend with those songs. Happy release day and have nice weeknd guys :coffee:

I just realised that Kevin didn't touch only 4 songs on this album and 3 of them are my TOP 3 :dies:

The final of End of an era somehow feels conected to maria start lol

@kayliah sis calm down with those thumbs down :toofunny3:

 

 

OT: End Of An Era is such a good opening track :jonny5: really ties Future Nostalgia

Just finished my first listen and this is already a 9.5 imo. The only uninteresting track for me was Anything For Love but the rest was bop after bop after bop AFTER BOP. Gorgeous melody. Meaningful but easy to digest lyrics. Dance-y expensive production. A great pop record. I love the message of this album so much since I can relate to it well. Like Dua I am moving on and wishing the people in my past a beautiful and happy life and I don't feel bitter to them despite the hurt they caused to me as I'm happy and satisfied with my current life as well! Thank you Dua for gifting us this amazing feast of pop splendor!

 

PS. it's not a broken heart if I don't break it is one of the most inspirational lyrics of the year

 

PPS. F*** THEM CRITICS!

Edited by Jude

nothing outside the singles popped off for me. she's a step backwards from FN

OKAY DIVING IN 

 

what are yall's consensus on album tracks vs. singles bc i am seeing so many opinions

End of an Era 7/10 good intro song

These Walls 5/10 not single worthy imo

Watcha Doing 6/10

French Exit 2/10

Falling Forever 8/10 its different from what she has released before, should've been the lead with a big video

Anything for Love 6/10

Maria 3/10 

Happy for You 3/10

 

Illusion 4/10

Training Season 6/10

Houdini 7/10

 

No outstanding songs compared to her previous releases, feels like the concept she promised is not there, welp good luck tho, maybe she's hiding the gems for the deluxe/complete edition

On 4/26/2024 at 12:45 PM, NostalgiawithDua said:

Girl ikyfl, gtfo…:ahh:

wheres my clown emoji chile

just had a fun hookup and now i'm biking home and giving this a first listen cause the night is beautiful and peaceful so f*ck it this is as good a time as any!

French Exit is definitely the best track for me, then again it could be so so much better if it had that final oomph, some more adlibs and a bit better lyricism

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.