Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Just now, mike_int said:

Well, what do you expect from a brainwash swiftie with victim syndrome team america vomit GIF

If you think there is a swiftie on the pitchfork staff I have an ocean to sell you in Egypt.

|~~~

My friend says the album's closing track is a career highlight, I'm excited to get there. I'm about halfway through the album 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

If you told me during the FN era that her next album would be described as 'Eurovision schlager' in reviews :gaycat6:

We've hit rock bottom

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

If you think there is a swiftie on the pitchfork staff I have an ocean to sell you in Egypt.

|~~~

My friend says the album's closing track is a career highlight, I'm excited to get there. I'm about halfway through the album 

Your profile pics says it all Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, Cain said:

If you told me during the FN era that her next album would be described as 'Eurovision schlager' in reviews :gaycat6:

We've hit rock bottom

Important is, do you agree with the review or not? Do you let reviews and opinions other to shape your own opinion? Cause Im personally not exceptionally happy with the album but I couldn't care less what someone with subjective opinion has to say about it, especially those "so called" journalist who clearly dont know much about music and just throwing words there so they get paid more cents for their article.

• Thanks 1

Okay, but Falling Forever.

The beginning I've convinced myself she says "Are you Gouda" 👀

It's what I hear.

• Haha 1

Maria might take the crown from Love Again as my favorite song ever lol

2 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Important is, do you agree with the review or not? Do you let reviews and opinions other to shape your own opinion? Cause Im personally not exceptionally happy with the album but I couldn't care less what someone with subjective opinion has to say about it, especially those "so called" journalist who clearly dont know much about music and just throwing words there so they get paid more cents for their article.

You don't need to 'but what do YOU think about the music??' every post that talks about reviews 

I've already made up my mind about the album yesterday. Now I'm simply talking about the situation we're in regarding critic reviews, which does affect the era, and (brace yourself) tomorrow I will also be talking about the album's streams when they come out 

It's just interesting to think about what led to all of this

I went to an album release party they had for Radical Optimism in my city today and scored some free merch :jonny: a cool looking t-shirt, some posers and some badges

Was late so I missed the first half of the album but managed to hear everything after Houdini, the song right after Houdini in particular stood out and what I did hear sounded really promising, can't wait to listen to the whole thing while I'm making tea tonight :jonny5:

IMG-0744.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So after a few listens, I think it's a good album. No real skips or songs that I don't like.

1. End of an era: 6/10

It's my least favorite song, but still not bad. But I am not really feeling the song.

2. Houdini: 10/10

I just love this song 😎

3. Training Season: 8.5/10

This song has really grown on me.

4. These Walls: 9.5/10

I really love the chorus. For me it's a very emotional song. One of my favorites.

5. Whatcha Doing: 9/10

A really catchy song. One of the best from the album.

6. French exit: 6.5/10

I am not feeling this song. It's not bad, but definitely not one of my favorites.

7. Illusion: 8.5/10

Catchy third single. 

8. Falling Forever: 9/10

One of my favorites. The chorus reminds me of Eurovision Song Contest, but I still love this uptempo song.

9. Anything for love: 6.5/10

This song is quite short, it feels like there is something missing. But it's still an average song. 

10. Maria: 9/10

The production is very good. I like the way she sings ‚Maria' 😎

11. Happy for you: 8.5/10

Sad and emotional lyrics. A song she's never done before. The production is really good. Great ending of the album.

Overall: 8.3/10

Edited by black12345
  • Like 1

Quite a disappointing effort.

1 minute ago, Cain said:

You don't need to 'but what do YOU think about the music??' every post that talks about reviews 

I've already made up my mind about the album yesterday. Now I'm simply talking about the situation we're in regarding critic reviews, which does affect the era, and (brace yourself) tomorrow I will also be talking about the album's streams when they come out 

I understand your take on this, and I didnt say you shouldnt care about it, if that is something that interest you.

I personally never cared about reviews not streaming and it doesnt affect my view album or anything else.

Many albums which has been commercially not-successful turn out to be my favorites and vise versa and also everybody has their own subjective opinion and sometimes people who review albums has no idea what they are talking about and it is pretty clear many times.

In any case, happy Radical Optimism release weekend, its also my Bday weekend so until Im mentally and physically in this galaxy I will give it few more spins LOL

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well,,,

dua talking nonsense about the album theme

barbie's song using every promo spot and overexposing her with the 80's sound after FN

People being tasteless and dopamine addicts (fast tiktok songs)

and also feels like some fandoms likes to hate on dua just bc is cool now lol

anyways for me 

a fan that has been waiting 4 years lol i love it and it will be my most played album for sure :bird:

Edited by Naikuun
  • Like 1

I'm really digging this album since first listen but it still needs some more time to grow on me I fear. There is only 1 track I don't really vibe with (it's maria) but the rest bops! Anything for Love is wayyy too short tho

Perched for the Fantano lashings :jonny4:

These Walls is stuck in my head. Its the only one where the chorus stuck after first listen :jonny6:

• Like 1

Nobody praised End of an Era enough, like that's music for classy people like me

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Well, what do you expect from a brainwash swiftie with victim syndrome team america vomit GIF

better than braindead 200.gif?cid=a595bef3b76yvn61kkyq0hy4kgtb

OT: the pop girls are not doing well this year, they need to switch it up

Best songs

1. These walls

2. Forever Falling

3. Maria

4. Happy for you 

:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

better than braindead 200.gif?cid=a595bef3b76yvn61kkyq0hy4kgtb

OT: the pop girls are not doing well this year, they need to switch it up

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

End of An Era bridge is her best after Houdini's lol

Ranking off of first listen:

1.) Houdini - top 5 of her discography, this is the lead single for a completely different album tho

2.) These Walls

3.) Happy For You

4.) Falling Forever

5.) End of an Era

6.) Training Season

7.) Illusion

8.) Maria

9.) French Exit

10.) Watchu Doing

11.) Anything For Love

• Like 1

This is her best album it's honestly Confessions on a dance floor level of quality 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

They needed to put out These Walls as promo single before the album came out :jonny2: it's so pretty and chill and a way better representation of the album

well....that was underwhelming. but it's still somewhat cute

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HardBambi said:

This is her best album it's honestly Confessions on a dance floor level of quality 

YOU SPEAK YOUR TRUTH :katie2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.