Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Falling Forever is the Physical of this era :jonny5:

It made me cry, it's so perfect, the vocals, the beat :flame:

 

I loved the album on first listen, it's maybe less commercial than FN and will sold less but will cement her as an MPG.

Can't wait to hear some tracks live!

 

My least favorite is Happy For You, but it's still cute. The rest are from really good to flawless.

French Exit and Maria are really cool, Watcha Doing and These Walls are bops, Anything for Love is so cute and real!

 

Dua did it again!

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

7 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

This is her best album it's honestly Confessions on a dance floor level of quality 

ina-garten.gif

i really don't like how anything for love is so short + has all the talking before and after the song :deadbanana2: besides that, this album is sooooooooo good, damn. i have a new favorite song after each listen.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:26 PM, concubine said:

Can we please just get this era over with and kickstart the next one quickly? She's now in the position to make a huge comeback.

 

I'm going to give the album a 4/10, yeah it's a chop for me

 

On 4/26/2024 at 12:39 PM, concubine said:

I'm rating the full album based on everything we have witnessed so far, I haven't fully heard it besides the singles, and I will not be changing my score or listening to the album when it comes out.

EVf105iWAAMeiQQ.jpg

 

The way I was crucified at first but was right all along that this album is a horrible mess and shouldve been scrapped chi-

I can understand why some people are dissappointed but I love this album, it's nothing like she described but that would be the only 'bad' thing about it.

First listen and the album sort of became background noise, nothing really stood out and it all sounded a bit flat? Like songs could've used more oomph! 
 

I will give it repeat listens before I make a final judgement though. 

See told ya. All the people who downvoted me abd accused me of trolling when im a fan of dua look how bad the reviews are. For once i agree with the critics. Respectfully this album is just not it. I dont know what you are hearing cuz there are no physical and dont start nows on this record. I mean warner should have done something to course correct after houdini like what happened with Focus by Ari. 

23 minutes ago, concubine said:

 

EVf105iWAAMeiQQ.jpg

 

The way I was crucified at first but was right all along that this album is a horrible mess and shouldve been scrapped chi-

You were not the only one i was crucified,accused of trolling and got a warning for daring to speak my truth.

It's definitely a step-down from FN. There are no bad songs on it but also no clear highlights. Even Houdini had to grow. And the whole thing feels watered down compared to what it could have been. There are sparks and flashes here and there but they don't fully come to life. It's like every time they were about to do something interesting, they thought "but can this work in a Barcelona H&M fitting room?" and deleted the draft. And the melodies just ain't really there this time around.

 

Falling Forever is my least favorite but I also hear it as the only real single contender left on the album. Illusion was a bad choice btw. It sounds dated. 

 

Out of the new tracks, the ones that made the bigger impression were Maria, These Walls (very sweet sounding), Whatcha Doing and Anything For Love. She lowkey deserves electric chair for cutting that short. The production kicking in halfway is killer and somehow more quirky and #psychedelique than anything Kevin & Danny did, oop. But yeah, those 4 along with Houdini are basically the core of the album for me. 

 

Overall, I hear a bomb, without the underlying quality that would make the career slump worth it. Most of the other girls flopped with their best or at least more camp material. This is rather uninteresting, but it is solid and she's too cool not to instantly recover 

I love how polarising this album is :dies:

 

It's a good album to me. A little underwhelming? Definitely. 

The singles are definitely among the strongest songs on the album. Watcha Doing, Falling Forever, and Maria are probably my fave album tracks.

After my first listen, here is my top 5:

Illusion
Houdini
Falling Forever
Whatcha Doing
Anything for Love

 

The first two hold up just as well as the first listen for me.

 

Also very much into these tracks:

End of An Era
Happy For You
Maria

 

Average: These Walls

 

Probably will not catch me hearing these again:

Training Season - the buildup leading into the chorus is nice, but then the ***** falls flat. Lyrics > instrumental
French Exit - I already forgot what this sounded like

 

I'll definitely say the album lives up to its title and the aesthetic.

21 minutes ago, kayliah said:

See told ya. All the people who downvoted me abd accused me of trolling when im a fan of dua look how bad the reviews are. For once i agree with the critics. Respectfully this album is just not it. I dont know what you are hearing cuz there are no physical and dont start nows on this record. I mean warner should have done something to course correct after houdini like what happened with Focus by Ari. 

I'm also a fan. I really do like Dua and probably like many others, I loved Future Nostalgia. I wasn't expecting a rehash of it in any way but I think the spark that album has just isn't there with this one. 

Omg what an album! I always knew Dua is THE popstar of her generation.

 

(Anybody knows if/how I can buy just one vinyl with a signed card from her store or from somewhere else? My location is EU)

The psychedelic vision left the room  . . . . . 

 

 

Average album 

Some cute songs , not even 1 highlight 

 

Personally i enjoyed a bit 2-3 songs the rest are fillers 

FN had also a few fillers but all the singles were GOLD ( plus 2-3 more album tracks ) 

 

This is mediocre unfortunately and it will be forgotten in 2 weeks time 

Yes girl, we understand the first 20 posts... :duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck:

Anyways, Falling Forever, These Walls and Happy For You are 10/10. Hope all of them became singles in the future :clap3:

3 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

The psychedelic vision left the room  . . . . . 

 

 

Average album 

Some cute songs , not even 1 highlight 

 

Personally i enjoyed a bit 2-3 songs the rest are fillers 

FN had also a few fillers but all the singles were GOLD ( plus 2-3 more album tracks ) 

 

This is mediocre unfortunately and it will be forgotten in 2 weeks time 

Yeah thank you. Couldnt have said it better :coffee2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.