Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Just now, The Man Who said:

Are you being paid to post in this thread or something? Why are you lingering around just to be negative? :biblio:

We get it, you didn't like the album. 

I also posted many positive things? If you cant deal with it then block me or cry to a mod on a DM. Otherwise I will post my thoughts and you will stay mad. :giraffe:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CovalentBondage said:

This album needed its own Hallucinate but overall its solid 8/10

The mid dance song of the album is right there at #7

FhnFloS.gif

• Haha 1

French exit

filer à l'anglaise
French exit

God I'm so ready for my days in Cote D'Azur this summer 

FhnFloS.gif

End Of An Era > Houdini > Training Season > These Walls > Watcha Doing > French Exit is kind of a RUN

FhnFloS.gif

40 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

I'm a satisfied customer and will keep streaming this masterpiece until GODbel releases in the fall

:clack:

actually I will keep a spot for Bullie too

:clack:

Probably the top 3 of mid for me :suburban:

The Man Who
1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

I also posted many positive things? If you cant deal with it then block me or cry to a mod on a DM. Otherwise I will post my thoughts and you will stay mad. :giraffe:

As if I'd 'cry' to a moderator about it. I'm not twelve. :rip:

I've just noticed a lot of people keep posting the same negative things over and over again. It's okay to not enjoy something, but I don't understand the concept of going out of your way to let people know how much you don't like something. It's almost as if they're annoyed by somebody else's joy. It's weird as ****. 

• Like 1

Falling Forever and Maria are the only ones that hooked me the first listen. Houdini and TS are completely different from the rest of the album, there were definitely last minute changes.

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

The mid dance song of the album is right there at #7

FhnFloS.gif

Illusion is mid, hallucinate is *****. 

The way the tour is gonna open with TS and close with Houdini, oh Duallah

FhnFloS.gif

4 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

So are you unstanning and coming back to Camila bestie

FhnFloS.gif

• Haha 1

End of an Era is Dua at her best and you can't convince me otherwise

FhnFloS.gif

I've been listening since I woke up this morning. It's fun but definitely not the back to back HITS that I would think she'd have on an album after her breakthrough. A few misses. 

I consider her the new Rihanna. I considered FN her GGGB and was expecting this to be her LOUD but it's really the equivalent of Rated R. Solid album but not a lot of commercial tracks. 

Falling Forever and Maria are bops. Maria is the "desnudate" of this album. I also like French Exit. 

Still, i am disappointed with the album but maybe it'll pass once it grows on me.

Just now, The Man Who said:

As if I'd 'cry' to a moderator about it. I'm not twelve. :rip:

I've just noticed a lot of people keep posting the same negative things over and over again. It's okay to not enjoy something, but I don't understand the concept of going out of your way to let people know how much you don't like something. It's almost as if they're annoyed by somebody else's joy. It's weird as ****. 

I streamed Future Nostalgia more than 6,000 times so I will write my thoughts in the topic for the album. You can just visit the fanbase thread if you want to circlejerk with die hard Dua stans that will eat up everything :rip: it's a decent album but I waited 4 years for it and i'm disappointed? 

• Like 2

This album is only for the girlies who can afford five vacanzas a year

Broke ******* stay OUT of Dula's business

FhnFloS.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Also my thing @ these Kevin Parker productions is that everything sounds so muffled? Like where's the high frequencies? Or like juicy reverb effects? This is POP music we want glittery synth sounds and some emphasized reverb moments :clack: these muffled guitar and kick blends and super melodyned dry vocals over and over give me a headache

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

French exit

filer à l'anglaise
French exit

God I'm so ready for my days in Cote D'Azur this summer 

FhnFloS.gif

omg same, one of the most gorgeous place on Earth :WAP:

Cute album, but Future Nostalgia remains ubothered imo. 

Don't get the obsession over EOAE? I hope it'll grow on me?

• Thanks 1

I've been shading overhyped Watcha Doing quite a bit but my summervacanza in Greece is gonna sound so good with this blasting while I'm taking a swim

FhnFloS.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I gave it my first listen the minute it came out last night and have had it on repeat for the whole day today. It is by no means the pop perfection that Future Nostalgia was but it is decent. It's been said a thousand times here already but the highs are not as high as FN and the lows are not as low as "Good in bed" or "Boys will be boys". All in all a solid album that I'm gonna jam to in the summer. I only wish there was more tracks like "Illusion" which is the sound that I hoped she would go for. The ones that stand out for me are "End of an era", "These walls", "Maria" and "Happy for you".

Edited by gopobo

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

I streamed Future Nostalgia more than 6,000 times so I will write my thoughts in the topic for the album. You can just visit the fanbase thread if you want to circlejerk with die hard Dua stans that will eat up everything :rip: it's a decent album but I waited 4 years for it and i'm disappointed? 

When have you ever seen me 'circlejerk' on here? 

:ryan3:

You have every right to be disappointed, but I've noticed the same users posting negative comments over and over and staying glued to this thread just to downvote people saying anything positive, which like I said, is ******* weird. If you're not one of those users, then I apologise but I've seen you pop up a few times now and it seemed like you were just repeating the same things. 

The world would be boring if we all liked the same thing. There's a lot of albums on this site that I can't stand and do you know what I do? I stay out of those threads, because what do I gain from going in just to downvote every positive post or try to bring other peoples moods down by being a constant debbie downer? 

Anyway, I'm signing out of ATRL for a while so I can enjoy this album in peace. I was using ATRL as a form of escapism but some of you are so inherently miserable and I don't need that energy in my life right now. :heart:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Cain said:

I've been shading overhyped Watcha Doing quite a bit but my summervacanza in Greece is gonna sound so good with this blasting while I'm taking a swim

FhnFloS.gif

She literally made this album for our eurovacanzas.. time to stop being ungrateful 

FhnFloS.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Imagine if this album with these songs was titled Chaos Theory or Vertigo.......

spacer.png

We were so off! :ahh:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.