Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

Baby Ailee and Sunye made questionable choices in their career while both Suzy and YoonA biggest claims to fame are because of their acting not singing.

YoonA is more known for the music she was a part of than her acting, sis. Of course her role was as a visual, but she would not have a fraction of the success and reverence she does now without SNSD.

2 hours ago, PowerGarlic said:

WONyoung vocal is flavorful like she adds the flavor to IVE songs :penguin: 

The girls don’t understand that studio vocals are important, too. Wonyoung adds flavor to a chorus (see: Love Dive). It’s like how Sana and Nayeon eat the first chorus of Feel Special whereas Jihyo and Chaeyeon fall super flat.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Quote

On January 7, Oricon officially announced that NewJeans’ new single album “OMG” had entered its daily singles chart at No. 1, marking the rookie girl group’s first time topping the chart.

According to Oricon, “OMG” sold 20,638 copies on the first day of its release in Japan alone.

NewJeans-Oricon-Daily-Singles-Chart.jpgMeanwhile, NewJeans’ pre-release track “Ditto” previously debuted at No. 6 on Oricon’s weekly streaming chart.

Wonyoung has a nice tone but saying she adds flavor when both Leeseo and her sound the same.  Bfr. It’s all about popularity and which member fits the most the concept. Nayeon gets the most lines despite being the lead vocal because she’s the embodiment of twice, pop could’ve went to twice. IVE’s concept was created so WY could shine but you dislike Nayeon singing or not she can hold a note WY sings fine in the studio but live? She dodges all the notes once it gets a little bit more higher. 

SS wants to push WY as much as possible, also wants Leeseo to become WY’s successor and Liz is payed dust because she gained some weights. 
 

no one cares about vocals even the ones who pretend they prefer singing over dancing and music tbh but when IVE has been accused of being WY and friends since eleven, you need to prevent from being dragged a year later for the same reason. The scandal amplified more because of WY. 

1 hour ago, Hay Amores said:

When I wanted to play Nayeon - Pop, the Baby Monster video popped up. :deadbanana:

 

YG treats this like an actual MV. Even actual MV usually only be promoted as ad for the first week. They truly don't play, huh. 

I think I started getting the ads on it's 3rd/4th day and I believe the ads running on specific regions specifically US, Korea and Japan because that's when I get multiple ads (Idk about Eu countries tho) but I didn't get the ad when I switched to bangkok, jakarta, sydney but I think I got it one time with MNL. In case you wonder what's up with this, well, it's part of my job in marketing. I play all kinds of videos on yt, switch to different timezones and make a short report each day about yt ads and others :monkey:

 

Anyway YG next movement is not moving at all. I fear Baby Monster is already on hiatus even before debut :deadbanana4: they gonna be nmixx with this long ass period of introduction :deadbanana2: are they not doing research or smthn :rip: it seems like hybe the only smart one among big 4, no wonder they are thriving!!

11 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

They could’ve easily given the “a perfect sacrifice” part to Liz in Love Dive let’s be real, which is probably the only challenging part of the song :snowman:


Btw, it was Jeongyeon singing the chorus with Jihyo in “Feel Special” and not Chaeyoung :skull: 

Chaeyoung literally only sang the intro and dipped right after from the song entirely  :skull:

 

I agree with that! The part I thought Wonyoung elevated was the beginning of the chorus. She did great there and it was a good idea to give her the lead for a sing-talk chorus. Now when they come out with a sang chorus, she needs to do the hook and some of a verse.

 

And I totally meant Jeongyeon. :skull: She just doesn’t leave much of an impression. I know everyone says she’s the most technically gifted vocalist in TWICE, but I would never want to hear her on a pop track over girls like Nayeon and Sana.

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

Edited by newaespa

7 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZN is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

welcome to the forum gorg, u stan the best two 4th gen groups :heart:  

 

@MonsterNavy's eternal Red Velvet hatred is iconic, much like Zack's hatred for Taeyeon the thread wouldn't be the same without it :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, Harrier said:

welcome to the forum gorg, u stan the best two 4th gen groups :heart:  

 

@MonsterNavy's eternal Red Velvet hatred is iconic, much like Zack's hatred for Taeyeon the thread wouldn't be the same without it :celestial5:

Thank you :heart2:

 

I am only giving Zack a pass because he is the only remaining Jessica's stan in the entire universe :bird:

5 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZN is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

Twice have 3 members (Mina, Sana and Tzuyu) which among the most beautiful faces of kpop like the only group with more members in that list imo was izone. They also have good discography overall but they just don't have the singing talent, only 1 out of 9 has listenable tone.

 

Anyway welcome! After awhile, you will learn to disregard some users infuriating opinions

38 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

The random shade :ahh: (I agree tho)

16 minutes ago, GucciBang said:

Twice have 3 members (Mina, Sana and Tzuyu) which among the most beautiful faces of kpop like the only group with more members in that list imo was izone. They also have good discography overall but they just don't have the singing talent, only 1 out of 9 has listenable tone.

 

Anyway welcome! After awhile, you will learn to disregard some users infuriating opinions

oooh i LOVE Sana, and used to love MOMO too but i have to unstan her after that encore incident which caused me to go to the hospital :bird:

Sana deserved a SOLO and not jus a subunit :coffee2:

 

& Thank you :heart2:

 

9 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

You came in swinging I see, but welcome to this thread :clap3: I like the fact that you already know of some of the members in this thread :dies: I always wondered how many guests/non ATRL’ers were viewing this iconic thread :celestial5:

Thank you :heart2:

ATRL finally opened the registration so old lurkers can finally unite :bird:

12 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Preach, let the new generation of KTRL take over :clap3: We still have old hags in here claiming that SNSD are still the biggest gg ever as if 3rd gen didn’t happen :mandown:

The gates of KTRL have finally opened for all us rookies :heart: hello

 

sidenote, whoever at JYP styled Lee Know in this zipper top last night needs a raise ASAP

 

 

 

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

Omg not the children showing disrespect to their elders on day one

 

 anyway welcome <3

new jennies stanning old jennies

I need an interaction :jonnycat:

 

 

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

perfect stan list almost the same as mine but you failed miserably with the last one you mentioned

 

jk welckme sis :hug: you tried it with the shade but I think we'll get along well :foxaylove2:

 

10 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

First the blue hair and now the XG girlies are in their Y2K bag as well, this comeback is truly going to be an event :loki:

 

I love the whole website and order online concept they have going on

 

Fl2eLUhaMAAdbPN?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fl2hZfIaUAEl-4s?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fl2emppaYAEALKV?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fl2fyguaUAATnab?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fl2gQfOaEAAyIXL?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fl2geS2agAAu9jG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fl2gw1taUAEC5GI?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fl2g5jnaYAMmKV8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fl2hKvaaEAEnKtB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

UniqloJeans is coming!!! :jonny5:

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

Baby, Koreans and I-fans don’t care about vocals that much. Sunye and Ailee are nowhere to be found but Suzy and YoonA are still global stars. 
 

Just serve a good comeback, pre-record some good live vocals and don’t do lip syncs when the artists are sitting. 

I wish I liked music from the boy groups because some of them can serve visuals :jonny5: 

And I never said Koreans care about vocals though? But that’s one of the factors for the criticism if they make the two weakest singers in a group lipsync to an IU song while sitting down. And that can be a detriment to a rookie group that’s trying to rise up the ranks and cement as a top gg. Plus, times are changing. 

6 hours ago, karlo_98 said:

Wonyoung still talking to her IZ*ONE members? :giraffe: What a surprise!

 

She also talked to Sakura in Gayo but somehow only that awkward interaction went viral.

5 hours ago, PowerGarlic said:

WONyoung vocal is flavorful like she adds the flavor to IVE songs :penguin: 

She has that bubbly yet expensive teen rich girl voice that’s unique to her imo. In fact every girl adds flavor to IVE songs. They’re almost like G-idle in terms of vocal tone, but not completely. 

6 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Hey and welcome! :heart: What is your stan list? 

The way you spilled :clap3:
The way Lee Knowles went viral and was trending just because of a zipper, ugh his power I fear :clap3: Once he starts to show more skin, then it’s gonna be over for the others I fear, cause he already has the h*e in him, which can be seen in his sl*tty moves :gaycat7:

Ugh he’s such a h*e :WAP:

 

I probably identify most as a Hybeast/HYBE hyena etc. I’m a cliche “got into KPOP cause of BTS (and Blackpink) back in 2017” but escaped the trenches of the ARMY in 2021 when things got insanely toxic with how big BTS became - which landed me to stanning Seventeen since. But I’m a fan of everything KPOP, and have learnt a lot about the history from this thread, and am loving the current “new golden age of girl groups” that’s happening. 

 

I’m a big fan of Stray Kids and genuinely think they have the MOST to gain with BTS finally being off the board this year. Even though ggs are ruling, I feel like them, SVT and NCT have so much to gain this year (and MAYBE TXT, Enhypen, ATEEZ and Treasure) if they play their cards right.

 

I think Lee Know is great, and has all the makings to be the 4th Gen It Boy, but the endless Hynjin payola prevents that from happening! More Lee Know in 2023 JYP!

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

I always preferred Jeongyeon’s vocal tone over Jihyo and Nayeon’s. Like her parts always sound so powerful  :jonny4:

Whenever all 3 of them get a chorus in the same song and comparing their voices, you can easily hear Jeongyeon’s voice having more power and emotion compared to the other 2. Like her chorus in “Cry for Me” and “Queen of Hearts” etc. stomps on Nayeon and Jihyo’s I fear :jonny2:

 

Sis… that user thinks Liz is not a talented vocalist and is nasal :rip: I mean that’s how you know that you shouldn’t take that person’s opinions seriously lol. So his Jeongyeon hatred is not even justified. We all know that she’s the best and most consistent vocalist in Twice. Miss Jihyo might have the higher highs but her grating tone falls flat in front of miss Jeongyeon’s versatile and powerful yet layered voice. Just because JYPig doesn’t give her enough lines doesn’t mean we as Stans can’t see her talent. If she was in SM, her vocal skills would have been fully utilized and nurtured and she would have been a vocal beast by now :gaycatina1:

 

edit: oh wait I think I’m confusing that user with MusicFan88 or whatever but anyways, Queen Jeongyeon haters can rot! :cm:

Edited by Witnessed ET

6 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I probably identify most as a Hybeast/HYBE hyena etc. I’m a cliche “got into KPOP cause of BTS (and Blackpink) back in 2017” but escaped the trenches of the ARMY in 2021 when things got insanely toxic with how big BTS became - which landed me to stanning Seventeen since. But I’m a fan of everything KPOP, and have learnt a lot about the history from this thread, and am loving the current “new golden age of girl groups” that’s happening. 

 

I’m a big fan of Stray Kids and genuinely think they have the MOST to gain with BTS finally being off the board this year. Even though ggs are ruling, I feel like them, SVT and NCT have so much to gain this year (and MAYBE TXT, Enhypen, ATEEZ and Treasure) if they play their cards right.

 

I think Lee Know is great, and has all the makings to be the 4th Gen It Boy, but the endless Hynjin payola prevents that from happening! More Lee Know in 2023 JYP!

Seventeen Stans are always welcome :clap3: since I’m the only one of the few svt Stan’s in here while the others are not as vocal as me about them. 

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

The way you're so confident with some disastrous takes. Welcome! And be prepared to change your mind on Itzy and Twice so you can finally have that taste you speak of. 

57 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

The gates of KTRL have finally opened for all us rookies :heart: hello

 

sidenote, whoever at JYP styled Lee Know in this zipper top last night needs a raise ASAP

 

 

 

Unzip your pants too King!! :gaynetcat4:

 

Also welcome :)

2 hours ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

Unfortunately you failed to make a good impression the moment you shaded Twice. Anyways, welcome! :heart:
 

hope you can grow and fix your taste!

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Seventeen Stans are always welcome :clap3: since I’m the only one of the few svt Stan’s in here while the others are not as vocal as me about them. 

Truly the MOST underrated kings of KPOP. I believe time will look fondly back on them though as the years pass by. And no worries, I will now join you in spreading the CARAT gospel moving forward :bird:

 

3 minutes ago, elevate said:

Also welcome :)

thank you :heart:

Since @newaespa used this an introduction, don't mind me doing the same!

 

My name is hammer - I use any pronouns! I been lurking for YEARS and thankfully this time I caught the registrations. My Stan list is huge. I'm mostly a ggs stan, but there are some boy groups that i adore (bangchan :bird:)

 

My main ult = DREAMCATCHER(handong)

My secondary ults are BLACKPINK(jisoo) TWICE(dahyunxjihyo) ITZY(chaeryeong)REDVELVET(wendy/joy (seulgi peaking :duck:) WJSN(yeonjung/dayoung/soobin) KEP1ER(youngeun) and some others that i like [loona everglow stayc chung ha aespa  fromis_9 purplekiss (g)i-dle pixy ive mamamoo]

 

I'm also a huge nugu groups supporter. Something about me loving the flops :coffee2:.

Fifty Fifty, Queenz Eye, Secret Number, ICHILLIN, Nature, Rocking Doll, ILY:1, H1-KEY, CLASS:y, ALICE, woo!ah!, AleXa. Literally, name a nugu group and i will gladly stan (they better have good music).:heart: Of course I also enjoy le sserafim, newjeans, nmixx(fav), ive etc.. those that are deemed from the "big three"! There are many idols i have left out (including bgs) ! Its not my first time on a pop forum, so you can say I know how to work my way around this. I am just glad I have more people to discuss K-pop with other than reddit!!:swan:

 

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.