Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

IVE won SOTY another day for them :heart:

The correct 2022 SOTY :clap:

7 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I’m just excited about Coachella because I genuinely thought that BP would disband this year. Not because the girls did anything wrong or didn’t have the popularity, but just because YG can’t handle two girl groups at a time.

 

If we manage to get Baby Monster and BlackPink releases this year, it’ll probably end up being YG’s best year ever.

Coachella is before their 7 year contract renewal so I don’t see the correlation. They can do Coachella and still disband or have a member leave later. 

On 1/6/2023 at 3:10 PM, AbsynthPop said:

the streets are saying my untouchable maestro of music Max Changmin

are y'all saying that changmin is gonna start singing the sperm trash songs too????? :dancehall2::dancehall2::dancehall2::dancehall2::dancehall2::dancehall2::dancehall2:

Baemon can say goodbye on any domestic success, now that it's basically confirmed that there's only 3 koreans in the group (2 thais and 2 japanese) and rumors about them having japanese leader and visual :deadbanana2: no way koreans will acknowledge this group!

 

Anyway the way I was the first one here to acknowledge the impending dominance of the top 4th gen ggs Int'lly but I can't really see any of them going full stadium tour in SEA even in the future so I think BP's touring record and YT records are safe, unless blinks will switch to baemon stans

1 minute ago, GucciBang said:

Baemon can say goodbye to any domestic success, now that it's basically confirmed that there's only 3 koreans in the group (2 thais and 2 japanese) and rumors about them having japanese leader and visual :deadbanana2: no way koreans will acknowledge this group!

 

Anyway the way I was the first one here to acknowledge the impending dominance of the top 4th gen ggs Int'lly but I can't really see any of them going full stadium tour in SEA even in the future so I think BP's touring record and YT records are safe, unless blinks will switch to baemon stans

 

Edited by GucciBang

9 minutes ago, GucciBang said:

all that by simply releasing 8 "demo" songs from a decade ago wooaah if I am a hater, I'll fume too like

But what about those of us who genuinely like them? I get that this thread gets off on the idea of constant haters, but some of us actually follow the acts because we like their music and personalities. Do you really need to shade us for wanting a good comeback after 2 years? :skull: 

8 minutes ago, BTS said:

:bibliahh:Well at least he knows 
The gangnam style stage was so much fun tho. He’s a real interactive performer  :clap3:

He’s been living off of collaborations since the “Right Now” stages and one thing about PSY is he will always thank whomever he works with. He knows how large fanbases work and he knows how to build casual listeners by appealing to the biggest fanbases. It’s honestly what all aging popstars should do, like Elton John.

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Coachella is before their 7 year contract renewal so I don’t see the correlation. They can do Coachella and still disband or have a member leave later. 

I see that they can still leave, but I don’t think anybody was expecting a comeback or any activities this year. Coachella gives me hope that they’ll at least launch a mini or a physical single to cash in on the hype. The more content we get as K-pop stans, the better

29 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Better than BTS winning again! But it should've been Stray Kids :rip:

You spoke too soon smh

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, GucciBang said:

Anyway the way I was the first one here to acknowledge the impending dominance of the top 4th gen ggs Int'lly

The second Gen stans have been telling the third Gen stans since 2016 that fourth Gen will stomp on third Gen. The third Gen would tell us that their faves are bigger because the market had grown and we told them the market would continue to grow and their faves would get surpassed, too. It’s kind of a kii to see that we were right :sistrens: 

4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

But what about those of us who genuinely like them? I get that this thread gets off on the idea of constant haters, but some of us actually follow the acts because we like their music and personalities. Do you really need to shade us for wanting a good comeback after 2 years? :skull: 

He’s been living off of collaborations since the “Right Now” stages and one thing about PSY is he will always thank whomever he works with. He knows how large fanbases work and he knows how to build casual listeners by appealing to the biggest fanbases. It’s honestly what all aging popstars should do, like Elton John.

I see that they can still leave, but I don’t think anybody was expecting a comeback or any activities this year. Coachella gives me hope that they’ll at least launch a mini or a physical single to cash in on the hype. The more content we get as K-pop stans, the better

They're still under YG :rip: 

8 minutes ago, GucciBang said:

Baemon can say goodbye on any domestic success, now that it's basically confirmed that there's only 3 koreans in the group (2 thais and 2 japanese) and rumors about them having japanese leader and visual :deadbanana2: no way koreans will acknowledge this group!

 

Anyway the way I was the first one here to acknowledge the impending dominance of the top 4th gen ggs Int'lly but I can't really see any of them going full stadium tour in SEA even in the future so I think BP's touring record and YT records are safe, unless blinks will switch to baemon stans

Gidle has more foreign members than Korean and it didn’t affect them. Twice had 4 foreigners at some point Sana and Tzuyu were the main girls. :deadbanana4:
 I know Korea is nationalist but you give a Wonyoung/Suzy/ Jennie typa visuals and the foreigners will be fine. 

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

The second Gen stans have been telling the third Gen stans since 2016 that fourth Gen will stomp on third Gen. The third Gen would tell us that their faves are bigger because the market had grown and we told them the market would continue to grow and their faves would get surpassed, too. It’s kind of a kii to see that we were right :sistrens: 

I remember TWICE fans calling them "Bigger than SNSD" constantly and refusing to acknowledge that comparing sales of different generations was comparing apples to oranges :deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, GucciBang said:

Baemon can say goodbye on any domestic success, now that it's basically confirmed that there's only 3 koreans in the group (2 thais and 2 japanese) and rumors about them having japanese leader and visual :deadbanana2: no way koreans will acknowledge this group!

 

Anyway the way I was the first one here to acknowledge the impending dominance of the top 4th gen ggs Int'lly but I can't really see any of them going full stadium tour in SEA even in the future so I think BP's touring record and YT records are safe, unless blinks will switch to baemon stans

Gidle only have 2 Koreans left and a heavily pushed Chinese member 

Lsfm have 3 Koreans & 2 Japanese members that are heavily pushed.

Sana is one of the most popular members in Twice in Korea

Rei is a big stan attractor in IVE. 
 

Foreign members do fine as long as they aren’t “disrespectful” to Koreans.

 

They're 100% not releasing a mini album, Born Pink is considered the "Coachella album" in YG mind lol.

 

But this is literally the perfect chance to drop an English single, even without a video since they don't have time for that. Its wayyyyyyy long overdue and they're gonna disband without having one which is crazy. :toofunny2:

 

If this was a COMPETENT company they would repackage Born Pink with 3 new songs incl an English debut or drop a mini.

Edited by State of Grace.

10 minutes ago, BTS said:

Gidle only have 2 Koreans left and a heavily pushed Chinese member 

Lsfm have 3 Koreans & 2 Japanese members that are heavily pushed.

Sana is one of the most popular members in Twice in Korea

Rei is a big stan attractor in IVE. 
 

Foreign members do fine as long as they aren’t “disrespectful” to Koreans.

 

More like Foreigners members does fine as long as they are pretty and fit their beauty standards lol.
 

Also they don’t treat the SEA idols and Japanese idols the same… 

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

They're still under YG :rip: 

True, but YG needs money more than ever and I think we’ll finally see some milking now that BaeMon and BP are all they really have left.

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I remember TWICE fans calling them "Bigger than SNSD" constantly and refusing to acknowledge that comparing sales of different generations was comparing apples to oranges :deadbanana2:

It used to be a kii that they’d drag Girls Generation by using the growth in the market when that was SNSD’s legacy to begin with. 

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

If this was a COMPETENT company they would repackage Born Pink with 3 new songs incl an English debut or drop a mini.

Some of the big inside accounts have been posting about a Born Pink Deluxe for a few months (they also knew about Coachella before HDD). Of course YG can still **** everything up, but at least we know they’re kind of planning on putting something together.

Baemon will flop but it won't be because of the members. I see an NMIXX level bomb for them, I'd love to be proven wrong though :michael:

Enhypen refused to perform Polaroid Love on award shows & year end festivals this year.

 

I hate them (except Sunoo)

did they get more people to attend their show vs that award show with like 100 kpop idols? :deadbanana2:

 

serving blackpink performing at tokyo dome for 55k people in 2019 vs MAMA with less seats :deadbanana2:

 

no korean award show is safe with BLACKPINK no matter what country they're in :deadbanana2:

 

 

love these looks they look like a 90s girl group :smitten: 

 

 

 

39 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I remember TWICE fans calling them "Bigger than SNSD" constantly and refusing to acknowledge that comparing sales of different generations was comparing apples to oranges :deadbanana2:

The way "Smaller than SNSD" hasn't got a hit this decade, yet SNSD has...:bibliahh:

12 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:heart:

I know she will have the best IG feed 

 

10 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

did they get more people to attend their show vs that award show with like 100 kpop idols? :deadbanana2:

 

serving blackpink performing at tokyo dome for 55k people in 2019 vs MAMA with less seats :deadbanana2:

 

no korean award show is safe with BLACKPINK no matter what country they're in :deadbanana2:

 

 

That may be the reason why BP didn’t book a stadium. GDA is held in Rajamangala Stadium. The capacity is 50k while for BP it’s 20k-30k

 

choice has a better mixing than queen of heart but the song sounds like a nugu song. Bland. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.