Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Anyone else keep getting the youtube ads saying " are you upset you cant be a kpop idol because you werent born in korea?  " or whatever the

exact term was :deadbanana4:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

2 hours ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

what in the "its me hi im a problem its me" intro

32 minutes ago, hammer said:

Since @newaespa used this an introduction, don't mind me doing the same!

 

My name is hammer - I use any pronouns! I been lurking for YEARS and thankfully this time I caught the registrations. My Stan list is huge. I'm mostly a ggs stan, but there are some boy groups that i adore (bangchan :bird:)

 

My main ult = DREAMCATCHER(handong)

My secondary ults are BLACKPINK(jisoo) TWICE(dahyunxjihyo) ITZY(chaeryeong)REDVELVET(wendy/joy (seulgi peaking :duck:) WJSN(yeonjung/dayoung/soobin) KEP1ER(youngeun) and some others that i like [loona everglow stayc chung ha aespa  fromis_9 purplekiss (g)i-dle pixy ive mamamoo]

 

I'm also a huge nugu groups supporter. Something about me loving the flops :coffee2:.

Fifty Fifty, Queenz Eye, Secret Number, ICHILLIN, Nature, Rocking Doll, ILY:1, H1-KEY, CLASS:y, ALICE, woo!ah!, AleXa. Literally, name a nugu group and i will gladly stan (they better have good music).:heart: Of course I also enjoy le sserafim, newjeans, nmixx(fav), ive etc.. those that are deemed from the "big three"! There are many idols i have left out (including bgs) ! Its not my first time on a pop forum, so you can say I know how to work my way around this. I am just glad I have more people to discuss K-pop with other than reddit!!:swan:

 

 

 

 

Hi my new favorite member. I read the part nugu and flops and I'm already interested.

10 hours ago, godmess said:

A jpop group for the kpop market

Can we even call them jpop?

all their songs so far are completely 100% English

 

i feel they’re just Japanese girls doing pop music, can they be considered jpop if they don’t sing in Japanese?

 

we wouldn’t call Rina Sawayama (sp) jpop although she’s Japanese, but sings in English

 

its all so confusing….

what’s the difference between Rina and XG

is it because XG live in Asia

Anywho….

I wonder if we’re getting anything on BABYMONSTER in a few hours

 

its officially been 7 days since the teaser, so hopefully something new drops

2 hours ago, newaespa said:

Hi guys! First post and i will dedicated it to this thread!

Based on my username, yall can see i stan for NEWJEANS & aespa! In additional to that, i stan for BLACKPINK & Red Velvet. Based on these 4 groups, it is easy to conclude that i stan for groups whereby they have amazing discography along with good visuals AND talents! 

HENCE, you will never see me stan for ITZY or TWICE <3

 

ALSO, why do certain monster(not that gaga fanbase), felt the need to insert a RV drag every single day despite claiming that he/she do not care about red velvet <3

and that haze guy or whatever, who will blame aespa on anything and everything <3 "SZA is homophobic? wtf its aespa's fault"

 

 

ALSO, OMG is disappointing but DITTO is kinda SOTY <3

I’m not blaming or shading aespa but bad management and delusional stans! hope you won’t become one! :flower:

 

at least we can stan NewJennies and OldJennies together 

 

and wait for more Illusions and Lucid Dreams! I will speak it into existence 

18 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Can we even call them jpop?

all their songs so far are completely 100% English

 

i feel they’re just Japanese girls doing pop music, can they be considered jpop if they don’t sing in Japanese?

 

we wouldn’t call Rina Sawayama (sp) jpop although she’s Japanese, but sings in English

 

its all so confusing….

what’s the difference between Rina and XG

is it because XG live in Asia

XG promotes mainly in Korea and even talk in their videos in Koreans.

 

And the funniest facts their songs and choreographers, video makers are all Koreans.

19 minutes ago, Mel. said:

what’s the difference between Rina and XG

is it because XG live in Asia

well, yes, doesn’t Rina live in the UK? (or the US, whatever)

while XG are based in Japan despite being an “international group”

14 minutes ago, Xalric said:

XG promotes mainly in Korea and even talk in their videos in Koreans.

 

And the funniest facts their songs and choreographers, video makers are all Koreans.

I never heard them talk, interesting…

it’s still weird how to categorize them lol

if they speak in Korean, but are Japanese, but release music in full english

 

a true mind **** if you ask me lol
 

13 minutes ago, Flomik said:

well, yes, doesn’t Rina live in the UK? (or the US, whatever)

while XG are based in Japan despite being an “international group”

So basically they can’t be Japanese girls that sing pop music, have to be categorized  kpop because they’re based in Japan and not the UK like Rina

 

that’s so weird

the way I think of it is if you’re singing in English, you’re a pop singer, no matter the nationality, but if you’re singing in your native language (or the language of the music you sing) then I see it as J/K-Pop

 

but I guess…interesting

53 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Anywho….

I wonder if we’re getting anything on BABYMONSTER in a few hours

 

its officially been 7 days since the teaser, so hopefully something new drops

Yeah, we're getting one big fat nothing. My bet is documentary in March and debut in May.

The way Enhypen and Treasure being the last male ROTY at GDA truly speak itself how the 4th gen bg are in the low barrel at least during the pandemic era they can't tour where touring is the strongest aspect for bg :toofunny2:

 

Not the Engene and Teume fighting who's the last male ROTY at the qrts as usual.

 

Edited by discreetinside

Welcome new users :bird:. Some of yall made problematic first impressions but i hope you wont spread hatred in this thread were we already have a lot <3 

 

When we will have a big gg comeback?

There is really a big problem with marketing the boygroups. I dont know how to describe but other than stray kids and ateez no other bg feels authentic or reliable. They just feel cringe, the choreos, lyrics, their delivery on performances like it feels off and wrong. I want a care-free and fun boy groups that doesnt look like they want to fight or having orgasms on stage.

3 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

The way Enhypen and Treasure being the last male ROTY at GDA truly speak itself how the 4th gen bg are in the low barrel at least during the pandemic :toofunny2:

 

Not the Engene and Teume fighting who's the last male ROTY at the qrts as usual.

 

That will change this year with all of the major companies launching new bgs. :cm:

I'm the only one having ads now on the forum? I'm using Chrome and u think add-ons doesn't work on mobile. I hate them 😭

21 minutes ago, Companion said:

There is really a big problem with marketing the boygroups. I dont know how to describe but other than stray kids and ateez no other bg feels authentic or reliable. They just feel cringe, the choreos, lyrics, their delivery on performances like it feels off and wrong. I want a care-free and fun boy groups that doesnt look like they want to fight or having orgasms on stage.

Watch SM launching a male NewJeans :gayalipacat5:

11 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Canny is Lisa 2.0 

 

 

She looks so much like riku from niziu.. 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, PowerGarlic said:

I hope these accounts are real and not the bots to make the page move with random drama sixhwxbwjxbwjd jk :penguin:

 

There are always ads for me on Safari for months now :penguin:

They started appearing yesterday and is annoying af :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, PowerGarlic said:

I hope these accounts are real and not the bots to make the page move with random drama sixhwxbwjxbwjd jk :penguin:

do you really think someone would buy bots for this flop forum nnnnn 

anyway it's always great to see the new blood

1 hour ago, Narima said:

 

:duca: Hope BEP learned their lesson! We want BOP!!! And they need to push Isa more

 

 

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.