Taylor posts statement addressing Ticketmaster fiasco

PoisonedIvy

I see a lot of people saying this isn't enough but there's really nothing else she can feasibly do other than add shows or ditch Ticketmaster on her NEXT tour.

13 minutes ago, Cute said:

Some of y'all are so dumb you're at the stage of requiring psychiatric help 

I was very upset at Ticketmaster and upset at her and taylornation for their silence in the wake of this fiasco. At the same time, I understand why she may have had to wait, probably to talk to her lawyer to see what she can or cannot say, because there is a high chance she has signed an NDA or any other contract stipulation that controls what she can and cannot say, do or cannot do. The entertainment industry is full of contracts that not only delay things but also control how they are narrated. 

I feel like instagram fried your guys' brains and now you think that a change.org petition or a tweet à la Demi is the solution to everything. 

At the same time I wonder why she can't just cancel all the tickets and restart this entire process? Idk if she is even allowed to do that and I understand why it would be unfair to the people who had to struggle through it...I just heard that Ed Sheeran did something similar 

I feel like part of the issue would be that there are fans who did successfully get tickets who already paid. Why should they have to risk losing their tickets they already paid for without the assurance they'll get those tickets back? 

Edited by Obsession

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Rep2000

• Badgalbriel

• CovalentBondage

42 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way she said NOTHING after "Well." :dies:

How about "I APOLOGISE"? She was silent for DAYS, could've reacted sooner and maybe Ticketmaster would've done something about it. Now it's too late, she got her money I guess that's all she cared about.

Maybe she should have cancelled her tour the day before and disappeared for months like someone else :)

35 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way she said NOTHING after "Well." :dies:

How about "I APOLOGISE"? She was silent for DAYS, could've reacted sooner and maybe Ticketmaster would've done something about it. Now it's too late, she got her money I guess that's all she cared about.

Some of ya'll just... don't get how things work. There are state and federal investigations underway. Every action and word is now potential evidence in a legal case. If Taylor released a statement "apologizing" for a disaster that she didn't cause, that could be seen as an admission of guilt by a judge or jury. She could be bankrupted by lawsuits and government fines. Ticketmaster would 100% use her apology to scapegoat her to the investigators and regulators, and take her to court for billions.

42 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

:isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao:

She addressed the situation and dragged Ticketmaster for their unprofessionalism, as she should. There's nothing else she can do right now. Enlighten us smarties on how she can fix this mess by herself?

1. Add more dates

2. Hire Ed Sheeran's team (they blocked bots and scalpers)

3. Use dynamic pricing again

4. Fire Taylor Nation and start a new team.

I wonder how her peers feels knowing they will never reach that level of Taylor 

like so many have to cancel their tour cause low sell tickets

while Taylor has million people willing to pay money to see her and there’s not enough tickets!

imagine been that powerful 

Taylor swift is her own league 

3 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

We need SOLUTIONS.

…which she LITERALLY said she’s trying to figure out, as we speak right now. Did you read her post? Probably not, seems like the haters and fans alike didn’t do so before commenting - on here or Twitter.

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Taylor is so griffin iconic. Even this situation which shouldn’t have been a big scandal became one somehow. I mean...even politicians are now Involved and Ticketmaster might also experience some kind of downfall :rip: this is just next level and iconic AF :lmao:

She is truly that ***** that cause conversations. But i really hope she is doing well mentally. Cause if it was me, i know i couldn't handle all this bullshit. 

Glad that this time the media is kinda on her side and rightfully  aiming at ticketmaster and resellers. Imagine if this happen in rep era....

At least this time we only have to deal some entitled fans and some dumb OTHs lol.

11 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I don't even get what the mess is. 6m people at least want tickets. They are just 3M. Some scalpers took some of them (shocking news, never happened before), some fans took them, some fans don't. What's the issue? Everyone should have a ticket?. They can't. The demand is too high. Stan some popstars with 15K tickets unsold untill the last day in only 20 stadium shows. What she can do?. 

i mean what do these fans even want her to do? pull tickets outta her ass? she apologized and is working on finding a better way to get tickets into her fans hands. even if the site didn't crash it would've sold out in 2 seconds regardless because the demand was too high

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

…which she LITERALLY said she’s trying to figure out, as we speak right now. Did you read her post? Probably not, seems like the haters and fans alike didn’t do so before commenting - on here or Twitter.

OMG Swifties make me hate Taylor sometimes when they write dumb **** like this :deadbanana2:

13 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

1. Add more dates

2. Hire Ed Sheeran's team (they blocked bots and scalpers)

3. Use dynamic pricing again

4. Fire Taylor Nation and start a new team.

again with more dates? she's making 52 stadiums shows and she have to make other continents. So stop with this. She can even add 5-6 dates between the spaces right now and it's doesn't make any real difference. Probably she will but add more dates can't be more than this. 

9 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

the way swifties are jumping through hoops to defend her, imagine if they did this with real social issues

anyway taylor is the captalist queen sooooooo w/e

What the hell is this whataboutism. The only ones jumping through hoops are the people trying to find a way to attack Taylor about this when it’s legally Ticketmaster’s incapacity to provide the service they solely exist for :rip: 

And you don’t know what type of social causes each individual fights for in their real life or to what extent. Stop being terminally online and understand there’s a world outside of ATRL and most of us are living in it. 

I just updated the other thread on this.

Antitrust division of Department of Justice seeking a split of the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger years ago over Taylor Swift debacle.

I'm sorry, but that's ****ing power. :rip: 

The fact that her statement excludes the word "Ticketmaster" ANYWHERE is very, very telling about the state of her NDA and the legal mess this might turn into. Taylor publicly named George Soros and his family during the masters controversy, so it's not like her to shy away from laying out the full picture, even with very powerful figures involved.

Edited by wastedpotential

12 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Some of ya'll just... don't get how things work. There are state and federal investigations underway. Every action and word is now potential evidence in a legal case. If Taylor released a statement "apologizing" for a disaster that she didn't cause, that could be seen as an admission of guilt by a judge or jury. She could be bankrupted by lawsuits and government fines. Ticketmaster would 100% use her apology to scapegoat her to the investigators and regulators, and take her to court for billions.

LET THEM KNOW!!!

The scalpers WON and she released that PR statement because she wants us to hate her...REPUTATION TAYLOR'S VERSION CONFIRMED!

OMG Swifties make me hate Taylor sometimes when they write dumb **** like this :deadbanana2:

you're the one actually acting dumb here :deadbanana2:

Ready for “Better Than TicketMaster (Taylor’s Version)” on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”.  :gaycat1:

12 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

the way swifties are jumping through hoops to defend her, imagine if they did this with real social issues

anyway taylor is the captalist queen sooooooo w/e

How is this an insult? Especially in a forum where everything talked about from music to cinema to fashion to television is just american pop culture. I really lost all you people indie and niche interests looool

Also Rihanna exists. She left her music career (and her fans)cause she made 70M for year with that and she is selling underwears cause she makes 400M a year with that. But again capitalist queen it's a compliment in my book, soooo

i liked how she started this, but not the last few sentences. should have ended with "i'm not gonna make any excuses for anyone" sentence. 

This statement adds nothing really. She won’t add more dates either so :rip:. It’s just an excuse for who didn’t get tickets and “better luck in the next tour” :rip:

19 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I don't even get what the mess is. 6m people at least want tickets. They are just 3M. Some scalpers took some of them (shocking news, never happened before), some fans took them, some fans don't. What's the issue? Everyone should have a ticket?. They can't. The demand is too high. Stan some popstars with 15K tickets unsold untill the last day in only 20 stadium shows. What she can do?. 

I like your view.

I missed out on all my limited edition books/manga/figure.... all the damm times. And i just moved on. Lol.

Of course if Taylor tour South East Asia, and i missed out ticket, i will be sad/upset for months but i would never direct my anger at her or thinking about how i deserve ticket more than others.

1 minute ago, InventedGays said:

So which one of these is making Ticketmaster work? Lol your “solution” to a broken web site is her firing her team and adding dates to unavailable stadiums and overwork her. Y’all are such a joke 

She's earning MILLIONS per night. The year has 365 days.....100 days working and gaining millions..Should I feel sorry for her?! :deadbanana2:

29 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

How about "Guys, me and my team are aware of whats happening and we are doing our best to sort out everything with Ticketmaster. I apologise, we were told they will be able to handle this kind of a demand."

Instead, she spoke up days later when 2.3m people bought the tickets.

You just run into threads without reading to post the dumbest sh*t, huh? Because that is exactly what she said. :skull: Literally, what you “wanted” her to say and what she DID say are the same thing. :skull: 

21 minutes ago, Jotham said:

She is also responsible though. Yes, Ticketmaster screwed things up but this could have also been avoidable if Taylor used her own fan verification system or opted out of dynamic pricing.

Dynamic pricing isn’t in effect for presale tickets. Trust me, I drag Taylor and every artist who chooses to opt in to dynamic pricing, but that wasn’t the case here. And how is it Taylor’s fault Ticketmaster’s fan verification system (the same one that many other artists use) is a mess? Ticketmaster knew the demand for her tour would be astronomical—they even said as much prior to the presale—yet they simply weren’t able to handle it, even after assuring people (apparently even Taylor and her team) that they would do their best. Also, since all of this happened, I’ve learned from other ATRLers that Ticketmaster has also had similar issues with other artist’s presales, so this isn’t a Taylor thing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.