Taylor posts statement addressing Ticketmaster fiasco

PoisonedIvy

Yeah this doesn't resolve anything but I am happy she finally spoke out about it and seems angry :clap3: 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Rep2000

• Badgalbriel

• CovalentBondage

3 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

She got her money (again), she doesn't care and it shows :dies:

She doesn’t get scalper money.  She actually cares about that BS.

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way she said NOTHING after "Well." :dies:

How about "I APOLOGISE"? She was silent for DAYS, could've reacted sooner and maybe Ticketmaster would've done something about it. Now it's too late, she got her money I guess that's all she cared about.

What does she have to apologize for?

imagine being so big that you have to post this. it's impressive and must be frustrating at the same time. the tour sold, and sold incredibly well but because of the way it was handled and because of the public and fan response, the dysfunction and sentiment went mainstream. I think what makes some, key word "some", of this a bit ridiculous is that a lot of the backlash online has literally been from fickle swifties who are literally bawling over not getting tickets. To me, this is a larger issue surrounding a parasocial attachment to Swift and feeling like you're "owed" tickets even if a casual fan bought some. I guarantee some of the backlash was inevitable because the demand was so high and the fans are very deadset on seeing their fav. We can be mad at a system and have a larger discussion surrounding monopolies, sure. But a lot of what I saw was giving full blown adult temper tantrum. A bit different when the lines are so blurred. Just my observations. Congrats on the success, even if some of it is a bit soured. 

3 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

this was basically just her saying "aw :( better luck next tour" in a pretentious essay format :skull:

1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

Literally :deadbanana2: They'll continue to make excuses for her though

Just now, CovalentBondage said:

What a lame ass statement 

:isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao:

She addressed the situation and dragged Ticketmaster for their unprofessionalism, as she should. There's nothing else she can do right now. Enlighten us smarties on how she can fix this mess by herself?

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

How about "I APOLOGISE"? She was silent for DAYS, could've reacted sooner and maybe Ticketmaster would've done something about it. Now it's too late, she got her money I guess that's all she cared about.

And what exactly should she apologize for? For Ticketmaster's incompetence? :rip:

Honestly, I'm baffled by this.

Why are we blaming anyone?  They sold millions of tickets in like what, 24 hours?  Not to mention the amount of traffic to try.  What server could handle that :rip:

Lol its a perfect statement that made a lot of girlies who aim their anger at her for the past two days look so dumb. The enemy here is ticketmaster monopoly and resellers law.

Oh i see some of the girlies already broke the heels running to this thread and continue to spread their hateful agenda. Lol. Just like clockwork. Just admit she never can do anything to satisfy you. Spending that much time to hate someone is literally mental illness.

I’m glad she spoke up, and despite what the loud annoying minority in here have to say, I think she addresssed it wonderfully. This is a letter to her fans, not you @Hot Volcano

5 minutes ago, all eyes on me said:

imagine being so big that you have to post this. it's impressive and must be frustrating at the same time. the tour sold, and sold incredibly well but because of the way it was handled and because of the public and fan response, the dysfunction and sentiment went mainstream. I think what makes some, key word "some", of this a bit ridiculous is that a lot of the backlash online has literally been from fickle swifties who are literally bawling over not getting tickets. To me, this is a larger issue surrounding a parasocial attachment to Swift and feeling like you're "owed" tickets even if a casual fan bought some. I guarantee some of the backlash was inevitable because the demand was so high and the fans are very deadset on seeing their fav. We can be mad at a system and have a larger discussion surrounding monopolies, sure. But a lot of what I saw was giving full blown adult temper tantrum. A bit different when the lines are so blurred. Just my observations. Congrats on the success, even if some of it is a bit soured. 

spacer.png

No one is entitled to tickets to the most in demand tour of the millennium. I'm glad she's dragging Ticketmaster though 

Whew the Lord is mad and we all know Karma is her boyfriend :jonny:

I'm genuinely curious what everyone here who is saying "This isn't enough!!1!" want her to say/do.

Yes, this statement should have came earlier, but I'm sure she was receiving updates behind the scene this whole time, and now has a very clear picture of what is happening. It is a super unfortunate event, and there really isn't anything much she can do. Ticketmaster told her it would go one way, and it didn't and she's clearly mad about it.

There’s nothing wrong with her statement, but OTHs (much like the ones who ran to this thread to act dumb) and stans who feel like they’re personally owed a ticket is why she never should have said anything.

Plus, this isn’t so much about Taylor as it is about Ticketmaster. 

12 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

She got her money (again), she doesn't care and it shows :dies:

11 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

this was basically just her saying "aw :( better luck next tour" in a pretentious essay format :skull:

9 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Literally :deadbanana2: They'll continue to make excuses for her though

9 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

What a lame ass statement 

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I just needed to quote these because :redface: mental illness, literally

Like I will gladly drag Taylor when it's necessary. I'm first in line to lash her for her partnership with Capital One as I don't think any pop stars should be in bed with ghoulish banking corporations.

But this whole thing is clearly just adults having a temper tantrum and blaming her because she's so popular and they couldn't get a ticket :skull: Notice how no one is saying that there's a better solution she could be doing, short of giving everyone front row backstage passes and a free pet unicorn.

How to say absolutely nothing in a long ass statement. 

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

And what exactly should she apologize for? For Ticketmaster's incompetence? :rip:

How about "Guys, me and my team are aware of whats happening and we are doing our best to sort out everything with Ticketmaster. I apologise, we were told they will be able to handle this kind of a demand."

Instead, she spoke up days later when 2.3m people bought the tickets.

Why is anyone owed a concert ticket? :rip:

There is nothing else for her to do here, the company sucks. I would have even made the statement shorter.

10 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Honestly, I'm baffled by this.

Why are we blaming anyone?  They sold millions of tickets in like what, 24 hours?  Not to mention the amount of traffic to try.  What server could handle that :rip:

The issue seems to be that TM released far too many presale codes for the number of tickets available, and had to have known that was the case. They released 1.5m codes for 2m tickets. Unless every single person went alone, the system was never going to work. And then on top of that, even if you had tickets in your cart, you could never check out because the site 503ed repeatedly and you got sent back in line :skull: 

Taylor and Her team did this SO much more smoothly on their own for the Reputation tour. It’s a shame they couldn’t do it again this time. 

I am someone very pissed about this situation. But this is exactly kinda what many needed. Yeah I get it doesn't resolve anything, but based on the demand there is just no way she is ever going to be able to please everyone. She can't just change the law about bots/scalpers either or force them to stop that. It's too late. She is already doing a huge tour and I don't want her dead exhausted just so I can see her live :skull: Maybe she doesn't care idk. But if I was in her shoes and these were my fans I'd be FURIOUS. To say she has no care I think is ignorant. 

This was very well written and let’s be honest most artists would’ve continued to ignore the situation even when egged on by fans to say something. 

2 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

I just needed to quote these because :redface: mental illness, literally

No mental illness is getting triggered by obvious bait on a website that takes 10 minute to load a new page

1 minute ago, Beyonnaise said:

Like I will gladly drag Taylor when it's necessary. I'm first in line to lash her for her partnership with Capital One as I don't think any pop stars should be in bed with ghoulish banking corporations.

But this whole thing is clearly just adults having a temper tantrum and blaming her because she's so popular and they couldn't get a ticket :skull: Notice how no one is saying that there's a better solution she could be doing, short of giving everyone front row backstage passes and a free pet unicorn.

Thank you for having a functioning brain. Can you share some of that with a few of the others in here? :dies: 

I said this in Midnights thread but I hope for her sake she doesn’t somehow become an even BIGGER celebrity than she is now. The tour after SNTV/89TV/TS11 could not possibly sustain any additional demand.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.