• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Teen Spirit

• ProudLBS

• Apolonio ₃₄

For me its bc there's a mod who is a die hard swiftie, and although I'm a Taylor fan myself, I seem to be the ''bad kind'' of swiftie to him. I do not always approve of what she does, and as adult myself I can see where she lacks competences. The sad thing is that that mod is actually double my age :rip:

I got a 3 month ban back in dec 2020 for saying that the dude on the willow mv was ugly, and then after talking to the mod saying that my preference of him wasn't bc of his racial background, I was still left with the 3 month ban. (I have a feeling that he disliked me bc of my disapproval of her artistic direction on Lover) 

Later during the 30-RedTV releases back to back I was banned again 3 months, for saying that Taylor was so hateful towards Kanye during the rep era that she might have called him the n word on a Rep vault TV track. And although that comment I made was dumb, I was told that I violated the ZTP. Only one person with cognitive problems wouldn't be able to tell apart my post from the ZTP guidelines. Mods like to abuse that in order to just ban users for reasons of their liking. 

And yesterday I got a 2 day ban when I commented on a yet ANOTHER thread of a swiftie talking about 30's underperformance, when I said that his mom may have dropped him when he was a child :rip: I've been insulted on this site many times and those users haven't been banned even if when i reported them, I was just pointing out how stupid that user was. 

I came to this site as a teenager when the rep era was unraveling. I had changed high schools and was very lonely. And now find myself on the internet on a lot of my free time when I'm going through stuff. But having someone systematically after me is very trying, the moment another site pops up and most ATRLers hear of it, they will flee from here, I can tell you, many discuss it on the side discord groups and through group chat. 

The ZTP and other guidelines are just a way to systematically go against people, there are mods here who are literal asholes and are extremely rude through PM when you request anything, but when you are not being extremely nice then they confront you saying that you are not following the guidelines. And lets not get started on that mod that got exposed that day and he's still here.... 

It gets too repetitive with the same topic threads

Probably needs newer & younger members that stan the new Pop stars 

The servers are also terrible

Many toxic ppl used the forum when Stand Your Ground was open, many of them dont post as much anymore after it closed

10 hours ago, Gorgeous said:

For me its bc there's a mod who is a die hard swiftie, and although I'm a Taylor fan myself, I seem to be the ''bad kind'' of swiftie to him. I do not always approve of what she does, and as adult myself I can see where she lacks competences. The sad thing is that that mod is actually double my age :rip:

I got a 3 month ban back in dec 2020 for saying that the dude on the willow mv was ugly, and then after talking to the mod saying that my preference of him wasn't bc of his racial background, I was still left with the 3 month ban. (I have a feeling that he disliked me bc of my disapproval of her artistic direction on Lover) 

Later during the 30-RedTV releases back to back I was banned again 3 months, for saying that Taylor was so hateful towards Kanye during the rep era that she might have called him the n word on a Rep vault TV track. And although that comment I made was dumb, I was told that I violated the ZTP. Only one person with cognitive problems wouldn't be able to tell apart my post from the ZTP guidelines. Mods like to abuse that in order to just ban users for reasons of their liking. 

And yesterday I got a 2 day ban when I commented on a yet ANOTHER thread of a swiftie talking about 30's underperformance, when I said that his mom may have dropped him when he was a child :rip: I've been insulted on this site many times and those users haven't been banned even if when i reported them, I was just pointing out how stupid that user was. 

I came to this site as a teenager when the rep era was unraveling. I had changed high schools and was very lonely. And now find myself on the internet on a lot of my free time when I'm going through stuff. But having someone systematically after me is very trying, the moment another site pops up and most ATRLers hear of it, they will flee from here, I can tell you, many discuss it on the side discord groups and through group chat. 

The ZTP and other guidelines are just a way to systematically go against people, there are mods here who are literal asholes and are extremely rude through PM when you request anything, but when you are not being extremely nice then they confront you saying that you are not following the guidelines. And lets not get started on that mod that got exposed that day and he's still here.... 

...even though you're trying to paint yourself as a victim, you really don't come out of this 6 paragraph essay as the one who was in the "right". I think the mods were spot on with giving you a time out, especially now that you still don't even have an inkling about why your behavior was unacceptable. :bibliahh: 

13 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

...even though you're trying to paint yourself as a victim, you really don't come out of this 6 paragraph essay as the one who was in the "right". I think the mods were spot on with giving you a time out, especially now that you still don't even have an inkling about why your behavior was unacceptable. :bibliahh: 

myself as the victim?? I can see a clear pattern and my behaviour is not enough to ban me from this site. I got the same restriction reserved for actual breakers of the ZTP even though I didn't break it. If you don't like my views or humorous thats right, but you don't need to be a hypocrite. Its the problem that people like you who want to see everything as they like and refuse to accept that there's people who are and think different than you. 

17 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Because most of you are out of touch and 503. Like I'm begging do something. :rip:

EDIT: I've decided to write a bit more since I'm a Gen Z ATRLer and I can see why ATRL is declining.

503s sounds like it has been a recurring problem for years now, I joined in 2021 and while I experienced very little of 2017 - 2021.. the 503s threw me off COMPELETELY during my first few months. In 2022 Gen Z isn't going to deal with buggy software when we can go to other functioning forums like Popjustice or just go to Stan Twitter, it can be really off putting for new users who aren't familiar with the forum. 

The same 10 artists being discussed every single day is another one, this forum has never seemed to have moved on with the whole 2010 pop girl era compared to subreddits like Popheads and even celeb-based websites like Lipstick Alley. The multiple repeat threads on Gaga, Taylor and Katy can be draining and really shows the age of the demographic here. Newer artists who aren't Billie or Olivia are often ignored due to there not being much of a diverse age (and even race demo, this site reeks of white gays) demo here, while this cant be solely the mods fault  - for new users it gets tiring. :deadbanana4:

Let's not forgot the resets as well, how are you supposed to call this forum 'iconic' when you cant even access the DATABASE? I've been waiting for Classic ATRL for like 2 years now and it still hasn't come. Like others have said, you can still access Lipstick Alley and Popjustice threads from back in the early noughties but ATRL cant even have a functioning archive. The new reset did nothing but lose history and 503s like the DEMON she is, she's still here :deadbanana2:

New members help keep forums alive but with the combination of problems with the owner and other issues, the grave will get bigger and bigger until things are finally fixed (which should have been a decade ago but ALAS!). 

Aren't Lipstick Alley and ATRL run on the same server as well? 

ATRL is just not fun anymore. I moved onto other websites. I barely visit ATRL now (like twice a month)

Edited by sxhunluv

On 7/3/2022 at 6:19 PM, PopKills said:

Yes plus there’s hardly any community feeling in this forum, it feels like a forum full of old drag queens yelling at each other :rip:

This. Like no one actually interacts with anyone except to yell at each other. It’s so shocking. There are like no actual conversations

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Aren't Lipstick Alley and ATRL run on the same server as well? 

One updates their servers accordingly.. the other is broken beyond repair :deadbanana2:

On 7/4/2022 at 1:41 AM, arceus said:

Might need to check lipstick alley and make an account there :giraffe:

Are their moderators lurking here? My account got rejected :rip: I guess they don't want a more racially diverse forum. 

Everything that's been mentioned but really deleting the old threads made this a big joke because that didn't even help anything 

On 7/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, zuzufruit said:

Billie eilish debuting a/k/a ruining music.

wish

camila stan :rip:

This site is extremely slow

On 7/3/2022 at 7:41 PM, arceus said:

Might need to check lipstick alley and make an account there :giraffe:

No

On 7/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, La Reina said:

A house divided against Xtina cannot stand. :gaycatina1:

:gaycatina1:

On 7/5/2022 at 4:15 AM, RunUpDoneUp said:

Lipstickalley is a hop away from being 4chan. Anyone looking to Lipstickalley for activity is looking to create a hatehub of reactionary nut jobs.

Reddit I couldn't say, I'm not white so never got it's appeal tbh.

LSA has good fourms.

1 hour ago, arceus said:

Are their moderators lurking here? My account got rejected :rip: I guess they don't want a more racially diverse forum. 

nope

******* hate this PC era. I wanna go back to the time when you could tell people they were dropped as babies without people getting fake-offended.

Rihanna's retirement was the end of ATRL.

All the other pop girls are struggling except for the brand new one: Olivia.

Taylor has moved into a nostalgia act where her fanbase will sustain her albums decently but the GP has moved on from her music and she can't have a hit anymore.

Also overzealous WP & Bans because some people can't function outside of a safe bubble where everybody already agrees with them

Edited by frenchyisback

the main problem i see are the same topics being discussed over and over again. you can only make so many katy/gaga, Loose/LAMB/Duchess threads. most of the users on this site seem to be millennials who are stuck in the 2008-2014 pop era, which was nice when i first started lurking in 2017... but now any of the new girls are called fads, ignored, and disrespected.

the fact that people seriously talk about pure sales like they still matter and treat streams like some easy throwaway metric just because there faves are older is :skull:

I mean, how long can a forum with the SAME " [Insert song/artist/album] not in the Top XX after X weeks anymore, [WHY?/SURPRISED?/SHOCKED?]" threads a day from the same posters survive? :rip: A lot of people (most, actually) are saying that the forum is too strict, and while I agree, it's also way too toxic. Not even album/single threads are safe from having a random fanbase invade and ruin it for the fans, Camila threads, Adele threads, that beyoncé spotify run thread...it's all just people RUINING the fun for everyone who actually likes something; and the fact that the mods are clearly biased towards certain artists just causes more division, a negative thread about Gaga will be swiftly locked but Demi, Taylor, Camila's negative threads can reach 40+ pages and they don't give a ****. In that way, Stand your ground and No Holds Barred being removed truly destroyed this website, because at least back then most people just went there and dragged everyone and their grandma and stayed there being miserable, hating on everyone and everything and laughing about it, now you can't go to any thread you like without hive and monsters or whatever fanbase just ******* arguing about the same old **** all the time. It's BORING :mazen: 

Edited by Julián

• ATRL Moderator

The owner. 

back in the day i would be in tears reading some of the posts on here (i.e. that girl getting pushed off a cliff + nicki minaj sits at her dresser), but nowadays it isn't even possible to make a lighthearted joke without some weird mod getting butthurt over a throwaway comment. 

the old layout was faaaaar superior

+ the threads are incredibly boring, it's like no one gives af about finding and listening to new artists instead were sat here discussing the same 5 girls 

1 hour ago, Gyal said:

back in the day i would be in tears reading some of the posts on here (i.e. that girl getting pushed off a cliff + nicki minaj sits at her dresser), but nowadays it isn't even possible to make a lighthearted joke without some weird mod getting butthurt over a throwaway comment. 

Pretty much - the posts and sense of humour that made ATRL what it is is now against the rules and would see you banned. So yay for having a haven for American woke libs to pat themselves on the back but for the rest of us - we're giggling on reddit.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:15 AM, RunUpDoneUp said:

Lipstickalley is a hop away from being 4chan. Anyone looking to Lipstickalley for activity is looking to create a hatehub of reactionary nut jobs.

This. It's such a horrible place - literally one of the 7 cesspools of the internet world. And I know ATRL has problems with 503 errors, but LSA has got a few glitches and errors of its own too. And I'm sick of people stealing my Alleybux on there. :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.