Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

This is a big piece of Mariah lore. Someone reposted the radio interview that played a big part the "Mariah is crazy" 2001 news cycle (it was two days before she was hospitalized).

 

 

Some other recently unearthed or better quality interviews:

 

https://youtu.be/GSDj2z2MKg4?si=W_jpWCMRLKRWlWxj


 

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 698k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

@stevyy are we finally getting a Merry Christmas diamond cert this year?

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

@stevyy are we finally getting a Merry Christmas diamond cert this year?

The album will cross the threshold, but if Sony resquests is, remains to be seen. 

Ok so after hearing the album more than enough times and also hearing all these AI daydream and butterfly versions of My Love; In your feelings 

I feel like she should focus more on songwriting for other artists. Hard to say but vocally the album is just bad, she sounds tired af. I only enjoy TD and C&C, otherwise it's just a quiet disappointment. 
With 1996s vocals the album would have been great but I can't pretend like I enjoy listening to the album, just don't feel her voice at all 

13 minutes ago, Rocket said:

@noonbob I have a new Moo trash gif for you.

 

gF6tIAA.gif

It says "content not viewable in your region"?? this keeps happening on atrl now wtf?

Just now, noonbob said:

It says "content not viewable in your region"?? this keeps happening on atrl now wtf?

She arrived in Japan and they were throwing out unsold copies of HFIA.

 

 

6 hours ago, Rocket said:

She arrived in Japan and they were throwing out unsold copies of HFIA.

 

 

omg :gaycat7::gaycat7::gaycat7:

how many Spotify streams did AIWFCIY earn last holiday season?

5 hours ago, suburbannature said:

how many Spotify streams did AIWFCIY earn last holiday season?

366 million.

2024 YT Music + Spotify

 

569 million - 203m / 366m - 1994 - All I want for Christmas

215 million - 64m / 151m - 2005 - We Belong Together

204 million - 47m / 157m - 2009 - Obsessed

150 million - 105m / 45m - 1994 - Without You

137 million - 56m / 81m - 2003 - I Know what You Want

118 million - 15m / 103m - 1995 - Fantasy

110 million - 43m / 67m - 1996 - Always be my Baby

80 million - 15m / 65m - 2008 - Touch my Body

78 million - 37m / 41m - 1993 - Hero

73 million - 48m / 25m - 1998 - When You Believe

68 million - 33m / 35m - 1995 - One Sweet Day

67 million - 2m / 65m - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

 

2025 YT Music + Spotify - Year to Date (over 65 days to come)

 

231 million - 46m / 185m - 2009 - Obsessed

185 million - 52m / 134m - 2005 - We Belong Together

132 million - 87m / 45m - 1994 - Without You

115 million - 38m / 77m - 1998 - My All

107 million - 43m / 64m - 2003 - I Know what you Want

94 million - 36m / 58m - 1996 - Always be my Baby

93 million - 47m / 46m - 1994 - All I want for Christmas

85.5 million - 10.5m / 75m - 1995 - Fantasy

69.5 million - 9.5m / 60m - 2008 - Touch my Body

64 million - 27m / 37m - 1993 - Hero

59 million - 38m / 21m - 1998 - When You Believe

58 million - 28m / 30m - 1995 - One Sweet Day

 

Mariah is smashing this year on Spotify for a pre 1995 artist - #2 behind Shakira. Mariah has already amassed 1,35 billion streams on Spotify in 2025 - so far. Another billion is still to come. She will reach 3,5 billion between YT Music and Spotify combined this year. (And people have the never to claim her music is forgotten). On the YTD list for 2025 Type Dangerous is close to 12 million streams. It will end in her top 35 tracks of 2025. 

Do we have an idea why "Angel (The Prelude)" is currently #22 on US iTunes? 

 

 

1 minute ago, STMG23 said:

Do we have an idea why "Angel (The Prelude)" is currently #22 on US iTunes? 

 

 

Because one person bought it

 

:suburban:

36 minutes ago, STMG23 said:

Do we have an idea why "Angel (The Prelude)" is currently #22 on US iTunes? 

 

 

Because of this

 

https://www.tiktok.com/@thedajeshow/video/7565905284879666446?_t=ZP-90x38YJ0U51&_r=1

I've come to realize that Charmbracelet is truly one of her best albums and insanely underrated. I honestly think it would be one of my very favorites if some of the vocal editing (i.e. whatever she did on Subtle Invitation) was calmed down. 
 

Down the Drain remains her worst lead single, though. 

12 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I've come to realize that Charmbracelet is truly one of her best albums and insanely underrated.

Another CharmbraceLORD truther

 

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

Another day another track from Memoirs of a Perfect Album gaining popularity :clap3: 

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

I've come to realize that Charmbracelet is truly one of her best albums and insanely underrated. I honestly think it would be one of my very favorites if some of the vocal editing (i.e. whatever she did on Subtle Invitation) was calmed down. 
 

Down the Drain remains her worst lead single, though. 

Like 15% less whispering even, it becomes a little too soft texture wise. But it's almost all excellent songs 

 

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

I relistened to all of her albums and ranked each song (we need a new rate btw) and my ranking ended up pretty close to what I thought it would be. I liked Me I Am Mariah a lot more than I remembered, though. Surprised Memoirs was so low because it has so many tracks I love, but I think the poor songs just weigh it down too much. 
 

Will do the Xmas albums when it's time :suburban:

 

1. Butterfly 4.708

2. Daydream 4.417

3. The Emancipation of Mimi 4.393

4. Emotions 4.250

5. Caution 4.150

6. Mariah Carey 4.091

7. Glitter 3.959

8. Charmbracelet 3.933

9. Rainbow 3.929

10. Music Box 3.900

 

11. Here for It All 3.773

12. Me I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse 3.750

13. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel 3.588

14. E=MC2 3.393

 

I need her to give us SUD lead vocals finally so I can add it to my list.

I was hoping that Type Dangerous would get a nomination in one of the R&B categories at the grammys but oh well… at least she's getting an honorary award

 

I'm hopeful she'll get a nomination next year with the album and Play that Song

Prom Queen is unironically one of her best songs. Not only the lyrics being incredibly ahead of their time in 1995, but the melody is next level.

 

Questlove called Someone's Ugly Daughter her best album and while that's not true, he's not THAT far off. I just wonder if she'll ever find the lead vocals.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.