Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 694.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

I feel bad, a lot of the tracks are like well produced/written but the vocals are so bad. I don't know why she insists on doing whisper vocals when she could just be in her mid-range which is doing fine. 

 

I Won't Allow It is the best song, love it.

 

Here For It All is beautifully written, the vocals actually are great til we get to the 2nd act of the song.

 

This is definitely her worst album output ever. Love her to pieces, but this was not it.

Everything was so immaculately produced and arranged and her melodies are golden top to bottom like always I love her forever the greatest. Nobody is more fun to listen to than her

 

 

 

4 minutes ago, thispussy said:

I feel bad, a lot of the tracks are like well produced/written but the vocals are so bad. I don't know why she insists on doing whisper vocals when she could just be in her mid-range which is doing fine. 

 

I Won't Allow It is the best song, love it.

 

Here For It All is beautifully written, the vocals actually are great til we get to the 2nd act of the song.

 

This is definitely her worst album output ever. Love her to pieces, but this was not it.

gurl bye with your one and only post. :rip:

Finally heard the album im surprised I actually enjoyed it a lot and see myself playing it more than the singles. I didnt think I would like Jesus I Do, but its actually good like a gospel Say Something. Here For It All vocally reminds me of MIAM so much + Valentines We Belong Together.

 

Fave songs: Mi, Play This Song, In Your Feelings, My Love, Jesus I Do, Here For It All + Singles.

 

 

The only song that I didnt really vibe with on this first listen is Confetti & Champagne. They made it sound like that BET group with old girl groups demo and seeing Felisha on it makes sense. I think their name was Bluprint.

36 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Lambs are truly insufferable

I love how you say this, but have no issue climbing on your soap box and telling others what in her discography sucks.

 

Have several seats, sis.

5 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I love how you say this, but have no issue climbing on your soap box and telling others what in her discography sucks.

 

Have several seats, sis.

It's the rush to be negative in every thread that gets old sometimes.

 

We all will disagree all day long about what albums we like (and should - it's subjective after all), but the "she's an emotionless drunk who lost her voice" in every other post is a bit much. Like…we get it. And sometimes our dark humor crosses over to too much of an empathyless place when it comes to her personal life. She's a human being who has experienced loss and clearly battles every day with her mental health and confidence. I think sometimes it just hits home as someone has experienced similar loss and knows how hard it can be to pull yourself out of that numbness.

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

It's the rush to be negative in every thread that gets old sometimes.

 

We all will disagree all day long about what albums we like (and should - it's subjective after all), but the "she's an emotionless drunk who lost her voice" in every other post is a bit much. Like…we get it. And sometimes our dark humor crosses over to too much of an empathyless place when it comes to her personal life. She's a human being who has experienced loss and clearly battles every day with her mental health and confidence. I think sometimes it just hits home as someone has experienced similar loss and knows how hard it can be to pull yourself out of that numbness.

First reactions. That's all it is. I'm sure people will sit with things for a while and their opinions may change, but that first reaction is the most important.

 

You only get once chance to make a first impression.

The way some of y'all just clicked the previews and went out spewing nonsense. :rip:      I like the first half of the album more than the 2nd half. I love the Clark Sisters but Jesus I Don't is my only future skip so far. 

I'm enjoying the album

 

The MIAMTEC/MOAIA comparisons are warranted. HFIA feels like what happens when she does exactly what she wants - so it's no surprise we got a mix of genres (like MIAMTEC): R&B, gospel, ballads, dance, and some self-assuring/humorous lyrics (MOAIA). We already know not to compare this to Caution, which I still think had more direct control from Roc Nation/Epic

 

Fair criticisms about the melodyned vocals, but the material and production are solid - thanks to Anderson.Paak who brought in that cool Silk Sonic flavor

 

People so far vary with their favorites with most not selecting TD and SS but these two fit in with the album sound (I felt the same way with GTFO but I ended up seeing the light)

 

Confetti and Champagne seems to be getting most polarized reception but I love it! The title track is amazing, with the outro included!

 

I know they're definitely eyeing some commercial success with this album (see radio payola with TD to get it to chart). However, they've been executing the plan to solidify her legacy well lately (see VMA Vanguard award, reaching out to gen-z via Mr. Beast cameo and that random live stream interview lol they even got SZA for an interview). She might not admit it, but a Grammy win will surely feel nice. Play This Song and Jesus I Do are prime candidates for baiting those R&B and gospel nominations

 

I'm on my fifth listen and tbh I still don't hate it the same way those (of you f-words here included lol) did/do on their initial plays

Nothing is Impossible not being a corny mess and actually being hauntingly beautiful :jonny5:

MOAIA'd playful lyricism being back :WAP:

A cover once again ending the original :gayriahcat1:

Jesus I Do turning me into a Christian for 3 minutes and 26 seconds :gayriahcat2:

 

Oh Godriah :clap3::clap3::clap3:

mariah-carey-crying.gif

1 hour ago, Touchdown said:

The way some of y'all just clicked the previews and went out spewing nonsense. :rip:      I like the first half of the album more than the 2nd half. I love the Clark Sisters but Jesus I Don't is my only future skip so far. 

Or maybe we were actually listening to the album last night and reacting in real time.

 

Anyway. Any user ranking with C&C not in the top 3 deserves to be laughed and mocked.

17 minutes ago, Ken Lee said:

Nothing is Impossible not being a corny mess and actually being hauntingly beautiful :jonny5:

MOAIA'd playful lyricism being back :WAP:

A cover once again ending the original :gayriahcat1:

Jesus I Do turning me into a Christian for 3 minutes and 26 seconds :gayriahcat2:

 

Oh Godriah :clap3::clap3::clap3:

mariah-carey-crying.gif

 

I love it so much

 

mariah-carey-crying.gif

lowkey atp Moo - Jay Z feud ("") rumors really must have had some teeth :rip: bring him back moo caution was her most focused album since butterfly

 

HFIA has grown on me a bit tho, its no MIAM but 

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

Been seeing this make the rounds on social media and oh, he ate dowwwwwn :jonny4:

 

 

Title Track so good I moved screaming-lady-jumping-box-look-in-box.gif

 

Jesus I Do serving kidz bop version of this banger

 

 stan-twitter-xtina.gif

 

*****, my mind is clear, and she DID it with this song. It's timeless and the shining star on the album.

Even the grooviness of I Won't Allow It has already become stale.

 

zaenyx-stan-twt.gif

I THINK U MIGHT BE GETTING A LITTLE TOO MUCH TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.