Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Gaga can still cross $1 billion in total box office revenue as an actor if JFAD does ASIB numbers in the end ($434 million globally). 

 

:gaycat4:

 

I doubt it's crossing $1 billion anymore but maybe China will help drag the film across $500 million?

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

32 minutes ago, Domination said:

!!

 

I don't know why Todd thought he was competent to take on this type of movie. The musical sequences are so poorly integrated into the movie at times they don't even justify their own existence.

Honestly I have to disagree. The attempt in the first film was to showcase that Joker lives in his own world and we weren't really supposed to understand what was real and what wasn't until the inevitable montage showing the entire fake relationship with his neighbor. I feel like this film amped up the music (no pun intended) to further enforce his internalized mania and disconnect from the world around him. I don't wanna say more without spoiling stuff for other users. 

17 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

It makes so much sense why Godga released 'Harlequin'. 
She knew they cut her scenes short and all the effort and work she put into her character would go unnoticed. It's her way of saying FU to WB and Todd Phillip and getting her screen time back. :clack:

Or it's because all the songs are in the movie and she wanted to do her own Gaga spin on them :rip:

 

Some of yall continue to be so weird :deadbanana2:

15 minutes ago, oinkamaraj said:

im sorry but i really dont think this film will have WOM to save it cause the audience reaction for this so far is looking bad

The reaction specifically in Korea is not shocking to me whatsoever considering the current situation ongoing between a growing incel culture and women feeling endangered and this film sort of feels like the antithesis of that

Just now, nick4bty said:

Or it's because all the songs are in the movie and she wanted to do her own Gaga spin on them :rip:

 

Some of yall continue to be so weird :deadbanana2:

The scenes "cut" from the trailer would have added about maybe 5 minutes of screentime to her character if we're being generous. Her not being in it enough feels like an overreaction and something you'd say if you were only going in to see Gaga specifically. I feel like she was used in a way that played to her strength. If they doubled down on too many musical sequences it'd just be like a Gaga concert film and not a Joker movie. 

25 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Guys last night felt like a dream :jonny: 

We got to the venue around 9, didn't let us in until 10, GodGa didn't come on stage until midnight :rip:

Show ended around 2AM

I saw Bobby walking around and he had a sour grouchy face

The show was incredible, and its a memory that I'll cherish forever. They took our phones away, and it was so nice to just be in the moment with Gaga and the music

When I tell you i got CHILLS during Joker and Close to You :clap3:

 

I've seen Gaga live 6 times now, but this one was special. It was cool too, because we got to see her in "work mode" instead of just "performer mode" that we always see -- she was doing multiple takes, interacting with the audience. Such a special night idk what else to say. Its a memory I'll forever cherish. I know I was shady and trolling about Harlequin on release day, but the reality is Gaga does this because she CAN. Not everyone has it in them to put on a show like this, to pull off the songs she sang. I feel so happy as a Gaga fan and very happy for her

Can't wait for you all to see the performance, the production design was SO COOL and she sounded PHENOMENAL 
 

did she have the same hair from last night's premiere?

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The reaction specifically in Korea is not shocking to me whatsoever considering the current situation ongoing between a growing incel culture and women feeling endangered and this film sort of feels like the antithesis of that

East Asia hates musical to the core, so it's not that much about incel culture but the movie's premise imo.

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The reaction specifically in Korea is not shocking to me whatsoever considering the current situation ongoing between a growing incel culture and women feeling endangered and this film sort of feels like the antithesis of that

East Asia hates musical to the core, so it's not that much about incel culture but the movie's premise imo.

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

2 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

I guess Gaga doesn't need to have dinner this week then.

 

AKWKTUe.gif

did Happy Mistake hang on in todays Spotify update or is it continuing to bomb even as a buzz track


 

:suburban:

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

people who love the first one generally dislike it so if you don't like the first one, the chance of you liking this one is a lot higher.

Also I think not supporting Gaga for a project she worked for this long is kinda disrespectful unless you really can't afford it. But that's all depends on you in the end.

5 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

Girl

 

Anyone saying this cannot complain about the BO numbers

Just now, GipJo said:

people who love the first one generally dislike it so if you don't like the first one, the chance of you liking this one is a lot higher.

Also I think not supporting Gaga for a project she worked for this long is kinda disrespectful unless you really can't afford it. But that's all depends on you in the end.

I hope this is a joke. Fans have no obligation to support everything she does. Even she's said similarly before about art. 

 

:suburban:

6 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

I mean, don't go see the movie if you really don't want to.

 

Just don't sell your ticket.

 

giphy.gif

 

Spoiler

or do what I did with HOG and sneak in a small bottle of alcohol

 

giphy.gif

 

30 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Gaga does this because she CAN

Exactly. Someone on twitter said this is one of those times when an artist has creative needs to fulfill, as opposed to the needs of her fans. Something OGHs or Feline Flops can't process.

To me being able to watch her on big screen is a privilege, like some of you take it for granted. In China this is her first time on a big screen, Chinese liddos used to rent theater to play ASIB and HOG after they went digital (technically illegal to do so):gaycat7:

2 minutes ago, Aden said:

I mean, don't go see the movie if you really don't want to.

 

Just don't sell your ticket.

 

giphy.gif

 

  Reveal hidden contents

or do what I did with HOG and sneak in a small bottle of alcohol

 

giphy.gif

 

Well, if it's true that people who didn't like the first one will like the second one and viceversa, maybe I'll watch it. I think Arthur Fleck is kinda cringey as the Joker so well...let's just say I wanna be surprised in a good way

 

why are ppl saying Gaga should have never done this movie? are u guys crazy lol. Ultimately this will be her biggest opening week at the box office meaning more exposure. YES it's not critically acclaimed and stuff but ultimately as a exposure move theres nothing that can promote her more. She'll have plenty of time to play in smaller indie films with acclaime I hope in the future but to turn down what was obviously a movie that had potential to be iconic would have been crazy. I'm glad she took it all things considered and we never know...this might become one of those cult classic films where the initial reception is horrible but something from it makes ppl enjoy it years later. Ultimately, the more movies gaga does the better. Good, bad and acclaimed. We need her to expand her filmography in general so for me I want her to act in as many films as she can. I hope this role will be the last where she has huge gaps. I know she is also a singer but lets be real. Gaga does not take time or invest in her music eras anymore either so she has PLENTY of time between albums to film movies or be in tv shows. Let's hope for more of that! Maybe a movie every two years and a cameo or mini series every 3 years or something. Great balance imo

40 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Guys last night felt like a dream :jonny: 

We got to the venue around 9, didn't let us in until 10, GodGa didn't come on stage until midnight :rip:

Show ended around 2AM

I saw Bobby walking around and he had a sour grouchy face

The show was incredible, and its a memory that I'll cherish forever. They took our phones away, and it was so nice to just be in the moment with Gaga and the music

When I tell you i got CHILLS during Joker and Close to You :clap3:

 

I've seen Gaga live 6 times now, but this one was special. It was cool too, because we got to see her in "work mode" instead of just "performer mode" that we always see -- she was doing multiple takes, interacting with the audience. Such a special night idk what else to say. Its a memory I'll forever cherish. I know I was shady and trolling about Harlequin on release day, but the reality is Gaga does this because she CAN. Not everyone has it in them to put on a show like this, to pull off the songs she sang. I feel so happy as a Gaga fan and very happy for her

Can't wait for you all to see the performance, the production design was SO COOL and she sounded PHENOMENAL 
 

finally a review from the recording on her actual performance. judging from the lack of praises from previous members i thought this is another one down the drain

TVrCRZr.gif

Edited by Mariah4life

3 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

I hope this is a joke. Fans have no obligation to support everything she does. Even she's said similarly before about art. 

 

:suburban:

I'm allowed to have my opinion, and I said it all depends on you, I'm not demanding anyone so kindly go away.:cm:

Still I don't get why people who HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM are discouraging other people to watch the movie by saying "oh but people are saying it's bad" :redface: Then yall will be the same people complaining about its  BO Numbers
 

Maybe your TL is curated to hate everything about Gaga but I quite literally have not needed to look for any reviews, they're all just coming up on my TL, some are mixed and negative but a huge chunk if not the majority are positive. If you haven't seen the film why are you defending people saying it's bad when there is an equal amount if not more people saying it's good? Truly blows my mind.
 

:deadbanana4: Go experience it in theaters and form your own opinions girlies. If you're broke then wait I guess for it to be pirated but my god I've seen at least 5 people who have yet to seen the film, quote literal people who HAVE seen the filming telling them they're opinion is wrong and the film is panned like :bibliahh: 

 

7 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm starting to think about...maybe not watching the movie until it's available to pirate? Like I know the lack of Gaga is gonna make me angry and I didn't really love the first one (or what I saw, cause it bored me to death)

 

You will likely be disappointed but there are some legitimately gorgeous sequences and Phoenix and Gaga are delivering strong performances for what they are given.

 

(very light spoiler)



The movie just takes its message (?) far too seriously to ever let either shine so what you end up with is a lot of courtroom where Joaquin is acting his ass off to say a whole lot of nothing with occasional cuts to Gaga smirking in the gallery. You will be bored if you were bored during the first one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.