Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

On 6/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, Sannie said:

Could you elaborate on why you feel Joanne was misconceived? I am genuinely curious as the album and the entire era felt very deliberate and planned out to me.

The era was very well-executed, but the album as a body of work was very messy imo. Aside from the sonic issues (it was way too pop/polished imo), the songs just don't tie together. It's a mess thematically and none of the songs come together to form any sort of well-rounded conclusion. 

 

It's an album (supposedly) about generational trauma but like 3 or 4 songs deal with it in any substantial way. And the rest of the songs aren't cohesive nor do they feel sprawling in an intentional way. Nor do the Americana influences feel especially organic to Gaga, her family, or their history. It just doesn't work as an album imo. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

6 hours ago, Sannie said:

Honestly, I could be conflating the two. It has been so long I may not be remembering correctly. :deadbanana: 

If I recall she was negative about it cause first it was a song she wrote for Britney then they didn’t pick it up, and she took it for her but she wanted to make it perfect and it was very stressful for her overall… 

9 hours ago, Sannie said:

Gaga has expressed similar negative sentiments towards songs like 'Telephone' in the past. It does not mean she was forced to record 'Telephone', right? She is an artist who is constantly critical of her work; she can like something one day and then the next dislike it. 

 

I do not think it behooves anyone to put words into her mouth or to create a false narrative that removes her autonomy as an artist just because you do not like a producer. Bloodpop did not and can not force Gaga to do anything. And if Gaga trusts his opinion and switches things up because of what he recommends, that is on Gaga and something she felt was necessary artistically.

Girl i aint putting no words in her mounth, she said it her damn self. I Can’t help it that she’s a messy b*tch.

2 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

The era was very well-executed, but the album as a body of work was very messy imo. Aside from the sonic issues (it was way too pop/polished imo), the songs just don't tie together. It's a mess thematically and none of the songs come together to form any sort of well-rounded conclusion. 

 

It's an album (supposedly) about generational trauma but like 3 or 4 songs deal with it in any substantial way. And the rest of the songs aren't cohesive nor do they feel sprawling in an intentional way. Nor do the Americana influences feel especially organic to Gaga, her family, or their history. It just doesn't work as an album imo. 

Basically her last 3 albums either didn't know what they wanted to be, didn't go far enough on production, didn't go far enough with lyrics etc. we need FULL on creative firestorm, gaga proucing some tracks herself. i expect it to flop no matter what but i want her best!

Just now, Aden said:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1668187318908231680?s=46&t=rUkdr4ELh5_if3cFJ3_fPA

 

Not another Venom movie competing with a Gaga movie again :ahh:

Watch those Venom pfp reappear in a heartbeat once the campaign begins :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Aden said:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1668187318908231680?s=46&t=rUkdr4ELh5_if3cFJ3_fPA

 

Not another Venom movie competing with a Gaga movie again :ahh:

Sony won't put it against JFAD so no worries about that. Hopefully it'll at least have 2-3 weeks between so JFAD can make money:ducky:

9 hours ago, Chaos Angel said:

I thought her criticisms on Telephone were more so regarding the chaos of shooting the music video, no?

 

She seems to enjoy Telephone, or at least performing it. It’s never been omitted from her setlist and she even chose it for the SB over other songs she could’ve replaced it with (Paparazzi/Alejandro/TEOG/Applause)

I don't know. If anything I feel like she always looks bored performing Telephone compared to when she performs Lovegame where she looks happy and full of life. 

14 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

Songs that Stans label as a TANK!1 such as Stupid Love are like 20x more successful than Padam. :deadbanana4: 

If Gaga were to release Padam Padam instead of Stupid Noise it would be 20x bigger with all the hype she had after ASIB :giraffe:

8 minutes ago, Aden said:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1668187318908231680?s=46&t=rUkdr4ELh5_if3cFJ3_fPA

 

Not another Venom movie competing with a Gaga movie again :ahh:

Does this mean we are getting another SMASH movie with Oscar noms and win(s)? :bird:

if GÁR had released Padam Padam it would have been hated at least as much as Stupid Bomb on here, the standards for her are just different

 

Marry The Gods

It’s coming on 14 years & I still can’t believe Gar released a song as iconic as Bad Romance. The ENERGY, the DRIVE, the TALENT of it all. Truly a barnstomper from the first “ohhhh” to the last “romance” :jonny3:

49 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I don't know. If anything I feel like she always looks bored performing Telephone compared to when she performs Lovegame where she looks happy and full of life. 

Quote

Gaga came to resent both the video and the song itself. She found the video to be overstuffed with ideas, tediously long, and too sloppy for the amount of money involved. But her feelings on the song itself are a bit more complex, as she elaborated on in an interview with Pop Justice.

“[…]ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me,” the “Bad Romance” singer said. “So when I say it’s my worst song, it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.”

 

1 hour ago, Aden said:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1668187318908231680?s=46&t=rUkdr4ELh5_if3cFJ3_fPA

 

Not another Venom movie competing with a Gaga movie again :ahh:

It's a third movie, not the first one with all the hype. I think Joker will be alright :rip: 

22 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

It's a third movie, not the first one with all the hype. I think Joker will be alright :rip: 

This is true. Superhero movies have began to lose their luster in recent years. And even though Joker 2 is somewhat "superhero-adjacent", it'll be offering something fresh whereas Venom 3 is likely going to offer the same formula most superhero movies deliver.

I’m gonna cry so hard if Gaga collabs with RedOne again. Like i’m gonna lose my mind for real. It’s such a ***** dream of mine… GAGA PLEASEEEE :jonny5: :jonny5:

I remember how upset the fans were when we knew the DWUW video wasn’t coming, but Jesus, the singular decision to hold back the release of that video is probably one of the smartest decisions Interscope/Gaga have made throughout her entire career. Can you imagine the lashings she’d constantly receive if that video ever officially released? Especially in this day and age? I’m surprised not more people know about the TMZ leaked footage. Her PR machine has done a fantastic job at keeping the R. Kelly mess at bay.

1 minute ago, Moloko Plus said:

I remember how upset the fans were when we knew the DWUW video wasn’t coming, but Jesus, the singular decision to hold back the release of that video is probably one of the smartest decisions Interscope/Gaga have made throughout her entire career. Can you imagine the lashings she’d constantly receive if that video ever officially released? Especially in this day and age? I’m surprised not more people know about the TMZ leaked footage. Her PR machine has done a fantastic job at keeping the R. Kelly mess at bay.

It would have had great short term benefits. The song would of been propelled to the top 5, maybe #1 

 

Long term, it would of been a disaster 

23 minutes ago, Moloko Plus said:

I remember how upset the fans were when we knew the DWUW video wasn’t coming, but Jesus, the singular decision to hold back the release of that video is probably one of the smartest decisions Interscope/Gaga have made throughout her entire career. Can you imagine the lashings she’d constantly receive if that video ever officially released? Especially in this day and age? I’m surprised not more people know about the TMZ leaked footage. Her PR machine has done a fantastic job at keeping the R. Kelly mess at bay.

R. K*l*y was not good for the era, and that's on period. 

However I wish we could've watched the video in its entirety, solely because of the footage from her recovery and late Born this Way Ball BTS. 

 

I think the nudity and all that wouldn't have been a real issue for her but the R. K*l*y simulated sex scenes were nasty. 

15 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

ARUTW 2x Plat in Italy (200k)

ASIB certs are massive lmao

 

Shallow will be above 10x plat in like every country sooner or later

 

atrl2.thumb.gif.07d2778392e4010df210226e

I would love to see her on Broadway and come for a Tony award. I see Jessica Chastain was nominated this year so it is doable. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.