Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I don't get how some people are seeing Burns on the potential production roster of LG7 and thinking we're getting soft rock like I think I saw some people speculating in here a few days ago.  Has he ever produced music like that before? :psyduck:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Give it up for Baby Gaga!! Perfect timing too with Pride month and all :clap:

 

BTW you will always be famous! :gaygacat9: (Funny thing I saw my mom scrolling through this performance on FB, and she was lowkey stanning :fan:)

 

 

Edited by aesthetic bih

4 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Slightly off topic but the Chromatica Ball still lives in my head rent free. Even if we don't get an official recording, the fanmade ones on YouTube are fantastic.

:clap3: I was looking through Natali's IG last night and came across this video. https://www.instagram.com/p/CgM8D-XpwBk/?hl=en The staging looks just as big and immersive as Beyonce and Taylor's (looks as big, not saying it was as big), but Gaga fans act like she was performing with a tiny, crappy stage.

 

2 hours ago, Darkgalord said:

This guy is obsessed with "exposing" celebrities and politicians but his obsession with Gaga is truly something else. 

:ahh:

https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1667663352762335234?s=20

https://twitter.com/WillSaveTheKids/status/1667668784310784000

 

dksjfhdsfkjdhfkdjshfdkjdshd :ahh: 

7 minutes ago, Sannie said:

:clap3: I was looking through Natali's IG last night and came across this video. https://www.instagram.com/p/CgM8D-XpwBk/?hl=en The staging looks just as big and immersive as Beyonce and Taylor's (looks as big, not saying it was as big), but Gaga fans act like she was performing with a tiny, crappy stage.

100%, I really like the Chromatica Stage, other than the fact that the platform should have been taller, as it would have been much easier to see her while standing. In terms of how big it is I think it's really good and I really like how it looks similar to Madonna's Blonde Ambition and Janet's Rhythm Nation with screens added to the side. I also love the tall platform in the middle of the stadium.

5 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Slightly off topic but the Chromatica Ball still lives in my head rent free. Even if we don't get an official recording, the fanmade ones on YouTube are fantastic.

 

 

This one is just :jonny5: Best performance of the tour, best song on the album. :jonny5:

I hope she keeps performing Replay in her future tours. :duca: The fact that she performed both Bloody Mary and Monster in more than one of her shows and both songs ended up gaining some great streaming boosts eventually. Repslay will follow! 

4 hours ago, Artur said:

 

 

This one is just :jonny5: Best performance of the tour, best song on the album. :jonny5:

I am so confused by this video. How did they get wide shots and what appears to be drone footage????

I have always felt her and her team have (not purposefully) picked the release of her leads at pretty awful times, there's either something monstrously big on the charts at the same time or it's during a season where the chart picks up seasonal releases and it always bodes her over. I know the creative process of putting an album together isn't as instant as "get this released now", but this is a quiet time on the charts and the perfect time for her to do something about it, but I presume nothing is ready.

 

However, another point on that to make is that her and her team should be ready to drop releases at any given time, even if they're standalone singles. I forever appreciate The Cure for that reason. Sure, it didn't do waves maybe in the way they expected, but still given the fact it's 2023 they don't need to be frightened by releasing something outwith an album package if they know that isn't somewhere they're ready to be at yet. I also understand they expect 2024 to be a big year for her with JFAD so maybe that's why they're waiting. Who knows.

19 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I still think that at least the lead is coming later this year. She doesn't wait until the album is fully finished to launch an era. So yeah, lead in the fall alongside new VeGaGas dates, album next year. And no, you ain't changing MY mind!

 

TIu20pr.gif

:dies:

4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Where are the Chromatica ball footages daily post

:gaygacat3:

I spoke with the legendary (he’s beyond nice and friendly btw) BZ briefly the other day and he said nothing from Gaga on the horizon. 
:chick1:
 

Hopefully he’s incorrect.

:chick3:

Edited by DonnieDarko

I can understand Joanne tour footages not being released because she wasn’t healthy when they filmed, several issues with the stage the days they filmed (the coincidences are too much - it always worked the other shows chile) but Chromatica Ball… she felt happier than ever…. So I won’t understand if they don’t release those footages…

9 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I can understand Joanne tour footages not being released because she wasn’t healthy when they filmed, several issues with the stage the days they filmed (the coincidences are too much - it always worked the other shows chile) but Chromatica Ball… she felt happier than ever…. So I won’t understand if they don’t release those footages…

I genuinely think it’s scrapped for good. I moved on already (and I was one of the biggest fans of the idea for it to be released on streamings). If something changes, great but it felt so good to let it go. 

 

Does anyone know why ”Fashion” isn’t playable/available globally?

6 hours ago, Artur said:

 

 

This one is just :jonny5: Best performance of the tour, best song on the album. :jonny5:

The Replay performance is my favorite too, it's absolutely incredible. The outfit might be my favourite outfit ever worn by a pop girl on tour. And the energy in the performance is unreal.

Random Joanne shower thoughts and light shade directed towards another artist: 

 

The main problem with Joanne is that it is not relatable to the general public. A folksy album like that needs to be relatable, but Gaga was too honest about her life. People have a difficult time relating to songs about being a hooker, songs about your father forcing you to fill the hole in his heart that was left by your dead aunt you never met, songs about dating tough older men that remind you of your father, songs about being a mother to millions of gays you have never met and songs about touching yourself when your lonely (most people do this one, but many people won’t publicly admit to it). 

5ft2 portrays all of this. Gaga does not filter her life at all. She shows how massively rich she is having people on call to plan her life, cook for her and massage her. Her main message is that even though she does not live like a normal person, she still has the same relatable human emotions. This message failed to come across and Joanne didn’t click with the general public. Only the raw emotions of Million Reasons did. 
 

Another artist desperately tries to be relatable to their audience of late gen-z/early millennial women that are disenchanted by life (and sad gays that desperately want to be accepted by straight people). This artist makes up their life story and pretends to be a poor college kid that drinks cheap rose on the floor and lives in a dorm. When in reality they have been a multimillionaire since they were 18 and has lived an overly glamorous life like Gaga, but pretends not to in their songs.
 

Is it better to lie about your life to be relatable or is it better to be honest about your life even when it is not relatable to the general public?

15 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

exactly

Gaga has said back in late 2022 that she has been working at home a lot and mentioned her music and how she went back to her TFM/BTW days in terms of not asking for others validation of her work like she used to recently

where did she say this? i dont remember the interview...

2 minutes ago, Bojana said:

where did she say this? i dont remember the interview...

Quote

"I spent all day today making art. All I did was create all day long, and I just stared at it and listened to it and just worked… It is a labour of love. And it’s important to do that because it’s a real privilege to make art. So you have to work hard because some people don’t have the privilege. [...] I'm actually really interested in living more of a life of solitude. It's really nice to just have time to be alone, and be expansive, and know that you're enough. I wish I could tell my younger self that. When I was younger, I spent a lot of time alone writing music. But the more successful I became, the more I felt like I needed other people to tell me I was great."

 

Lady Gaga is nominated at the 2023 Clef Music Awards for "CMA Popular Global Artist (Female).”
 

https://www.radioandmusic.com/clefmusicawards/2023/publicvoting/

 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

I can understand Joanne tour footages not being released because she wasn’t healthy when they filmed, several issues with the stage the days they filmed (the coincidences are too much - it always worked the other shows chile) but Chromatica Ball… she felt happier than ever…. So I won’t understand if they don’t release those footages…

She probably just didn't like the finished product. 

16 hours ago, IBeMe said:

There is kinda no hype or demand for a new album from her. I highly doubt she will be able to pull another 200k+ first week opening with LG7 if she releases it prior to Joker 2 tbh.

This is a really funny take when you consider that her first week sales have only continued increasing Joanne to ASIB to Chromatica. :dies:

 

Y'all act like because she's not Taylor Swift or Beyoncé or Drake, she's on the other extreme end of the spectrum of public interest like there isn't an in-between.

 

Joker candids going super viral years before the film's release is indicative of how much power the Gaga brand has. LG7 smashing or flopping will largely be reliant on the material but she's easily guaranteed a #1 barring any serious competitor.

2 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Random Joanne shower thoughts and light shade directed towards another artist: 

 

The main problem with Joanne is that it is not relatable to the general public. A folksy album like that needs to be relatable, but Gaga was too honest about her life. People have a difficult time relating to songs about being a hooker, songs about your father forcing you to fill the hole in his heart that was left by your dead aunt you never met, songs about dating tough older men that remind you of your father, songs about being a mother to millions of gays you have never met and songs about touching yourself when your lonely (most people do this one, but many people won’t publicly admit to it). 

5ft2 portrays all of this. Gaga does not filter her life at all. She shows how massively rich she is having people on call to plan her life, cook for her and massage her. Her main message is that even though she does not live like a normal person, she still has the same relatable human emotions. This message failed to come across and Joanne didn’t click with the general public. Only the raw emotions of Million Reasons did. 
 

Another artist desperately tries to be relatable to their audience of late gen-z/early millennial women that are disenchanted by life (and sad gays that desperately want to be accepted by straight people). This artist makes up their life story and pretends to be a poor college kid that drinks cheap rose on the floor and lives in a dorm. When in reality they have been a multimillionaire since they were 18 and has lived an overly glamorous life like Gaga, but pretends not to in their songs.
 

Is it better to lie about your life to be relatable or is it better to be honest about your life even when it is not relatable to the general public?

Joanne feels autobiographical to a fault. People, fans of Gaga or otherwise, can definitely appreciate being honest and direct about your life and personal experiences in your music, but when the song is incredibly specific about the artists life and goes as far as naming real people, you do risk losing the relatability that is extremely important in pop music. 

 

I think Joanne (the song) is one of Gaga's most beautiful songs, but there is very little chance I'll ever listen to it by itself and not skip it when it comes in shuffle. It's way too personal for Gaga, making listening to the song and singing along feel kind of awkward, even voyeuristic. But this is all just my personal issues with the album.

 

 

52 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

She probably just didn't like the finished product. 

That is the only answer. She is a perfectionist. 
 

Maybe one day when she’s older she will put them on streaming services. Like for Chromatica’s 20th anniversary 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.