Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, MonsterFandom said:

That still isn't stopping the article from being published, and I doubt it. Can you now go to a palestine thread instead of this one? I am so sick and tired of seeing delusional people writing about how comments from (mostly uneducated) celebrities will change the genocide. Do something useful please

Raising awareness that somebody is promoting crimes in a major publication using her name is more useful than whatever you think you're doing here. :1878188721_deadbanana2z-Copy:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

28 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

"Cause our love's the only war worth fighting for" 

She already spoke up :cm:

"Save me from this empty fight" her MIND 

 

:mayhem:

1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

"Cause our love's the only war worth fighting for" 

She already spoke up :cm:

I'm a killah

And boy you're gonna die tonight

 

She spoke this up too :giraffe:

If my song is getting looped into an active genocide because of paid for hasbara, you better believe I will push back in some way, but idk :biblionana:

 

It's kind of sad because there's so many people who really do like Gaga and her art but are turned off by her lack of action to distance herself from certain narratives (first with R Kelly, then Richy, now Zionism) and it sucks because the love and support she would receive from that portion of her fanbase by speaking out would outweigh the criticism by Zionists and haters. But oh well. I know it's a triggering topic for some members in this base so moving on I guess…

Edited by Edonis

Either this date had a lot of actual liddos or Speechless is actually a remembered hit oh wow wait!

 

 

Edited by Album Leak

7 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Either this date had a lot of actual liddos or Speechless is actually a remembered hit oh wow wait!

 

 

She had that quite iconic performance of it at the royal variety show which was a big deal that year because the Queen attended. So I could see it being remembered in the UK specifically especially by people who would go to a Gaga show. 

2 minutes ago, franminervini said:

Getting so many Taylor songs auto played. 💀 

From her new album?

My condolences

4 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

From her new album?

My condolences

Yeah, not listening to that thank you 😂

Sorry but I have to agree with the stance that she should have pushed back (or at least tried) on this article and the usage of her song for propaganda reasons. Truthfully, I don't know the ins and outs of how much of a say she has to be able to stop the public usage of her song, but I have to assume and hope she would have the most powerful say to initiate a pushback (or at least in discussion with Bruno), but maybe I'm wrong about how the industry works. And even if was a decision out of her hands, to play devils advocate here, I would hope she would at least publicly speak out on how she doesn't agree with the sentiment behind why the song is being used.

 

But this once again leaves me in a bit of a difficult spot with this situation. I don't know how much she guards herself from the internet or whatever, but there's been a certain narrative on the internet for the last two years now that she's a zionist and I've always wondered why it's never been something they've been willing to shoot down at any opportunity. Even if she's (doubtfully) unaware of that online stance, I would struggle to believe there was no one on her team who hasn't seen that narrative being made online. As said above, I respect this is maybe a touchy subject for a lot of people in the base and maybe even for her depending on certain factors, but my disappointment on her continued silence remains intact.

 

I know some say don't lean on your pop stars for political aptitude, but she's a powerful voice in her industry. And considering that she's never shied away from being unspoken on plenty of other political topics, I just wish she would this one, that's all.

29 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Either this date had a lot of actual liddos or Speechless is actually a remembered hit oh wow wait!

 

 

She better take this as a sign to keep the song until my date omfg

6 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Sorry but I have to agree with the stance that she should have pushed back (or at least tried) on this article and the usage of her song for propaganda reasons. Truthfully, I don't know the ins and outs of how much of a say she has to be able to stop the public usage of her song, but I have to assume and hope she would have the most powerful say to initiate a pushback (or at least in discussion with Bruno), but maybe I'm wrong about how the industry works. And even if was a decision out of her hands, to play devils advocate here, I would hope she would at least publicly speak out on how she doesn't agree with the sentiment behind why the song is being used.

 

But this once again leaves me in a bit of a difficult spot with this situation. I don't know how much she guards herself from the internet or whatever, but there's been a certain narrative on the internet for the last two years now that she's a zionist and I've always wondered why it's never been something they've been willing to shoot down at any opportunity. Even if she's (doubtfully) unaware of that online stance, I would struggle to believe there was no one on her team who hasn't seen that narrative being made online. As said above, I respect this is maybe a touchy subject for a lot of people in the base and maybe even for her depending on certain factors, but my disappointment on her continued silence remains intact.

 

I know some say don't lean on your pop stars for political aptitude, but she's a powerful voice in her industry. And considering that she's never shied away from being unspoken on plenty of other political topics, I just wish she would this one, that's all.

We shouldn't lean into pop stars for political aptitude, but it's still morally questionable to not speak on this issue (as it is for any of us, it's just she has a larger platform that would make a more tangible difference)

39 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Either this date had a lot of actual liddos or Speechless is actually a remembered hit oh wow wait!

 

 

Speechless and Monster are the biggest Gaga Deep Cuts during the Gaga Global Phenomenon.. of course it is remembered

this was the Most Viewed Live Performance at some point

 

Edited by FrederickGa

7 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

We shouldn't lean into pop stars for political aptitude, but it's still morally questionable to not speak on this issue (as it is for any of us, it's just she has a larger platform that would make a more tangible difference)

It's not morally questionable to not speak up, don't be ******* dense. If she was in a position of power where she can make change happen, THEN AND ONLY THEN is it "morally questionable."

 

just because your morals require everyone to be perfect all the time, doesn't mean it's EVERYONE'S morals.

 

Look at all these people who've spoken up:

 

Spoiler

Actors and Filmmakers

•  Joaquin Phoenix: Signed multiple letters calling Israel's Gaza actions "genocide"; appeared in a 2025 "Together for Palestine" video urging an end to killings; joined Film Workers for Palestine boycott of Israeli institutions.

•  Mark Ruffalo: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter for ceasefire and arms embargo; wore a red Artists4Ceasefire pin at the 2024 Oscars; called for U.S. to stop weapons to Israel.

•  Cynthia Nixon: Signed ceasefire letters; protested U.S. support for Israel on Capitol Hill; called for arms embargo in 2024 Artists4Ceasefire campaign.

•  Susan Sarandon: Joined CODEPINK protests against U.S. aid to Israel; attended pro-Palestine rallies; dropped by agency for comparing Jewish fear post-Oct. 7 to Muslim experiences.

•  Jonathan Glazer: Denounced Israel's actions in his 2024 Oscars speech for The Zone of Interest; signed Film Workers for Palestine letter accusing Israel of genocide.

•  Rooney Mara: Signed 2025 Film Workers for Palestine boycott pledge against Israeli film institutions "implicated in genocide."

•  Pedro Pascal: Added to 2025 open letter condemning film industry's silence on Gaza "genocide"; signed ceasefire petitions.

•  Jenna Ortega: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter; shared pro-Palestine graphics on social media.

•  Angelina Jolie: Called for immediate ceasefire as UN ambassador; donated $2.5M to Gaza aid; condemned denial of aid as "collective punishment."

•  Cate Blanchett: Signed Artists4Ceasefire open letter for ceasefire and hostage release.

•  Rachel McAdams: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Oscar Isaac: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Mahershala Ali: Wore Artists4Ceasefire pin at 2024 Oscars; called for U.S. arms embargo on Israel.

•  Riz Ahmed: Signed multiple letters; wore Artists4Ceasefire pin at Oscars; joined 2025 boycott pledge.

•  Olivia Colman: Signed 2025 Film Workers for Palestine boycott of Israeli institutions.

•  Javier Bardem: Signed 2025 boycott pledge; called Israel's actions "unrelenting horror."

•  Tilda Swinton: Signed 2025 boycott pledge.

•  Ayo Edebiri: Signed 2025 boycott pledge.

•  Guillermo del Toro: Signed 2025 letter condemning "genocide" in Gaza.

•  Juliette Binoche: Signed 2025 letter; referenced hostages but focused on Gaza civilian deaths in Cannes speech.

•  Ilana Glazer: Signed arms embargo call with Artists4Ceasefire.

•  Lupita Nyong'o: Signed ceasefire letter to Biden.

•  Janelle Monáe: Signed ceasefire letter.

•  Selena Gomez: Signed ceasefire letter; attended pro-Palestine fundraiser (despite some neutral posts).

•  Bradley Cooper: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Ben Affleck: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Kristen Stewart: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Channing Tatum: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Quinta Brunson: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Sandra Oh: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Jon Stewart: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  John Cusack: Vocal on social media against Israel's actions; called for end to U.S. support.

•  David Oyelowo: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Melissa Barrera: Fired from Scream for calling Israel's actions "genocide"; attended pro-Palestine march.

Models and Influencers

•  Gigi Hadid: Posted "Condemning the Israeli government is not antisemitic"; faced death threats from Israeli officials.

•  Bella Hadid: Vocal supporter of Palestine; shared ceasefire calls; signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

Musicians and Singers

•  Billie Eilish: Appeared in 2025 "Together for Palestine" video calling to "stop the killing"; wore Artists4Ceasefire pin at Oscars.

•  Finneas O'Connell: Appeared in 2025 video; wore pin at Oscars.

•  Cillian Murphy: Appeared in 2025 video (actor-musician crossover).

•  Dua Lipa: Called for ceasefire; criticized Israel's Rafah offensive; signed letters.

•  Katy Perry: Called for ceasefire after Rafah strike.

•  Halsey: Shared satellite images showing Gaza's destruction; called it "genocide visible from space."

•  Zayn Malik: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Frank Ocean: Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Michael Stipe (R.E.M.): Signed Artists4Ceasefire letter.

•  Annie Lennox: Ended 2024 Grammy tribute with "Artists for ceasefire, peace in the world."

•  Peter Gabriel: Appeared in 2025 "Together for Palestine" video.

•  Steve Coogan: Appeared in 2025 video.

•  Annie Mac: Appeared in 2025 video.

•  Macklemore: Released pro-Palestine song "Hind's Hall"; criticized Israel.

•  Paramore (band): Called for ceasefire; said they "cannot support a genocide."

Other Notable Figures

•  John Legend: Donated $100K to Save the Children for Gaza; called for "definitive ceasefire."

•  Chrissy Teigen: Co-donated with Legend; backed ceasefire demands.

•  Charlotte Church: Pulled out of UK festival over its Israel ties; sang pro-Palestine songs.

•  Ta-Nehisi Coates: Led open letter criticizing Israel's actions; faced agency backlash

Last I checked, kids were still being murdered. I'm so sorry she doesn't clear your morality standards, and I'm so sorry you're delusional to think Gaga would move the needle.

 

Greta Thunberg of all people is doing SOMETHING. That's real leadership, not some ass backwards statement that 50 people will be writing and proofreading for her so that she pisses off as few people as possible

 

I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I think Michael is the reason Gaga doesn't speak up anymore. He is her manager

I prefer if Gaga stays out of politics, we know where she stands and her views are. There's no point in making social media posts about every societal issue. :coffee2:

Lets say if she did make a #FreePalestine" post, what is that going to achieve exactly? Is that actually going to free Palestine? :skull: 


  

32 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

I prefer if Gaga stays out of politics, we know where she stands and her views are. There's no point in making social media posts about every societal issue. :coffee2:

Lets say if she did make a #FreePalestine" post, what is that going to achieve exactly? Is that actually going to free Palestine? :skull: 


  

Not a single person having a discussion about this believes that a singular Free Palestine post from Lady Gaga is going to end a 2-year ongoing genocide and a decade old history of conflict. That isn't and shouldn't be the take away from talking about this. She might even be pro-Palestine, who knows at this point until she speaks out about it. But to a lot of people, her silence is reading as her being on the wrong side of history on this one. And all we're saying is that's sad to see, given her public stances in the past.

Edited by Jack!

17 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

We also need a short documentary of the Gascography rate. Anything to make them vote for MAYHEM

 

8.gif

I imagine all of us getting interviewed about the results, only for me to end up in jail for making Hey Girl win the rate with a perfect 12 overall average score and Best Pop Duo 

 

8.gif

2 hours ago, Jack! said:

Sorry but I have to agree with the stance that she should have pushed back (or at least tried) on this article and the usage of her song for propaganda reasons. Truthfully, I don't know the ins and outs of how much of a say she has to be able to stop the public usage of her song, but I have to assume and hope she would have the most powerful say to initiate a pushback (or at least in discussion with Bruno), but maybe I'm wrong about how the industry works. And even if was a decision out of her hands, to play devils advocate here, I would hope she would at least publicly speak out on how she doesn't agree with the sentiment behind why the song is being used.

 

But this once again leaves me in a bit of a difficult spot with this situation. I don't know how much she guards herself from the internet or whatever, but there's been a certain narrative on the internet for the last two years now that she's a zionist and I've always wondered why it's never been something they've been willing to shoot down at any opportunity. Even if she's (doubtfully) unaware of that online stance, I would struggle to believe there was no one on her team who hasn't seen that narrative being made online. As said above, I respect this is maybe a touchy subject for a lot of people in the base and maybe even for her depending on certain factors, but my disappointment on her continued silence remains intact.

 

I know some say don't lean on your pop stars for political aptitude, but she's a powerful voice in her industry. And considering that she's never shied away from being unspoken on plenty of other political topics, I just wish she would this one, that's all.

There is literally 0 reason for her to say anything on this topic.

There is much to lose, nothing to gain.

2 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Either this date had a lot of actual liddos or Speechless is actually a remembered hit oh wow wait!

 

 

Gaga is so cute :jonnyknife:

7 hours ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

Wood came on autoplay after my daily dose MAYHEM ended today :suburban:

Wow that sounds awful what did you do :biblionana:

2 hours ago, franminervini said:

Getting so many Taylor songs auto played. 💀 

 move to Apple music :cm: 

 

2 hours ago, franminervini said:

Getting so many Taylor songs auto played. 💀 

Thank god I have autoplay off, Sabrina and Taylor aren't getting me :-*

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.