Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

33 minutes ago, bitchfit said:


Wins? Plural? :suburban:

I think they have pop duo on lock but SOTY doesn't feel realistic anymore. Her life as a General Field bridesmaid continues.  

I think it's way more realistic than we realise. The last few years no one has swept the general categories they like to have multiple people picking them up. If Billie gets AOTY, and Sabrina gets ROTY, it could leave SOTY open for them. Grammy voters like Bruno too, Silk Sonic took two general field categories a few years ago. I'm hopeful :lakitu: 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

38 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Miss Gaga & Mr Bruno will win SOTY and that's that. She'll collect it while wearing a dead, "diseased" corpse off of her bloody dress and messed up makeup 

 

:santa:

That's the only thing I'm bothered about now that she has the #1 and the IFPI entry, the GF Grammy!
Miley got it all last year, now it's Gaga's turn

To the people who want success: a long album is actually better, because the artist has more material out. You never know what is going to go viral on TikTok, what catches on with people and randomly becomes successful. Just think of Selena's "People You Know". Upon release no one, not 1 person thought it was in the top 5 of the album. Then it went viral and gained hundreds of millions of streams (currently her 6th most streamed song) and suddenly people pretend it was this masterpiece all along, when that was very much not the narrative before it went viral. Same with Camila's Shameless. Or Lana. Lana benefits from having a huge amount of music out, her songs go viral all the time and look how she is consistently in the most streamed females with no promo playlisting or radio support. The fact is, the more music you release the better.

J9jhP70.gif

 

 

Yeah Cowboy Carter is not cohesive at all but having so many tracks helped its streaming debut. Toucanne had already basically said it doesn't flow, so give us lots of tracks. We deserve it, and it'll help her streaming debut. Win win. 

Katy flop appearance on rupaul's drag race reminds me of how iconic was Gaga's episode. She has such commanding presence in every scenes, a true superstar 

 

 

Edited by MonsterJohn

On 1/2/2025 at 1:53 PM, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

I'm thinking about watching JFAD for the first time tonight. Is it really that bad? :emofish:

Just watched it and I thought it was kind of... good? :rip: I did fast forward some of the musical moments :emofish: cause they became tiresome at some point but I thought the court room/mental illness/revolution plot was interesting, the cinematography was beautiful and Joaquin and Gaga gave killer performances. It's not my favorite movie of all time but definetly didn't deserve to bomb

23 minutes ago, bitchfit said:

Yeah Cowboy Carter is not cohesive at all but having so many tracks helped its streaming debut. Toucanne had already basically said it doesn't flow, so give us lots of tracks. We deserve it, and it'll help her streaming debut. Win win. 

When LG7 is a tones and I mess with a 3bn streamed song then 19 other PopGa stan'd bops that scrape 30m streams and sound nothing like DWAS :santa:

5 minutes ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

Just watched it and I thought it was kind of... good? :rip: I did fast forward some of the musical moments :emofish: cause they became tiresome at some point but I thought the court room/mental illness/revolution plot was interesting, the cinematography was beautiful and Joaquin and Gaga gave killer performances. It's not my favorite movie of all time but definetly didn't deserve to bomb

Same, the movie was not even bad, I wasn't bored or annoyed by the musical stuff. It was and ok movie imo.

56 minutes ago, Europe said:

To the people who want success: a long album is actually better, because the artist has more material out. You never know what is going to go viral on TikTok, what catches on with people and randomly becomes successful. Just think of Selena's "People You Know". Upon release no one, not 1 person thought it was in the top 5 of the album. Then it went viral and gained hundreds of millions of streams (currently her 6th most streamed song) and suddenly people pretend it was this masterpiece all along, when that was very much not the narrative before it went viral. Same with Camila's Shameless. Or Lana. Lana benefits from having a huge amount of music out, her songs go viral all the time and look how she is consistently in the most streamed females with no promo playlisting or radio support. The fact is, the more music you release the better.

J9jhP70.gif

 

 

exactly like, quality might suffer as it did with lana, but most songs are still listenable in the end

Chromatica's album track streams are actually quite impressive when you compare it to similar albums and how the album did as a whole. 

Yes I agree. More tracks the better, you never know what will connect (even if it's years from now)

 

born this way (deluxe) is long af and sure maybe some songs are weaker than others, but there is a bar that they all pass in terms of quality imo. 

30 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

Katy flop appearance on rupaul's drag race reminds me of how iconic was Gaga's episode. She has such commanding presence in every scenes, a true superstar 

 

It was painful to watch, she looked so off and forced. Production 100% told her who the katykat was before she went into the werkroom, her message to the queens about leaning onto your character was... questionable for someone who takes pride in "empowerment", and she wouldn't stop saying "katykat" the entire time :deadbanana2:

 

Gaga's seemed more genuine and had fun: she went in as a contestant to gag everyone, she actually delivered an empowering message, and back stage she cared enough to write notes and give constructive criticism to everyone.

 

 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

When LG7 is a tones and I mess with a 3bn streamed song then 19 other PopGa stan'd bops that scrape 30m streams and sound nothing like DWAS :santa:

And we'll take it and run :santa: she's going full HagGa next album (in like 2030)

2 hours ago, frankvert said:

Oh Covidmatica, you're not the best as a whole but you certainly have some of Gar's very best career highlights (Alice, ROM, 911, Sour Candy, Enigma, Replay, 1000 Doves, Babylon) 

 

spacer.png

This SNEAK :toofunny3:

The verses/prechorus in disease are maybe her best ever

 


up there with Judas, bad romance, Alejandro, Bloody Mary 

Diseases

1. Chicken pox

2. Measles

3. Mumps

4. Flu

5. Hepatitis

6. Rabies

7. Polio

8. Norovirus

9. Whooping cough

10.

Covid 

:deadbanana:

 

 

I hope the Garden Of Eden MV will be as gorgeous as the Paparazzi one. :weeps:

 

 

Disease's music video is great but we definitely need another "all time" gaga music video on par with the grand over-the-top feeling of Judas, Alejandro, Telephone, Paparazzi and Bad Romance

 

those 5 music videos truly capture Gaga at her finest and I fear we haven't gotten a music video with that level of SERVE! since.

 

g.u.y. was a good attempt but didn't stick the landing— 911 and disease are good but not on the scale of the top 5.

 

we need that GIGANTIC serve. right? Right.
 

 

The quality of the music is certainly there (disease being an all time best) but I do selfishly crave a music video of legacy at some point during LG7

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Disease music video is great but we definitely need another "all time" gaga music video on par with the grand over-the-top feeling of Judas, Alejandro, Telephone, Paparazzi and Bad Romance

 

those 5 music videos truly capture Gaga at her finest and I fear we haven't gotten a music video with that level of SERVE! since.

 

g.u.y. Was a good attempt but kinda didn't stick the landing, 911 and disease are good but not on the scale of the top 5.

 

we need that GIGANTIC serve. The music is up there (disease being an all time best) but I do selfishly crave a music video of legacy at some point during LG7

Wonder when we will get word on Single/video #2. Hoping it gets released this month.

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Disease music video is great but we definitely need another "all time" gaga music video on par with the grand over-the-top feeling of Judas, Alejandro, Telephone, Paparazzi and Bad Romance

 

those 5 music videos truly capture Gaga at her finest and I fear we haven't gotten a music video with that level of SERVE! since.

 

g.u.y. Was a good attempt but kinda didn't stick the landing, 911 and disease are good but not on the scale of the top 5.

 

we need that GIGANTIC serve. The music is up there (disease being an all time best) but I do selfishly crave a music video of legacy at some point during LG7

I agree. Disease was good but she needs something truly excelent because unfortunately her work is always going to be held to the standart of some of the best pop music videos of all time. It's a tough act to follow.

Just now, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I agree. Disease was good but she needs something truly excelent because unfortunately her work is always going to be held to the standart of some of the best pop music videos of all time. It's a tough act to follow.

Exactly, when your bar is literally music video royalty (I believe bad romance follows quickly after thriller as the best/most iconic video of all time, with telephone/paparazzi closely after), the bar is high. 

1 minute ago, superglowy said:

Wonder when we will get word on Single/video #2. Hoping it gets released this month.

I'm really hoping this Monday/tuesday. Whew. We've been throughly entertained by DWAS success over the Christmas freeze but it's time for this base to defrost and for the hype train to blast straight ahead. You can tell by how many pages are flowing in this thread that the base is antsy for LG7 to continue.

I'll hold my head up high in wrongness if I'm incorrect, but I think DWAS is getting that soty win. It peaked at perfect timing and has two Grammy juggernauts attached 

Just now, Denim said:

I'm really hoping this Monday/tuesday. Whew. We've been throughly entertained by DWAS success over the Christmas freeze but it's time for this base to defrost and for the hype train to blast straight ahead. You can tell by how many pages are flowing in this thread that the base is antsy for LG7 to continue.

I'm thinking it will be 17/01 at the earliest. I'm happy 'DWAS' will get #1 so we can finally move the **** on from it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.