Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Nah I need black hair as the main look for this era and on the cover :coffee2: It just gives off a fierceness 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

Can someone explain to me how exactly DWAS helps the album? Will they just take DWAS' billion+ streams and tack it onto the album? How does that all work? :deadbanana: 

It helps in two different ways: on a weekly basis for weekly charts (like the Billboard 200) and overall for certifications. The latter is where the bigger help will be seen in my opinion.

 

If the song is still doing well when LG7 is released, the streams it gets that week will help the album debut better. One smash hit won't provide a make-or-break type of boost here though (for example, I calculated it for Rain On Me for Chromatica's debut and it only added something around 15-20K units if I remember correctly), but I think the more important help it will give the album is with longevity on the charts. The song could start dying down any day, yes, but seeing how well it's held on, there's a good chance it's stability (even if less by February) could help the album's weekly position on album charts since those weekly streams will be a part of what is counted towards the album's weekly units.

 

The second way it will help is with certifications, since they will take all the streaming activity from the beginning, convert that to sale unit equivalents, and include that with all the other sales and streaming activity for the album to come up with a total amount of units moved to certify the album. The same thing happens with any other pre-release single (such as Disease), so that's not anything special just because of the circumstances. This is the more poignant help in my opinion because LG7 will get the benefit of all the success DWAS has received since release and not just whatever it gets week-by-week after the album is out. For example, because of this, there's a chance LG7 will have accumulated around 500K units in the US and 2M units WW by the time it's released (depending how well the song holds up between now and then of course).

There are four different hair colors in Disease music video alone :dies:

 

The hair that she wears with the flannel is the same tone as DWAS

Just realized this person frequently posts here. 

 

 

Mental ILLNESS. 

The way this cute decision made Gatrl

 server broke again:ryan3:

24 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Just realized this person frequently posts here. 

 

 

Mental ILLNESS. 

Because he's not a fan, just another bored OGH troll :rip: 

27 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Just realized this person frequently posts here. 

 

 

Mental ILLNESS. 

Can the OP just thread ban him?:coffee2:

26 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Just realized this person frequently posts here. 

 

 

Mental ILLNESS. 

They're not the only one either. There's another one that does that, and that's not counting the IronFist dupe, nor the multiple OGHs that have been caught stalking the base multiple times. Can't say I blame them though, both Gaga's career and the Gagatrl base thread are extremely fun to follow :ryan3:

1 minute ago, Mr.Stardust said:

Can the OP just thread ban him?:coffee2:

Does the OP of a thread have the power to ban people from said thread? Because if so, I will gladly take the time to compile a list of OGHs who spent too much time in here  :sistrens:

5 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Because he's not a fan, just another bored OGH troll :rip: 

 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Stardust said:

Can the OP just thread ban him?:coffee2:

 

3 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

They're not the only one either. There's another one that does that, and that's not counting the IronFist dupe, nor the multiple OGHs that have been caught stalking the base multiple times. Can't say I blame them though, both Gaga's career and the Gagatrl base thread are extremely fun to follow :ryan3:

Next time we're seeing you here it's ON SIGHT, @Pop Fan.

 

:ryan3:

2 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Does the OP of a thread have the power to ban people from said thread? Because if so, I will gladly take the time to compile a list of OGHs who spent too much time in here  :sistrens:

Didn't the OP thread banned that bjork stan who always wants DarkGa and Dark Bops making a come back tho?:santa:

Just now, Mr.Stardust said:

Didn't the OP thread banned that bjork stan who always wants DarkGa and Dark Bops making a come back tho?:santa:

I thought that user (postus iirc) either got perma'd or requested a perma :rip: 

After some consideration, I feel that Disease is still the lead for this era.

DWAS gets to be relegated to a (wildly successful) promo single 😘 

Who was that one chart-obsessed user from Turkey that posted an audio clip of him in the base singing sour candy and expected people to post their clips back? :deadbanana2: I still scream when I think about that 

14 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Because he's not a fan, just another bored OGH troll :rip: 

You clocked me, I fear

 

I'm a huge fan of TF, TFM and BTW. On the other side, I really dislike Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica. The quality difference between these albums is so massive and you really can't deny that there is one.

28 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

You clocked me, I fear

 

I'm a huge fan of TF, TFM and BTW. On the other side, I really dislike Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica. The quality difference between these albums is so massive and you really can't deny that there is one.

Reported. I encourage the rest of the base to do the same. 

 

You need to be threadbanned. 

How can you even say that, sure it underperformed but Applause, G.U.Y, ARTPOP (song), Mary Jane Holland, Donatella, Fashion are as good Gaga songs as any. A lot of people love Venus, Aura, Gypsy too. The album is fine.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Artur said:

Didn't she say in that interview that she's been in the studio lately? I would not be surprised if she changed a few songs from the record to songs closer to DWAS. Kinda makes sense with all the new "chaos" and "different genres" narratives.

 

spacer.png

@flopga

 

I don't deny that Joanne and Chromatica lack a certain oomf in comparison to her other work, but be ffr, ASIB and her latest projects are quality. Disease, Harlequin, and DWAS all have great production.

Edited by TedLasso

I don't deny that Joanne and Chromatica lack a certain oomf in comparison to her other work, but be ffr, ASIB and her latest projects are quality. Disease, Harlequin, and DWAS all have great production. Anyone who lumps all those projects under the same umbrella isn't listening. 

38 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

You clocked me, I fear

 

I'm a huge fan of TF, TFM and BTW. On the other side, I really dislike Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica. The quality difference between these albums is so massive and you really can't deny that there is one.

 

 

I know we've ranked just about everything in this base, but have we done a ranking of types of OGHs from most weird to least? I definitely think that ex-stan OGHs tend to be the weirdest/most obsessed, but there's so many different kinds that are all so strange so :skull: 

Lol im gonna leave this thread now. Ive sobered up. But like i wasnt even that mean, I just said some things you may disagre with. So yeah you can move on if you were annoyed that much by me

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.