Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

So Disease is the second single?

promo single, gift for the fans, last minute post-JFAD-bombage single, surprise release for Halloween etc etc

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

17 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I don't deny that Joanne and Chromatica lack a certain oomf in comparison to her other work, but be ffr, ASIB and her latest projects are quality. Disease, Harlequin, and DWAS all have great production. Anyone who lumps all those projects under the same umbrella isn't listening. 

the production on her albums keep getting better. As magnificent as BTW is, it sounds like a bunch of silverware banging around in a tin can most of the time. :jonny: It worked at the time, but didn't age well.

 

I don't revisit Chrome very often, but when I do, I am taken aback by how well it was produced (imo). 

 

6 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

So Disease is the second single?

Semi-promo single meant for fans.

 

Streets are saying it's the most successful, highest charing semi-promo single meant for fans in history.

We'll say the DWAS aesthetic bridged blonde-ga to LG7-ga with her hair getting darker. Disease chased out the DWAS girl. Exhibit B: the two LG7 leads together in one video:

 

5967f78b4952a82f8f3ad247030f66d1db95398d

 

Oh Gargar, you always knew...

17 minutes ago, Sannie said:

the production on her albums keep getting better. As magnificent as BTW is, it sounds like a bunch of silverware banging around in a tin can most of the time. :jonny: It worked at the time, but didn't age well.

 

I don't revisit Chrome very often, but when I do, I am taken aback by how well it was produced (imo). 

 

Semi-promo single meant for fans.

 

Streets are saying it's the most successful, highest charing semi-promo single meant for fans in history.

I agree that BTW can sound a it noisy at times with metallic sounds but I like that much better than Chromatica's too polished and watered down production. BTW has much more uniqueness and Gaga's personality compared to Chromatica. And I dont think BTW did not age well. It is the album with her most recurrent plays for a reason.

34 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

So Disease is the second single?

Single 1.5

I'm happy with the decision. Liddos kinda had a rough 2024 with JFAD so she saved the fanbase thousands of meltdowns by putting DWAS on the album.

 

We always play little managers and this is a move we would have complained about if she didn't do it. DWAS being a droplet just wouldn't have sat right with me, a song this massive deserves an album. Now it might backfire and she may get a few lashings but truthfully why shouldn't she put a song on her album that she worked on while working on her album.

My only hope is shes able to blend it sonically and also visually because right now its a little jarring. If we were in like 2010 and we had a proper era I'd like to see her blending the orange and black wig together, start using the eyelashes or makeup from DWAS or maybe just give us another world with single #3 that is also very different from DWAS/Disease so it plays into the chaos. I think now if she goes full dark visual with the black hair and full on goth that would be kinda weird? So she'll have to find a balance. The look she had for that Elton special where she was wearing the victorian pink dress might be a clue of other things to come because she also had a victorian dress for carpool karaoke but in a darker version. She did say the album shifts genres so as long as the album isn't full industrial and then randomly DWAS I'll be happy.

59 minutes ago, paperfectdelusion said:

promo single, gift for the fans, last minute post-JFAD-bombage single, surprise release for Halloween etc etc

Hunnay, we don't pull out that katykats excuse card :deadbanana2:

Now, you all fagcharters won't disrespect the incredible song that Disease is. DWAS can only wish to have that kind of personality.

 

spacer.png

 

Disease was and still is the lead single. DWAS is only included on LG7 because of its numbers, and thinking otherwise is just dumb. :coffee2:

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Disease chased out the DWAS girl. 

 

 

She sure did tried 

15 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Now, you all fagcharters won't disrespect the incredible song that Disease is. DWAS can only wish to have that kind of personality.

 

spacer.png

 

Disease was and still is the lead single. DWAS is only included on LG7 because of its numbers, and thinking otherwise is just dumb. :coffee2:

 

 

 

Cmon sis I'm sad you're mad about this decision :noparty: LG7 is just gonna be very eclectic :bird:

LG7 will get a solid 6.0 from Pitchfork del Rey, and that's still cool in my book. :giraffe:

59 minutes ago, gagalips said:

Now release the album early too in January to gather DWAS streams while it's hot

That would be such a big brain move from her :jonny4:For christmas she could announce that marry christmas monsters it's coming sooner!

23 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Cmon sis I'm sad you're mad about this decision :noparty: LG7 is just gonna be very eclectic :bird:

I'm not mad, I promise! :dies: I know it might come across that way in writing, but I'm really just "disappointed" and I completely understand (commercially) why they did it. :bird:

 

I don't care about it that much, at the end of the day if I will feel that DWAS doesn't fit, I'll just hide it in the tracklist and enjoy the rest of the album without a second thought. :suburban:

 

 

i'm just a little scared that the album was changed or at least some of the tracks were scrapped

like in the beginning (may/august) the album was all about darkness

now it's kinda about different genres and different parts of her :/ (carpool karaoke being the biggest indicator of the new promo tactic)

 

bonus: the way a Gesaffelstein track came on shuffle while i was typing this, omg i'm so excited for what the two of made can create nsafjalfkakfl;a;fkl;s :jonny4:

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

I'm not mad, I promise! :dies: I know it might come across that way in writing, but I'm really just "disappointed" and I completely understand (commercially) why they did it. :bird:

 

I don't care about it that much, at the end of the day if I will feel that DWAS doesn't fit, I'll just hide it in the tracklist and enjoy the rest of the album without a second thought. :suburban:

 

 

Fair enough :hug:

 

Meanwhile I'm wondering how Bruno's doing mentally after this decision 

 

spacer.png

 

2 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Fair enough :hug:

 

Meanwhile I'm wondering how Bruno's doing mentally after this decision 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Fair enough :hug:

 

Meanwhile I'm wondering how Bruno's doing mentally after this decision 

 

spacer.png

 

I thought about this yesterday when I heard the news. I think Gaga gave a call to Bruno and Bruno said "sure lady go for it, it's your song too". The thing is I am wondering if Bruno ever considered putting it on his next album?

 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

11 hours ago, Devin said:

and gaga x gessafelstein ………. :jonny3:

Was this confirmed?

10 minutes ago, Anna Mesha. said:

Was this confirmed?

Yup! She confirmed it herself.

 

 I loved collaborating with all the DJs and Gesaffelstein on my new album. I loved learning about industrial music and about all the different crevices of electronic music

 

 

 

Edited by Infernal Paradise

15 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

Poor Disease being demoted to a Halloween promo buzz single

Gaga said

 

 

TTH

2.(=) DWAS

35.(=) Disease

 

Timeless #1, Abel on cover

Guys let's play a mini game. What track number do you claim for LG7, based on her past discography?

 

For example, track 4 in every album:

Spoiler

Poker Face

Speechless

Judas

Sexxx Dreams

John Wayne

Rain On Me

 

World On A String

I'm gonna go and claim 11:

Spoiler

Paper Gangsta

-

Heavy Metal Lover / Fashion Of His Love - standard/special versions

Mary Jane Holland

Angel Down

Enigma

 

Close To You

 

 

Would be fun to go back to this when the album's out... or during the tracklist reveal :ryan3:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.