Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Devin said:

dwas inclusion made more noise than #that deluxe is wild.

ย 

spacer.png

we take our wins where we canย images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTuYRU22o19I5tWQhV4vI

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, Florence Belch said:

Oooooh, stan the Hey Girl, goat-voiced chanteuse, get ready to be blessedย :gaycat4:

ย 

It's always best to not take ourselves too seriously, so I'm always here for a good sh!tposting time (and meltdown mode provides the best kiis)ย 

ย 

:ryan3:

Oh Hey God, the underappreciated masterpiece that you areย :worship2:

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

36 members oh wow LG7 1 Million copies first week confirmedย :WAP:

Spoiler

when i step in the room the fruit flies are attracted. the minute i will dip from the base this thread will coming crashing down once again.

your welcome elderly folk ...im yallz xmas gift:gaycat1:

Live Update: 32(-6)

ย 

EDIT: oops I meant -4 omgย air.png

ย 

ย 

Edited by IBeMe

10 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

it's not even that her songs are too polished (truth be told...sometimes Gaga's music needs some finesse)...it's more so that Peggy's entire discog is uninspired sample fests. Like yes i get the subculture of electro pop music using loops and samples and stuff but she overdoes it imo and her music often sounds FLAT. I love me some smooth, soft, ethereal music. I dont think Peggy provides that but if true...let's see if Gaga can sail it in that directionย ย 

Nothing but truth here. Also I heard she doesn't actually produce any of her music (as plenty of big name, constantly touring DJs do not) so it would be really funny if Gaga collabed with her ghost producer.

1 minute ago, Dumbledore said:

Oh Hey God, the underappreciated masterpiece that you areย :worship2:

Hey Goat, can you hear me? Are you holding out your heart?

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTuYRU22o19I5tWQhV4vItTendsHm-lCt62Q&s

ย 

Hey Nose, do you sneeze me? Sometimes I go too faaaaar

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTuYRU22o19I5tWQhV4vItTendsHm-lCt62Q&s

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

the change in narrative and addition of DWAS to LG7 despite her actively saying it would not is indicative of the fact that she and interscope thought Disease was going to move numbers. Now they realize the record may not sell so they will add DWAS to help cushion the numbers. idk how to feel about it tbh..but it's not that big a deal overall...just not ideal imo

What bothers me a bit is that, while I understand she is still under a label that wants money in the end, she is Lady ******* Gaga. This considering that Interscope is actually making her change plans regarding the entire era, of course. I thought she was at a point in her career where she would have more artistic freedom. For better or for worse, this is already yet another Gaga era that was changed last minute.

ย 

Even with D flopping, the song is still gonna surpass the entire 143 album in a few weeks. It's not like it's a ultra panned bomb so far.

Edited by Artur

Though I see it as a bit of a cheap move, I think Gags is allowed to sneak one ballad for success because she will compensate with Notorious God. I'll let it pass just this time Gaguitaย :tsk:

Edited by Dumbledore

Quote

between video shoots this week at a Santa Monica recording studio. She was wearing an elaborate white gown with a long train and pointy shoulders, and her braided blond hair was tucked beneath a headband for a vaguely "Midsommar"-ish look.

So she is filming :DWAS:

59 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

the change in narrative and addition of DWAS to LG7 despite her actively saying it would not is indicative of the fact that she and interscope thought Disease was going to move numbers. Now they realize the record may not sell so they will add DWAS to help cushion the numbers. idk how to feel about it tbh..but it's not that big a deal overall...just not ideal imo

She desperately needs DWAS to carry her new album. LG7 will follow the Disease chart trajectory. I'm very sacred for its longevity because the gp won't be tuning in. There is not big demand/interest for a new Gaga album in 2024. I'm predicting this to be her Witness (exl. DWAS)

3 hours ago, DiamondHoe said:

Damn ma is it that seriousย 

If there's one artist I'm allowed to get in my feelings for it's GรR.

2 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

She desperately needs DWAS to carry her new album. LG7 will follow the Disease chart trajectory. I'm very sacred for its longevity because the gp won't be tuning in. There is not big demand/interest for a new Gaga album in 2024. I'm predicting this to be her Witness (exl. DWAS)

DWAS will keep it a float. It's a massive hit. Commercially it will probably be like Joanneย 

13 minutes ago, Artur said:

What bothers me a bit is that, while I understand she is still under a label that wants money in the end, she is Lady ******* Gaga. This considering that Interscope is actually making her change plans regarding the entire era, of course. I thought she was at a point in her career where she would have more artistic freedom. For good or for worse, this is already yet another Gaga era that was changed last minute.

ย 

Even with D flopping, the song is still gonna surpass the entire 143 album in a few weeks. It's not like it's a ultra panned bomb so far.

imo i think we are undermining her decision abilities whenever a "mistake" seemingly occurs in her career or eras etc...I think this may be Gaga's own doing. Like you said, she is at a point in her career where you'd think she;d have more say in important decisions like her tracklist so blaming it all on interscope would be insincere tbh. I actually think this decision may have legit been a dual decision by her and Interscope. While we think Gaga is above charts i think a part of her still wants a hit here and there (which is totally normal...she never sold herself as being above the fray of chart fascination. She has had clear strategic chart collabs like with Blackpink and Ariana and she is a commercial pop artist at the end of the day so i dont hold it against her).

ย 

I just think we need to get real and understand that some of these decisions are greenlit by Gaga herself and that she isnt always at a place of perpetual pressure and victimhood at the hands of Interscope. I think adding DWAS was a choice she came up with or interscope suggested after disease flopped and she agreed with it and ultimately its ok...it just feels a little weird cuz like u said..it's another last minute decision that is totally strategic and charts focused and it feels a little off/odd.

Edited by IBeMe

As long as it actually fits in the context of the album and Interscope didn't make her rework the other songs to sound more commerical it's fineย 

Honestly i just want the quality and the GAGA factor that we see peaking out in some tracks like dancing in circles and babylon and such. Maybe I'm just old and listen to more flops than I did back when I first joined but I just want good music.

It's so weird how we've already heard two songs from LG7.

4 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

She desperately needs DWAS to carry her new album. LG7 will follow the Disease chart trajectory. I'm very sacred for its longevity because the gp won't be tuning in. There is not big demand/interest for a new Gaga album in 2024. I'm predicting this to be her Witness (exl. DWAS)

ok now sis u had me until that last bit :deadbanana2:

let's establish this: Gaga will NEVER have a bomb like Witness or 143 imo (tho Witness actually dids respectable figures overall tbh). Her music is too good to go THAT unoticed but i get what you are saying. There certainly is a major lack of interest around new Gaga music and it ism ostly due to a precedent of messy eras, lack of pop music for years / long gaps AND her distasteful sponsorships like Nurtec which turned off a large segment of her dedicated left leaning fan base. That said, I dont think the inclusion of one song, no matter how big, can actually turn things around THAT MUCH. Certaintly DWAS will help the record reach plat which is cool but is that how we determine an albums' success? I think if nothing else makes any noise the album will be deemed a flop regardless because she needs something to stick when the record is out not nearly half a year ago like DWAS will have been by the time LG7 is out...idk...there is cause for concern but also lets not overstate it. She will still end up with a plat album so no Katy Khia asylum for at least another era or two :-*ย 

Anyway, all Gaga needs to do is sell the world of the album (which is normally her forte and she is going big with her headline shows next year); outside DWAS, the disconnect I'm having at this stage of a roll out, compared to any of her previous records, is that we still haven't got anything concrete. Drop the pre-order / album announcement. Let us feel the fantasy.ย 

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

Anyway, all Gaga needs to do is sell the world of the album (which is normally her forte and she is going big with her headline shows next year); outside DWAS, the disconnect I'm having at this stage of a roll out, compared to any of her previous records, is that we still haven't got anything concrete. Drop the pre-order / album announcement. Let us feel the fantasy.ย 

yeah we need some world building tbh...that should have been the narrative since Disease came out...like give us another Kindness Punk and tribes BS again (but make it good this time lol)ย 

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

imo i think we are undermining her decision abilities whenever a "mistake" seemingly occurs in her career or eras etc...I think this may be Gaga's own doing. Like you said, she is at a point in her career where you'd think she;d have more say in important decisions like her tracklist so blaming it all on interscope would be insincere tbh. I actually think this decision may have legit been a dual decision by her and Interscope. While we think Gaga is above charts i think a part of her still wants a hit here and there (which is totally normal...she never sold herself as being above the fray of chart fascination. She has had clear strategic chart collabs like with Blackpink and Ariana and she is a commercial pop artist at the end of the day so i dont hold it against her).

ย 

I just think we need to get real and understand that some of these decisions are greenlit by Gaga herself and that she isnt always at a place of perpetual pressure and victimhood at the hands of Interscope. I think adding DWAS was a choice she came up with or interscope suggested after disease flopped and ultimately its ok...it just feels a little weird cuz like u said..it's another last minute decision that is totally strategic and charts focused and it feels a little off/odd.

Yeah, I actually think she is probably the main reason for most of her messy rollouts. Nnnn. One of the many things I lowkey love about her, she is all over the place. :deadbanana4:

ย 

I just hate the sudden narrative of DWAS "always being a missing part of the album". Like, just add it there and enjoy the success, queen. Justifying will only make it worse.

ย 

Also, I do think she still has it in her to snatch hits. I just can't understand how the hell they thought Disease (same for SL and PI) was a surefire hit, if that was the case. Song does not sound like anything smashing out there. She may eventually hit the spot and get a smash out of something different. However, if they are aiming for hits, it would much easier to do it by crafting something smoother and less gritty.

4 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Commercially it will probably be like Joanneย 

I thought this as well! I don't think it'll be Gaga's critical darling either. LG7 will not be that success we're all secretly hoping for unfortunately.ย 

ย 

I think Coachella, her return to Brazil, and maybe a possible transition into festivals for the year (maybe I'm reading too much into the Bonnaroo comment she made :rip:), Wednesday, and the announcement of her next big project will also keep things afloat for her but I don't think it'll make waves for commercial impact.ย  If TCB's impact on Chromatica told us anything, it's that we should really be hoping LG7 limps to 40 weeks on the BB200 :rip:. I know we're all curious as to what next year holds, but I really don't think it's going to have the in-your-face and "she's back" impact.ย 

ย 

Spoiler

I'm really expecting the fan and audience reception to LG7 to be around the same as Chromatica, tbh.ย 

ย 

i'm shook she actually added DWAS to the album.ย 

If Disease was a #1 hit single or even Top5 or Top2 she wouldnt add dwas.ย 

ย 

We failed her!ย 

I dont see dwas fitting the album considering snippets we already heard but i hope they make it work.ย 

ย 

At least this album wont flop in streaming. DWAS alone will push this album over 3B streams at the end of 2025.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.