Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

yeah, I think we can be sure that the album isn't coming out til the next year. she would never release in the same period as Taylor. it's much smarter to wait for a month when there's not much releases and then do it. she's been doing that with previous two acts too 

 

however, I'm still hopeful we get the CC tour film by the end of the year on Netflix + live album + Ren film and album on streaming too 

 

lead single could come early in 2026 with the album shortly after

 

however, we could never know what she's up to 

I mean Taylor announced TTPD a week before the CC announcement and single release, which ultimately came out a month before TTPD 

 

I'm not saying that we should expect anything soon, but I wouldn't use that as a gauge. 

Matriach is such a good read, took it on holiday to read by the pool and the way it makes you feel like you're in 1960's Texas living it all is really incredible 

 

so cool to just see such a personal view of Tina's life, especially touching how accepting the whole family was of Johnny's sexuality in such a different time 

So the Opus soundtrack was done by The Dream and Nile Rogers that came out this March.  I'm curious if they cooked together while working with Beyonce.  The songs are rock tinged with some 80s elements

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

I mean Taylor announced TTPD a week before the CC announcement and single release, which ultimately came out a month before TTPD 

 

I'm not saying that we should expect anything soon, but I wouldn't use that as a gauge. 

yeah, but Bey released the album first. it wouldn't be smart releasing soon after Taylor and I doubt she'll release it before her this time

2 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

So the Opus soundtrack was done by The Dream and Nile Rogers that came out this March.  I'm curious if they cooked together while working with Beyonce.  The songs are rock tinged with some 80s elements

they did CUFF IT together! im sure there's more

I'm hoping Blue convinces our mother to do a surprise performance at the VMA's that consists of of hits/popular deep cuts between Act I & II from BMS to Tyrant followed by the lead single for Act III with a winter album release date.  

 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

Matriach is such a good read, took it on holiday to read by the pool and the way it makes you feel like you're in 1960's Texas living it all is really incredible 

 

so cool to just see such a personal view of Tina's life, especially touching how accepting the whole family was of Johnny's sexuality in such a different time 

I listened to her read the audiobook of it and it's such a fascinating listen/read!

To think all she needed to do was release a damn country album to finally get all her things. :sabrina: 
 

Nothing is happening this year but the CCT doc/film, most likely on netflix lol

5 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

To think all she needed to do was release a damn country album to finally get all her things. :sabrina: 
 

This is the album where it finally got into the heads of the old guard (who have been trying to block her for years) that she's the real deal.

No one else today is still switching genres, taking risks, and making impact at 28 years in. She doesn't depend on her catalog for anything. 

On 8/11/2025 at 7:23 PM, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think its funny you stan Bey and yet believe shes just going to repeat a formula lol

the girls must be talking about another bey :ahh:

39 minutes ago, YR. said:

Nothing is happening this year but the CCT doc/film, most likely on netflix lol

Fingers crossed that you're right about that one 

  • Popular Post
1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This is the album where it finally got into the heads of the old guard (who have been trying to block her for years) that she's the real deal.

No one else today is still switching genres, taking risks, and making impact at 28 years in. She doesn't depend on her catalog for anything. 

The pattern of her continuously losing AOTY at the Grammys really showed their asses and birthed so many discourses over the years.. Cowboy Carter kind of checkmated them by switching genres to a historically white dominated and racist genre and it proved it really does take a non-Urban genre or whatever to win the general field award (while also collecting every other country record in existence :sabrina:.) There needs to be a study on her career post-4 of her going against the industry machine/norm, she really is the biggest risk taker after Madonna I fear. Unconventional rollouts from the Friday release standard, surprise dropping full length films and albums, refusing to follow radio EDM/Dance-pop trends, refusing to follow the quick TikTok formula even though her songs go viral every week, funding her own company and using that to advocate for herself controlling almost every aspect of her brand + maximizing her own bag.

 

This entire era her haters has been screaming 'PR propaganda' or whatever when it's generally known Neck has literally one of the least media presences.. which doesn't even work in this social media brainrot age of oversharing. Keeping control over her own image so the media doesn't spin it like they do with many of her troubled peers and those came before her = PR propaganda it seems... Real record breaking stadium tour grosses = PR propaganda is seems while a certain fanbase is salivating over arena records with the same dynamic pricing they cried about. She literally doesn't even do anything, a conversation spawns with everything she does... it's so crazy how Cowboy Carter is STILL talked about unlike the albums that released that year, it's so effortless for her. :rip: She rarely campaigns for her work, doesn't have to play up her relatable underdog image going on late night shows to conjure up random stories every album rollout, or network high profile relationships like its the prom-queen cheerleading for the football crush at the finals like its a white American dream Disney Channel movie, or continue parasocial relationships when all she does is drop her art and pays everyone dust moving on about her life until it's time to tour. The most she even tried to be relatable is when she started gooning on camera for Cecred. She's kind of the anti-music industry if you think real hard about it with an edible, she doesn't play the game and if she does it's by her own terms. :chick1: Whew Cowboy Farter... the legendary era that you are... :jonnycat:

Edited by Starshine

Re: Act III

 

I feel like I'm at the end of a really good American anthem performance where the singer has nailed everything up to "...flag was still there", and you know they're about to take it on home with the final two lines.

 

This trilogy has been a remarkable journey of history, music, legacy, and art. Maybe this is premature, but unless she really goes left, she may have just pulled off her "Off The Wall - Thriller - Bad - Dangerous - HIStory" studio album run (if we start in 2013). The streams and sales will continue to pile up over time, so I'm not worried about that comparison.

 

Can't wait to see what Beyoncé has in store musically and visually because she has been working non-stop since 2019 refining this project. Bring it on home.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

Y'all, as much as we love Beyonce and the power she holds (literally arguably the most powerful female artist alongside Madonna and Taylor, in history). Let's not act like Beyonce would release during Taylor's release. If there's one thing Beyonce loves more than music itself is creating a MOMENT. And no way in H*LL is she gonna ruin her #1 debut album streak for one of the most important albums of her career alongside Taylor. It's not smart at all and would completely overshadow the intention behind ACT III.

 

Beyonce isn't "scared" of Taylor, moreso she is someone that is very intentional and loves creating a cultural moment based on the music alone. And she knows what releasing alongside Taylor will do and she's not about that. Beyonce would not release while Taylor is and that's ok to admit.

20 hours ago, Tate said:

I cant decide if Beyonce or Destinys Child has a better discography , I been listening to a lot of both lately. I think b leaving destinys child let beyonce get more sexy and raunchy. Michelle woulda never allowed that in destinys child so much to discover on my binges:duca:Survivor is the best destinys child album and i didnt much care for the last one minus the singles and t shirt. But omg survivior is so good and epic. BTW i head check on it was originally a dc3 song which would explain that intro. Some people on the internet swear its kelly on verse 2. Also michelle shoulda gotten a solo in independent women

As someone whose a fan of both DC and the girls as solo artists (really just Bey & Kelly, but Michelle and LaToya have had some great moments), I don't think any of their music is comparable to DC music, especially Bey. While all of the girls have made strides to separate their personal sound from DC, they've gain the chance to experiment more than they did in DC because their grown, making solo music, while evolving as completely different woman with different life experiences. 
 

To me, while DC music holds a special place, overtime, it's became more so because of nostalgia, rather than the art. I believe "Survivor" and "Destiny Fulfilled" are the only two album where they held majority of control and incorporated more of their life experience, yet "Survivor" is one of the worst album in the history of music. . . I may be over reacting, but it's honestly bad. 
 

Their solo music is not only superior because they get a chance to speak on their own, but you see a different side of them you just don't get on the group setting. Beyoncé wanted to rebel against the industry with "4" and "BEYONCÉ", but was experiencing real life issues that translated into "LEMONADE" and "EVERYTHING IS LOVE". Kelly experienced huge success with "When Love Takes Over" and created a Pop/EDM album, but felt like R&B music was being overlooked, so she created "Talk A Good Game". 
 

In no world would DC release "Partition" or "Motivation", they sure as hell wouldn't be able to release "Dirty Laundry" or "Don't Heart Yourself". It's their solo deep cuts and albums track that enhances their discography beyond their earlier recordings with DC. 
 

 

Of course, this only my opinion and 99.999% subjective. Not to take away from your opinion and musical experience! 

Edited by TizTiz

Why does it say CD on Beyonces belt buckle in the jumping jumping video ? I'm going through DC and Beyoncé videography 

39 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This is the album where it finally got into the heads of the old guard (who have been trying to block her for years) that she's the real deal.

No one else today is still switching genres, taking risks, and making impact at 28 years in. She doesn't depend on her catalog for anything. 

This is why it's all so bittersweet to me.


I love that our girl understands that it's all a game and plays the game accordingly. I don't doubt her creative expression/exploration, but I'm sure they braced for more mainstream love from critics and GP by going Country as well as bracing for the critique too.

 

I think i'll always feel a way that she's most rewarded when she veers **away** from her more conventional Beyonce material, when her Becky peers are given the same rewards for releasing the same album over and over.

 

I'll take the wins when and where we get them (especially as she's owed so much retroactively), but it's an uncomfortable truth (for me) nonetheless.

all of them are prettier!

FB-IMG-1755052693650.jpg

Edited by Tate

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.