Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

I find it really difficult to rate Lemonade and compare it to her other albums. Obviously, it's nearly perfect and one of her best, but it just doesn't feel like a normal "album". First of all, it's very short, with only 12 songs, one of which is barely a song (Forward) and the other is kind of a closer that doesn't entirely connect to the album (Formation). So it's basically 10 songs, and each serve a very specific narrative purpose. It's impossible for me to listen to the album without thinking of the film (which is a good thing btw, it means the visuals were actually impactful). I always felt like the film structure informed which songs were chosen rather than the other way around. It's more like a soundtrack than an album imo. Not a critique, it just stands out among her discography and I struggle to say whether it's better or worse than her other post IASF albums. Anyone else agree?

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

2 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I find it really difficult to rate Lemonade and compare it to her other albums. Obviously, it's nearly perfect and one of her best, but it just doesn't feel like a normal "album". First of all, it's very short, with only 12 songs, one of which is barely a song (Forward) and the other is kind of a closer that doesn't entirely connect to the album (Formation). So it's basically 10 songs, and each serve a very specific narrative purpose. It's impossible for me to listen to the album without thinking of the film (which is a good thing btw, it means the visuals were actually impactful). I always felt like the film structure informed which songs were chosen rather than the other way around. It's more like a soundtrack than an album imo. Not a critique, it just stands out among her discography and I struggle to say whether it's better or worse than her other post IASF albums. Anyone else agree?

I feel the same way, It's kind of strange how I separate it from the rest of her albums mentally

4 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

2 days without her and y'all are already setting yourself up by hoping she'll debut a new album lead single in a jeans commercial? :deadbanana2:

Well ofcourse, babe.

Welcome to the Beyhidration.

:gaycat5:

43 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I can rate it just fine and it's mid to me 

clean your ears out and listen again

 

:khalyan2:

  • Popular Post

Vegas Night 2 Review

 

Spoiler

We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines. There were tons of people walking up, and I could see lines wrapping around the gates. It was hot, and I just kept thinking, "Please let this move fast." I had no idea my tickets were Will Call because when I went to Renaissance, I just had regular section 100 tickets. So after waiting in line for about 20 minutes, we finally got to the ticket scanners—only to be told, "Oh, these are Will Call tickets. You need to pick them up over there."

 

So we went to that line, waited another 20 minutes, and then found out we were in the wrong Will Call line again. We had to go to the VIP line—which, of course, had no wait at all. Super annoying, because we basically wasted an hour in the heat walking and standing in lines we didn't even need to be in.

 

Once we got inside, though, it was surreal. I'd never had floor access before. Walking into Club Hoedown felt like stepping into a whole other world—so many people, wild outfits, full-on Beyoncé fans everywhere. It wasn't even that packed yet, maybe 35% full, but all the barricade spots along the stage and catwalk were already taken. I wanted that barricade so bad, but I still managed to get close—maybe three or four people back from the catwalk.

 

As the place filled up, I started getting nervous. There were so many tall people, hats, signs, big hair everywhere. I held my ground, though, and didn't let anyone cut in front of me. At one point, this girl tried to push through saying, "Excuse me," like she was returning to her original spot, but nobody had seen her before. She squeezed in with two friends, got some attitude from people around me, and then five minutes later, she left complaining about how "people are so rude." Honestly, I was glad—she was tall with huge hair and totally blocking my view.

 

The wait felt endless. I think we got to our spot around six, but Beyoncé didn't go on until nine. After 8:30, everyone started getting restless, like, "Okay, what's happening?" A few times, the stadium erupted in random screams because people spotted celebrities. I turned around and realized Oprah and Gayle were on the elevated platform, along with the Kardashians. Later in the show, I also noticed Lance Bass standing just a couple feet from me, but it didn't really click who he was until she was performing "Daughter."

 

Once the show finally started, it was incredible. The production, the visuals, the costumes—everything. Her voice in person throws me off every time, though. It's so much higher-pitched live than on the albums or even in recordings of the tour. It's not bad, just surprising. I tried to find a better balance this time between recording and being in the moment. For Renaissance, I spent too much time fussing with zoom and angles. This time, I mostly just held my phone up and trusted it while I actually enjoyed the show.

 

The best moment was during "Ya Ya." She walked down the catwalk and stopped right in front of me. Even though I wasn't on the barricade, I was only three people back, and she was looking directly at us. Sustained eye contact. I was staring into Beyoncé's eyes and I was gagging 

 

Other highlights? Jay-Z coming out for "N***** in Paris," the Destiny's Child reunion, and the Renaissance section—easily my favorite part. That's when I got the closest to tearing up. I was screaming the lyrics, and it felt like my own moment. Also, the Mute Challenge? We killed it. Dead silent in the pit. I could only hear a few distant screams from the very top of the stadium.

 

By the end of the night, my feet and back were killing me, but it was a 10/10 experience. The only thing I'd change is I wish the people around me had more energy—like, nobody was doing the "Diva" airplane choreography, and I wanted to see people really go off during the Renaissance section.

 

For Act 3, I know what I'm doing. I'm getting pit tickets again, I'm getting there early, I'm locking in a barricade spot, and I'm making eye contact with Beyoncé again. And if I can get to the closing night? Even better

 

10 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

2 days without her and y'all are already setting yourself up by hoping she'll debut a new album lead single in a jeans commercial? :deadbanana2:

I don't think she'll do allat. I just think the end of the tour felt very conclusive of the whole era compared to Renaissance (the Renaissance continues… etc. versus the final ride). I think there's a possibility the ad could mark the shift from Act II era to Act III. Don't think she'll drop music during that. Just an aesthetic shift. She also went plat blonde as part of the aesthetic shift from Renny to CC, kinda right after Renny, so could be similar this time round.

6 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Vegas Night 2 Review

 

  Reveal hidden contents

We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines. There were tons of people walking up, and I could see lines wrapping around the gates. It was hot, and I just kept thinking, "Please let this move fast." I had no idea my tickets were Will Call because when I went to Renaissance, I just had regular section 100 tickets. So after waiting in line for about 20 minutes, we finally got to the ticket scanners—only to be told, "Oh, these are Will Call tickets. You need to pick them up over there."

 

So we went to that line, waited another 20 minutes, and then found out we were in the wrong Will Call line again. We had to go to the VIP line—which, of course, had no wait at all. Super annoying, because we basically wasted an hour in the heat walking and standing in lines we didn't even need to be in.

 

Once we got inside, though, it was surreal. I'd never had floor access before. Walking into Club Hoedown felt like stepping into a whole other world—so many people, wild outfits, full-on Beyoncé fans everywhere. It wasn't even that packed yet, maybe 35% full, but all the barricade spots along the stage and catwalk were already taken. I wanted that barricade so bad, but I still managed to get close—maybe three or four people back from the catwalk.

 

As the place filled up, I started getting nervous. There were so many tall people, hats, signs, big hair everywhere. I held my ground, though, and didn't let anyone cut in front of me. At one point, this girl tried to push through saying, "Excuse me," like she was returning to her original spot, but nobody had seen her before. She squeezed in with two friends, got some attitude from people around me, and then five minutes later, she left complaining about how "people are so rude." Honestly, I was glad—she was tall with huge hair and totally blocking my view.

 

The wait felt endless. I think we got to our spot around six, but Beyoncé didn't go on until nine. After 8:30, everyone started getting restless, like, "Okay, what's happening?" A few times, the stadium erupted in random screams because people spotted celebrities. I turned around and realized Oprah and Gayle were on the elevated platform, along with the Kardashians. Later in the show, I also noticed Lance Bass standing just a couple feet from me, but it didn't really click who he was until she was performing "Daughter."

 

Once the show finally started, it was incredible. The production, the visuals, the costumes—everything. Her voice in person throws me off every time, though. It's so much higher-pitched live than on the albums or even in recordings of the tour. It's not bad, just surprising. I tried to find a better balance this time between recording and being in the moment. For Renaissance, I spent too much time fussing with zoom and angles. This time, I mostly just held my phone up and trusted it while I actually enjoyed the show.

 

The best moment was during "Ya Ya." She walked down the catwalk and stopped right in front of me. Even though I wasn't on the barricade, I was only three people back, and she was looking directly at us. Sustained eye contact. I was staring into Beyoncé's eyes and I was gagging 

 

Other highlights? Jay-Z coming out for "N***** in Paris," the Destiny's Child reunion, and the Renaissance section—easily my favorite part. That's when I got the closest to tearing up. I was screaming the lyrics, and it felt like my own moment. Also, the Mute Challenge? We killed it. Dead silent in the pit. I could only hear a few distant screams from the very top of the stadium.

 

By the end of the night, my feet and back were killing me, but it was a 10/10 experience. The only thing I'd change is I wish the people around me had more energy—like, nobody was doing the "Diva" airplane choreography, and I wanted to see people really go off during the Renaissance section.

 

For Act 3, I know what I'm doing. I'm getting pit tickets again, I'm getting there early, I'm locking in a barricade spot, and I'm making eye contact with Beyoncé again. And if I can get to the closing night? Even better

 

Glad you had fun!

 

But also the way you started with "We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines" was giving

 

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Vegas Night 2 Review

 

  Hide contents

We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines. There were tons of people walking up, and I could see lines wrapping around the gates. It was hot, and I just kept thinking, "Please let this move fast." I had no idea my tickets were Will Call because when I went to Renaissance, I just had regular section 100 tickets. So after waiting in line for about 20 minutes, we finally got to the ticket scanners—only to be told, "Oh, these are Will Call tickets. You need to pick them up over there."

 

So we went to that line, waited another 20 minutes, and then found out we were in the wrong Will Call line again. We had to go to the VIP line—which, of course, had no wait at all. Super annoying, because we basically wasted an hour in the heat walking and standing in lines we didn't even need to be in.

 

Once we got inside, though, it was surreal. I'd never had floor access before. Walking into Club Hoedown felt like stepping into a whole other world—so many people, wild outfits, full-on Beyoncé fans everywhere. It wasn't even that packed yet, maybe 35% full, but all the barricade spots along the stage and catwalk were already taken. I wanted that barricade so bad, but I still managed to get close—maybe three or four people back from the catwalk.

 

As the place filled up, I started getting nervous. There were so many tall people, hats, signs, big hair everywhere. I held my ground, though, and didn't let anyone cut in front of me. At one point, this girl tried to push through saying, "Excuse me," like she was returning to her original spot, but nobody had seen her before. She squeezed in with two friends, got some attitude from people around me, and then five minutes later, she left complaining about how "people are so rude." Honestly, I was glad—she was tall with huge hair and totally blocking my view.

 

The wait felt endless. I think we got to our spot around six, but Beyoncé didn't go on until nine. After 8:30, everyone started getting restless, like, "Okay, what's happening?" A few times, the stadium erupted in random screams because people spotted celebrities. I turned around and realized Oprah and Gayle were on the elevated platform, along with the Kardashians. Later in the show, I also noticed Lance Bass standing just a couple feet from me, but it didn't really click who he was until she was performing "Daughter."

 

Once the show finally started, it was incredible. The production, the visuals, the costumes—everything. Her voice in person throws me off every time, though. It's so much higher-pitched live than on the albums or even in recordings of the tour. It's not bad, just surprising. I tried to find a better balance this time between recording and being in the moment. For Renaissance, I spent too much time fussing with zoom and angles. This time, I mostly just held my phone up and trusted it while I actually enjoyed the show.

 

The best moment was during "Ya Ya." She walked down the catwalk and stopped right in front of me. Even though I wasn't on the barricade, I was only three people back, and she was looking directly at us. Sustained eye contact. I was staring into Beyoncé's eyes and I was gagging 

 

Other highlights? Jay-Z coming out for "N***** in Paris," the Destiny's Child reunion, and the Renaissance section—easily my favorite part. That's when I got the closest to tearing up. I was screaming the lyrics, and it felt like my own moment. Also, the Mute Challenge? We killed it. Dead silent in the pit. I could only hear a few distant screams from the very top of the stadium.

 

By the end of the night, my feet and back were killing me, but it was a 10/10 experience. The only thing I'd change is I wish the people around me had more energy—like, nobody was doing the "Diva" airplane choreography, and I wanted to see people really go off during the Renaissance section.

 

For Act 3, I know what I'm doing. I'm getting pit tickets again, I'm getting there early, I'm locking in a barricade spot, and I'm making eye contact with Beyoncé again. And if I can get to the closing night? Even better

 

 

Sounds like you had a great time!

 

When I went to RWT, my pit tickets were also will call because I bought them the day before the show when they released more, they really should tell you that, because I had the same experience as you.  Some how I still ended up at the barricade.

 

The very first time I saw her live, I also was floored that her voice sounds so much higher pitched - it's kinda wild.

 

I did show up to my DC show around 5, and ended up with only one person in front of me at the barricade.  What I will say though, is the barricade makes a huge difference in how you feel, if you have it to lean on, you don't hurt as bad :rip:

 

 

 

 

Is it just me or does Threads have the dumbest users with the most asinine takes out of any social media platform? Like why are you showing me a MAGA thread equating Beyoncé's levis ad with the American eagle "great jeans" ad. 

4 hours ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

Is it just me or does Threads have the dumbest users with the most asinine takes out of any social media platform? Like why are you showing me a MAGA thread equating Beyoncé's levis ad with the American eagle "great jeans" ad. 

I assume its heavily impacted by bots, I simply can't take the amount of idiocy and conspiracies serious (and any sane person shouldnt). 

4 hours ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

Is it just me or does Threads have the dumbest users with the most asinine takes out of any social media platform? Like why are you showing me a MAGA thread equating Beyoncé's levis ad with the American eagle "great jeans" ad. 

I've seen this fan made version being posted around, a lot of people seemingly think it's real :deadbanana2:

 

GxDdb3oXAAAYRsQ.jpg:large 

I'm just back from Vegas after seeing the final show, what an experience! Never in a million years did I think Destiny's Child were going to show up, I was just buzzed that Bey was doing Energy, I thought she had just left the stage to put on a runway outfit, so when the Independent Woman interpolation started, I LOST MY ****! 
 

I was in the section in front of the end of the runway and I would say not many people knew the COWBOY CARTER songs around me and some people in front and behind me left before the show was even half way through, which I thought was unbelievable. There was also a woman in my row sleeping for a lot of the show, but Vegas was HOT, so I'll give her some grace.

5 hours ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

Is it just me or does Threads have the dumbest users with the most asinine takes out of any social media platform? Like why are you showing me a MAGA thread equating Beyoncé's levis ad with the American eagle "great jeans" ad. 

I've tried to stop using Instagram, but each time I'm on there, I get assaulted by previews of Threads about how horrible Beyonce is.  I don't have that app, so they want me to click in and see more.  I'm pretty sure it's a concerted Meta strategy to take the data they have of what you like most on Instagram, and feed you Threads hating on it to provoke you into signing up and responding.  It's literal rage bait to try and boost their failing Twitter knockoff.

Edited by ShouldersSideways

I hardly can take any social media anymore, too much ridiculousness 

Oh how I want to close my eyes, go to bed, wake up the next morning and see Act3 being fully released like that. :jonny5:

 

18 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Vegas Night 2 Review

 

  Reveal hidden contents

We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines. There were tons of people walking up, and I could see lines wrapping around the gates. It was hot, and I just kept thinking, "Please let this move fast." I had no idea my tickets were Will Call because when I went to Renaissance, I just had regular section 100 tickets. So after waiting in line for about 20 minutes, we finally got to the ticket scanners—only to be told, "Oh, these are Will Call tickets. You need to pick them up over there."

 

So we went to that line, waited another 20 minutes, and then found out we were in the wrong Will Call line again. We had to go to the VIP line—which, of course, had no wait at all. Super annoying, because we basically wasted an hour in the heat walking and standing in lines we didn't even need to be in.

 

Once we got inside, though, it was surreal. I'd never had floor access before. Walking into Club Hoedown felt like stepping into a whole other world—so many people, wild outfits, full-on Beyoncé fans everywhere. It wasn't even that packed yet, maybe 35% full, but all the barricade spots along the stage and catwalk were already taken. I wanted that barricade so bad, but I still managed to get close—maybe three or four people back from the catwalk.

 

As the place filled up, I started getting nervous. There were so many tall people, hats, signs, big hair everywhere. I held my ground, though, and didn't let anyone cut in front of me. At one point, this girl tried to push through saying, "Excuse me," like she was returning to her original spot, but nobody had seen her before. She squeezed in with two friends, got some attitude from people around me, and then five minutes later, she left complaining about how "people are so rude." Honestly, I was glad—she was tall with huge hair and totally blocking my view.

 

The wait felt endless. I think we got to our spot around six, but Beyoncé didn't go on until nine. After 8:30, everyone started getting restless, like, "Okay, what's happening?" A few times, the stadium erupted in random screams because people spotted celebrities. I turned around and realized Oprah and Gayle were on the elevated platform, along with the Kardashians. Later in the show, I also noticed Lance Bass standing just a couple feet from me, but it didn't really click who he was until she was performing "Daughter."

 

Once the show finally started, it was incredible. The production, the visuals, the costumes—everything. Her voice in person throws me off every time, though. It's so much higher-pitched live than on the albums or even in recordings of the tour. It's not bad, just surprising. I tried to find a better balance this time between recording and being in the moment. For Renaissance, I spent too much time fussing with zoom and angles. This time, I mostly just held my phone up and trusted it while I actually enjoyed the show.

 

The best moment was during "Ya Ya." She walked down the catwalk and stopped right in front of me. Even though I wasn't on the barricade, I was only three people back, and she was looking directly at us. Sustained eye contact. I was staring into Beyoncé's eyes and I was gagging 

 

Other highlights? Jay-Z coming out for "N***** in Paris," the Destiny's Child reunion, and the Renaissance section—easily my favorite part. That's when I got the closest to tearing up. I was screaming the lyrics, and it felt like my own moment. Also, the Mute Challenge? We killed it. Dead silent in the pit. I could only hear a few distant screams from the very top of the stadium.

 

By the end of the night, my feet and back were killing me, but it was a 10/10 experience. The only thing I'd change is I wish the people around me had more energy—like, nobody was doing the "Diva" airplane choreography, and I wanted to see people really go off during the Renaissance section.

 

For Act 3, I know what I'm doing. I'm getting pit tickets again, I'm getting there early, I'm locking in a barricade spot, and I'm making eye contact with Beyoncé again. And if I can get to the closing night? Even better

 

im glad you had fun! being on the floor for Beyonce for the first time is such a core memory, getting to see her face to face is UNREAL. that's the best part for sure!

5 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I've tried to stop using Instagram, but each time I'm on there, I get assaulted by previews of Threads about how horrible Beyonce is.  I don't have that app, so they want me to click in and see more.  I'm pretty sure it's a concerted Meta strategy to take the data they have of what you like most on Instagram, and feed you Threads hating on it to provoke you into signing up and responding.  It's literal rage bait to try and boost their failing Twitter knockoff.

This is how I was feeling! I deleted that and hid it from my insta a few hours ago. I ended up reading some racialized discourse that nearly made me break my phone

  • ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I find it really difficult to rate Lemonade and compare it to her other albums. Obviously, it's nearly perfect and one of her best, but it just doesn't feel like a normal "album". First of all, it's very short, with only 12 songs, one of which is barely a song (Forward) and the other is kind of a closer that doesn't entirely connect to the album (Formation). So it's basically 10 songs, and each serve a very specific narrative purpose. It's impossible for me to listen to the album without thinking of the film (which is a good thing btw, it means the visuals were actually impactful). I always felt like the film structure informed which songs were chosen rather than the other way around. It's more like a soundtrack than an album imo. Not a critique, it just stands out among her discography and I struggle to say whether it's better or worse than her other post IASF albums. Anyone else agree?

i call lemonade a pivotal masterpiece.

 

similar to kendrick's "not like us" the message in the music has a huge impact on society it translates into a movement, aesthetic, or another realm that becomes greater than the music. she knew during ST era creating a visual album not only connects the music but perspective — making it easier to capitalize on translating her emotions to the viewing audience.

 

in my opinion, each song on the album express different stages of grief and how one navigates thru those stages. then the last 2 songs all night & formation express different routes ppl take after experiencing that grief. she makes the album further standout by doing the opposite to what society expected and intentionally going against industry politics i.e. caring abt streams, charts, and etc. also, she diffused most things (i seen) society tried labelling her from past eras in the most elegant way.  

 

its certainly not a bad album; however, not an instant goto for me either. but its an essential album that needed to happen in her career. 

3 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I hardly can take any social media anymore, too much ridiculousness 

Lmao...you will learn to stop paying it attention. Hive dumb selves will never fail to amplify it...Everytime

On 7/30/2025 at 1:56 AM, Crayzik said:

21-beyonce-cr-mason-poole-2022-billboard-1240.jpg?w=1240

 

I remember being so excited about this cover because I thought it was part of BMS video...little did I know I was the visual all along :suburban:

i mean.....technically it *is* 

The way this list is SO OFF! :deadbanana2:
 

 

Like where did they get this information!? :ahh:

Edited by cuteboyzay

Act I: America Has A Problem 

Act II: American Requiem 

 

 

…

 

Act III:spacer.png

 

 

14 hours ago, tachiwaka said:

Glad you had fun!

 

But also the way you started with "We got to the stadium a little after five, and I was already worried about the lines" was giving

 

tenor.gif

I'm screaming :skull:

13 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

 

Sounds like you had a great time!

 

When I went to RWT, my pit tickets were also will call because I bought them the day before the show when they released more, they really should tell you that, because I had the same experience as you.  Some how I still ended up at the barricade.

 

The very first time I saw her live, I also was floored that her voice sounds so much higher pitched - it's kinda wild.

 

I did show up to my DC show around 5, and ended up with only one person in front of me at the barricade.  What I will say though, is the barricade makes a huge difference in how you feel, if you have it to lean on, you don't hurt as bad :rip:

 

 

 

 

Sister I got these tickets the day Vegas 2 was announced. I did realize after the fact there were emails leading up to the event explaining everything, but I unfortunately was not checking them. 
 

trust you will see me in the Act III film on the barricade :gaycat2:

3 hours ago, yonsé said:

im glad you had fun! being on the floor for Beyonce for the first time is such a core memory, getting to see her face to face is UNREAL. that's the best part for sure!

It was CRAZY. My phone went out of focus when she was right in front of me which is tragic but the memory is in my heart and I got a lot of good footage anyways! I lowkey need to try converting some of it to the 3D on my Apple Vision Pro and see what it's giving :gaycat3:

Edited by Anvarie

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.