• Replies 108.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

The gag is, is that Dubai is likely to only get her base show, they probably  paid 24 million only to get Live at the Wynn. :bibliahh:

18 minutes ago, Beyondslay said:

Wtf going on in here? :deadbanana2:

Beyoncé has made a disgusting choice and the bootlickers in here are gaslighting those who are unhappy she's making a decision to perform in a homophobic country that has laws in place to either criminalise or kill gay people.

But hey, at least the bootlicking Hive can cheer that she's got more money in her bank. Honestly, and we say some of the other fan bases are trash? The behaviour in this thread is disgusting.

39 minutes ago, Shelter said:

spacer.png

My most played album, artist, and song this year were all Bey so if you’re judging my taste you’re just judging your own :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Any chances this might still be fake like that Milan show?

Or is it for real confirmed?

I think the people that booked her confirmed. I'm still disappointed the first performance for an album dedicated to disenfranchised queer people is at a country where sucking dick gets you stoned but I've accepted Beyonce is all about her bag. I wish other stans weren't actually celebrating this though, we can love her and still hold her accountable. 

1 hour ago, Space&Time said:

But who told ya’ll she is going their to debut performances from Renaissance? She could be rehashing the formation world tour and do a snippet of BMS soul for good measure. 

Im sure another 3million will convince her to perform Rennie in full and just insist on the performance not being recorded.

tenor.gif

beyonce is my absolute fave but this is.... wow..you're really gonna perform material dedicated to your late gay uncle by first performing where it is illegal to be gay. People trying to defend her by saying "omg her bag!" or "the US isnt any better!" are delusional 

I’m starting to feel like she actively chose to pander to the gays with this album and to use our culture for profit while completely neglecting us at the same time especially after this news of her performance in dubai…

11 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I’m starting to feel like she actively chose to pander to the gays with this album and to use our culture for profit while completely neglecting us at the same time especially after this news of her performance in dubai…

Bey = homophobic confirmed 

Little Monsters were right from the get go 

tenor.gif

50 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

My most played album, artist, and song this year were all Bey so if you’re judging my taste you’re just judging your own :coffee2:

I’m not. I’m laughing at what you said 

44 minutes ago, QueenB said:

beyonce is my absolute fave but this is.... wow..you're really gonna perform material dedicated to your late gay uncle by first performing where it is illegal to be gay. People trying to defend her by saying "omg her bag!" or "the US isnt any better!" are delusional 

It’s not defending anything. You are desensitised to what the US is like. 

We don’t know what she is performing 

12 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Bey = homophobic confirmed 

Little Monsters were right from the get go 

tenor.gif

How poorly she treated this era is beyond homophobic indeed

tenor.gif

The fact that it’s happening in Dubai is less disappointing than the fact that it’s a probably a private event with no phones allowed/encouraged and the first people to hear renaissance live or see a Beyoncé concert in the last 4 years are the ultra wealthy. 

If the performance is not shown to fans it shouldn’t be happening, not after we got no promo or visuals this era 

Edited by PrettyHurts

5 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

The fact that it’s happening in Dubai is less disappointing than the fact that it’s a probably a private event with no phones allowed/encouraged and the first people to hear renaissance live or see a Beyoncé concert in the last 4 years are the ultra wealthy. 

If the performance is not shown to fans it shouldn’t be happening, not after we got no promo or visuals this era 

Pay her 5+ million and she'll consider doing what you ask of her

tenor.gif

41 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

As if that makes it ok. :rip:

Do you think the law is going to change by not performing, no. Moaning about her decision isn’t either.

It sucks she hasn’t performed this era though. 

33 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Do you think the law is going to change by not performing, no. Moaning about her decision isn’t either.

It sucks she hasn’t performed this era though. 

So your thought process is to just ignore the laws then? As opposed to creating enough backlash that Beyoncé might actually try and use her privilege to make an impactful change? Great plan. :ace:

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

I’m not. I’m laughing at what you said 

Sorry sis I have PTSD from being a hybrid stan, the liddos come for me when I mention Bey and the Hive comes for me when I mention Gaga, these f words won’t stay off my neck :chick3:

- Beyoncé has always done private events... Y'all need to brush up on history here cuz this is far from her most controversial "private" event 

- who said the show is for Renaissance?? 

- this is too damn funny 🤣 

- I hope she stage tests some fun concepts for the tour 

- Beyoncé has ambitions that go beyond a musician. She wants to be a business woman too and we've long praised her for that... This is part of it. 

- my disappointments for this era and the silence and lack (TEASED) visuals is still the same. This has little impact on it

Collect your coins BEYONC-EE!!!

This is where the Texas government stands...

7 hours ago, Jay07 said:

....what? The Respect for Marriage act protects the rights of same sex and interracial couples on a federal level, all such unions will now be recognized in every US state and territory in response to the psycho wannabe theocrats of the Supreme Court. Meanwhile in Dubai homosexuality is illegal and theocracy is literally the law of the land. How the hell are you making the two similar?

You clearly haven't followed the political mess. The religious organization exception to discriminate was included to make sure some Republicans would vote for it. 

UAE is a religious state. But there's been a lot of progress, to the point where many LGBTQ+ people go there to live or vacation with no issues — why should Americans be looking down on progress when this country can't stop regressing? It wasn't long ago that Ronald Reagan's administration ignored HIV/AIDS epidemic and treated deaths of gay men en masse as a joke. Shootings keep taking gay/trans lives and we do nothing about it. Beyoncé indulging in some oil money to perform at a developing nation isn't really that concerning to me. 

Artists perform in places that are hostile to LGBTQ+ people all the time, including places in the US, but also places like Poland, Russia, China, Nigeria, Turkey... Singapore only legalized being gay in 2022. Beyoncé has performed there before and even filmed that famous hospital recording of "Halo" there...

I don't know, outrage against Dubai feels tinged with islamophobia and xenophobia to me. But what do I know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.