Beyoncé

Kisuke

4 minutes ago, BnPac said:

There's no way the era where she has a fire outro screaming Uncle Johnny and songs like Cozy (!!!), Honey will have its first event performing in front of the elite in a country where killing gay people is OK by law. 

I wouldn't mind a concert there eventually in the middle of a tour actually because her fans there also deserve to see her but this is not even an event for her fans. I will wait actual confirmation from her team. 

20 million is not that much money to show so little morals and be so tone deaf tbh. Even she knows better. 

but does she know better?

it’s clear that bey is only driven by money in 2022 and that she does not leave the house if the coin aint cute enough…

• Replies 108.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Just curious, would ya’ll turn down 20 million (If it’s really that), would you really? 

It’s probably only like a 45 min show too lol, so just her classics. 

33 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Why exactly are you comparing actions of members of the public to actual LAWS of the nation? You think that is genuinely a valid comparison?

The country has laws in place that can criminalise and kill gay people. That is not comparable to the US which has gay marriage legalised. It’s a straw man argument and you know it.

People need to stop defending every damn thing she does and gaslighting those who are unhappy that she’s made this decision. I’m sorry, but it’s WRONG. She should know better. 

22 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Again, that is the position of THE STATE in Dubai, that homosexuals need to be prosecuted. Homophobic people exist everywhere but Biden signed a same sex protection bill a couple of weeks ago. That's the official position of the state here. Stop being intellectually dishonest and conflating things that are not the same to defend people that say we are disgusting abominations of nature as their OFFICIAL POSITION.

Respect For Marriage act literally legally protects religious organizations when they discriminate against LGBTQ folks. Signed into law by Biden the other week.

Dubai is a city in an Islamic state. The bill Biden signed would legally allow them to discriminate against gays to protect “sanctity of traditional marriage”… THIS IS AMERICA.

Yall don’t even know what the **** is up. Dubai has capital punishment they aren’t even using for murderers, let alone gays like y’all wanna sensationalize, meanwhile we’re compromising on LGBTQ rights here to reach across the aisle. Gays are not in more danger in Dubai than they are in Florida, Louisiana, Texas etc. where state legislation further infringes upon our rights to exist. Should Beyoncé skip these states?

58 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

but does she know better?

it’s clear that bey is only driven by money in 2022 and that she does not leave the house if the coin aint cute enough…

Thats precisely why the videos have been shelved - the price wasnt right and now Ms Bey refuses to let them be seen. She so annoyingly elitist and money-hungry. Humble my ass

tenor.gif

26 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Thats precisely why the videos have been shelved - the price wasnt right and now Ms Bey refuses to let them be seen. She so annoyingly elitist and money-hungry. Humble my ass

tenor.gif

God I hope she loses AOTY again

She should not get rewarded for this album after how she has completely neglected the hive all year!

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

Just curious, would ya’ll turn down 20 million (If it’s really that), would you really? 

It’s probably only like a 45 min show too lol, so just her classics. 

If I were worth as much as her, yes. 

artists always do those thing with big paycheck. no big deal. lol

and y'all just saying anything to fit your narrative..

2 hours ago, kimberly said:

Respect For Marriage act literally legally protects religious organizations when they discriminate against LGBTQ folks. Signed into law by Biden the other week.

Dubai is a city in an Islamic state. The bill Biden signed would legally allow them to discriminate against gays to protect “sanctity of traditional marriage”… THIS IS AMERICA.

Yall don’t even know what the **** is up. Dubai has capital punishment they aren’t even using for murderers, let alone gays like y’all wanna sensationalize, meanwhile we’re compromising on LGBTQ rights here to reach across the aisle. Gays are not in more danger in Dubai than they are in Florida, Louisiana, Texas etc. where state legislation further infringes upon our rights to exist. Should Beyoncé skip these states?

....what? The Respect for Marriage act protects the rights of same sex and interracial couples on a federal level, all such unions will now be recognized in every US state and territory in response to the psycho wannabe theocrats of the Supreme Court. Meanwhile in Dubai homosexuality is illegal and theocracy is literally the law of the land. How the hell are you making the two similar?

Edited by Jay07

4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Why exactly are you comparing actions of members of the public to actual LAWS of the nation? You think that is genuinely a valid comparison?

The country has laws in place that can criminalise and kill gay people. That is not comparable to the US which has gay marriage legalised. It’s a straw man argument and you know it.

People need to stop defending every damn thing she does and gaslighting those who are unhappy that she’s made this decision. I’m sorry, but it’s WRONG. She should know better. 

Thank you. I've reserved criticism of her this era because although it's been relatively boring and she hasn't done anything, she hasn't done anything wrong. 

But this is wrong. And people are making inane comparisons to try and excuse it away. Performing in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, FL is NOT the same as performing in Dubai. :rip: 

I give no fucks about performing in Dubai for 20 + million dollars. It’s very on brand for her.

Dubai is an international world class city full of ex pats and more. Spare the outrage.

get money, Bey! Feliz Navidad!

10 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I give no fucks about performing in Dubai for 20 + million dollars. It’s very on brand for her.

Dubai is an international world class city full of ex pats and more. Spare the outrage.

Dubai is very cosmopolitan and full of a diverse group of people. I don't think anyone would deny that. 

The fact her first performance during an album era that's an ode to the marginalized queer community is taking place in Dubai for the ultra rich is crazy. Like she really took inspiration from 80s/90s ballrooms and she's gonna go perform it in a country where it is illegal to be gay for a room full of elites. 

I swear some of you would've been defending her performing for Gaddafi too. "Get money!" Like she's not already so rich she could support everyone in her family for generations

12 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Dubai is very cosmopolitan and full of a diverse group of people. I don't think anyone would deny that. 

The fact her first performance during an album era that's an ode to the marginalized queer community is taking place in Dubai for the ultra rich is crazy. Like she really took inspiration from 80s/90s ballrooms and she's gonna go perform it in a country where it is illegal to be gay for a room full of elites. 

I swear some of you would've been defending her performing for Gaddafi too. "Get money!" Like she's not already so rich she could support everyone in her family for generations

But who told ya’ll she is going their to debut performances from Renaissance? She could be rehashing the formation world tour and do a snippet of BMS soul for good measure. 

Just now, Space&Time said:

But who told ya’ll she is going their to debut performances from Renaissance? She could be rehashing the formation world tour and do a snippet of BMS soul for good measure. 

That's fair and possible. I still think it's a mess to do the first performance of the era for a collection of billionaires period, let alone in Dubai, but I know not everyone sees it the same way. I don't look to celebrities as bastions of morality generally but Bey is my all time fave so I feel a little differently when it comes to her. Her prerogative just as its the fans to have an opinion. 

I have a feeling this will erupt into a controversy soon so we may as well warm up in the base before it's social media as a whole going in on her or defending her :rip: 

It seems like the type of event where she’d sing Halo, XO and At Last rather than anything from Renaissance.

Bey is a billionaire and her husband called the word “capitalist” a racial slur. Her clothing line sources materials made in sweatshops yet she dares to release music about black empowerment. She hasn’t been a good person for a long time now, but so our most stars of her calibre. It’s unfortunate and she deserves the criticism. That being said, she’s certainly not the only one. Best to just enjoy her music and try to separate the art from the artist, and avoid calling her a queen if you can. 

My faves are Gaga (works with predators, used her charitable foundation in shady ways), Bey (explained above), and Azealia (no explanation needed), so at this point I just have to accept that fame money and power corrupt people, but unfortunately those are the rewards of great art.

Edited by HeavyMetalAura
Correction made about Ivy park; they use sweatshops, not child slaves

Oh, here come the wasps with their fake concern.

Collect your coins, Bey-on-cee

Edited by Teezy

Many Africans see Gaddafi as a hero. Some of y’all are really brainwashed by the Western media. Y’all had no problem when she performed for Bush or Obama = mass murderers.

8 minutes ago, Teezy said:

Oh, here come the wasps with their fake concern.

Collect your coins, Bey-on-cee

:rip: 

30 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

My faves are Gaga (works with predators, used her charitable foundation in shady ways), Bey (explained above), and Azealia (no explanation needed), so at this point I just have to accept that fame money and power corrupt people, but unfortunately those are the rewards of great art.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.