Beyoncé

Kisuke

The first performance of the era being in a country where homosexuality is codified into law as illegal and it's a private event :rip: 

• Replies 108.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Y’all hypocrites. I hope she skips the USA on her next tour, because black people got killed there for no reason. Y’all literally know nothing about Dubai. Many gay people live there.

1 hour ago, Hallad173 said:

I think it’s relevant when the country/place in question has an active death penalty in place against lgbt folk.….

last time UAE went through with an execution (for anything) was in 2017, last time UAE prosecuted someone for same-sex sexual activity was 2015.

Texas executed 2 people last month... 74% of people on Texas' death row are people of color... Texas Governor started investigating parents of trans youth with the intent of prosecuting them this year...

Editing to add I would NEVER go to Dubai for anything, I don't think I'd be safe. But I also wouldn't go to most parts of Texas & the South. let's get off our soap boxes lol. 

Edited by kimberly

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The first performance of the era being in a country where homosexuality is codified into law as illegal and it's a private event :rip: 

Uncle Johnny gotta be giving her the meanest stink eye up in heaven, she cannot be serious:deadvision: it feels like something worse and worse gets unveiled with this “era”:deadvision:

The slicing and dicing in here. :skull: Performing at rich people’s parties IS beneath Beyoncé. I thought we were past that. It’s some J.Lo/Mariah ****. Especially beneath her is doing it in a country where a pride flag at the US embassy causes controversy and backlash, where a pride parade would end in casualties. :skull: If it’s true, it would be ugly and embarrassing even if it were in the past, in her B’Day hustling on steroids phase. But in the future? After this troll ass era? Better not be true tbqfh.

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

The slicing and dicing in here. :skull: Performing at rich people’s parties IS beneath Beyoncé. I thought we were past that. It’s some J.Lo/Mariah ****. Especially beneath her is doing it in a country where a pride flag at the US embassy causes controversy and backlash, where a pride parade would end in casualties. :skull: If it’s true, it would be ugly and embarrassing even if it were in the past, in her B’Day hustling on steroids phase. But in the future? After this troll ass era? Better not be true tbqfh.

Beyoncé only cares about making money and doing the least effort to get it. This 20 million check is way too good to say no to and even she would be dumb to refuse it. She’s elitist and has shown her ass with this “era”….

Edited by Bicassie

2 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

She's been doing it even after the formation tour. Honestly it's private, it'll likely be old songs. No one needs to defend it but also it's not as some public display of support... But also, everyone goes to Dubai. The optics aren't great but I'm certainly not internalising it as any sort of disrespect.

The discourse will be a quick flash in the pan and she would have made in 1 day, half of the money she made in 2021 in its entirety. 

The most important part about is she's ready to start being active now 

The point is that THIS is what was needed to motivate her to perform for the first time in this Era? An exclusive invite only show for the rich in Dubai of all places. It is just a bizarre choice that seems as far from her fans as possible. This location is a VERY contradictory choice considering the mission of Renaissance was apparently celebration of queer culture.

Edited by Massive_Teardrop

6 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

I think it’s relevant when the country/place in question has an active death penalty in place against lgbt folk.….

Beyoncé is about her bag. She is not a humanitarian, she’s a popstar.

Just because being gay is illegal doesn’t mean gay people don’t live there. Do they not deserve to see her?

y’all are on ten. is it annoying that it’s a private event and she hasn’t announced the dates? Yes. But the virtue signaling is wild lol…the USA has horrible lgbt issues. Don’t Say Gay? Black trans women murders? 

40 minutes ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

The point is that THIS is what was needed to motivate her to perform for the first time in this Era? An exclusive invite only show for the rich in Dubai of all places. It is just a bizarre choice that seems as far from her fans as possible. This location is a VERY contradictory choice considering the mission of Renaissance was apparently celebration of queer culture.

and it still is? She just threw a party a week ago that did just that. The tour is coming. Why are y’all acting so shocked by this lol…she’s been doing private events for years

Edited by yonsé

Not people commenting that the last time they went after same sex people was in 2015 like it was the 1800s when it's just 7 years ago :deadbanana4:

This is beneath her and it adds insult to injury that the very first thing she does for an album that supposedly celebrates black queerness is perform at an exclusive billionaire party in a homophobic country. Y'all know I defend her all the time but this is not it.

34 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Beyoncé is about her bag. She is not a humanitarian, she’s a popstar.

Just because being gay is illegal doesn’t mean gay people don’t live there. Do they not deserve to see her?

y’all are on ten. is it annoying that it’s a private event and she hasn’t announced the dates? Yes. But the virtue signaling is wild lol…the USA has horrible lgbt issues. Don’t Say Gay? Black trans women murders? 

tell them!

now I get the frustration/disappointment if this indeed ends up being the first Renaissance performance. it being in Dubai really isn't the issue though... I'm sure Yvette can whip up a presser saying "Beyoncé broke new ground by celebrating this unapologetic album in a part of the world that needs it the most" or whateva if Twitter slacktivists complain too much. 

this also shouldn't be compared to Qatar's World Cup fiasco, which they rigged and bought to be held there, used slave labor to build stadiums for, including a huge migrant worker death toll. that was an event that over 1B+ people watched that killed thousands of innocent people. Beyoncé's going to fly in, perform at a private event, collect her cheque and leave. 

1 hour ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

I'm not sure if it's motivation or timing,  but the fans are obviously going to get everything they asked for this year even if she uses this as a stepping stone. Personally I think she's been spending much of the last 6months finishing parts of the projects and most recently trying to get in shape... This will happen a month before the Grammy's, I don't think it's entirely detached from her personal schedule for the era.

Anyway, I completely get anyones distaste of this and won't really defend it. In the bigger scheme it will be forgotten...

Unless the first time we see major Rennie songs/choreo and is through shaky phone  footage from Dubai...:rip:

At most I'd expect 1 Rennaisance song, either BMS/Cuff It and it'll be more of a sing along with the audience versus her debuting the proper performance 

Edited by Otter

Anyway of to see my family now, let me convince them to put on Homecoming or BIK for some Xmas entertainment

:gaycat1:

20 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Not people commenting that the last time they went after same sex people was in 2015 like it was the 1800s when it's just 7 years ago :deadbanana4:

last time they prosecuted anyone for same sex relationships... some of y'all are trying to exaggerate as if they're putting every gay in Dubai in a gas chamber. queer people have existed under oppressive regimes since FOREVER.

last time there was a MASS SHOOTING targeting LGBTQ+ people in the US: a month ago.

last time there was anti-LGBTQ+ legislation introduced in the US: like last week.

last time Supreme Court commented on overturning federal gay rights: this summer.

she should SKIP United States on RENAISSANCE World Tour, it appears...

Edited by kimberly

As someone who goes to Dubai every year to visit friends, I can safely say there are plenty of people over there who deserve to see her. Where she's going is not my issue and people who rely solely on the media with no actual knowledge of going to Dubai shouldn't really speak on such things. We know there laws and such by now, it hasn't stopped many many many LGBTQ+ moving there by choice still. P

The issue for me is the radio silence from her, absolutely nothing and then apparently all we know that she's currently planned is a private show for the elite. Absolutely no acknowledgement of us, the fans :lakitu: just feels like a bit of a kick to us when we are already waiting for just a crumb from her at this point. 

12 minutes ago, kimberly said:

last time they prosecuted anyone for same sex relationships... some of y'all are trying to exaggerate as if they're putting every gay in Dubai in a gas chamber. queer people have existed under oppressive regimes since FOREVER.

last time there was a MASS SHOOTING targeting LGBTQ+ people in the US: a month ago.

last time there was anti-LGBTQ+ legislation introduced in the US: like last week.

last time Supreme Court commented on overturning federal gay rights: this summer.

Why exactly are you comparing actions of members of the public to actual LAWS of the nation? You think that is genuinely a valid comparison?

The country has laws in place that can criminalise and kill gay people. That is not comparable to the US which has gay marriage legalised. It’s a straw man argument and you know it.

People need to stop defending every damn thing she does and gaslighting those who are unhappy that she’s made this decision. I’m sorry, but it’s WRONG. She should know better. 

I hope this turns to be fake like that recent story that she would perform for a luxury brand at the Milano fashion week. 
Otherwise, not a fa of her not doing anything for the fans the entire year and then doing a show for filthy rich people and in … Dubai. 

22 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Again, that is the position of THE STATE in Dubai, that homosexuals need to be prosecuted. Homophobic people exist everywhere but Biden signed a same sex protection bill a couple of weeks ago. That's the official position of the state here. Stop being intellectually dishonest and conflating things that are not the same to defend people that say we are disgusting abominations of nature as their OFFICIAL POSITION.

There's no way the era where she has a fire outro screaming Uncle Johnny and songs like Cozy (!!!), Honey will have its first event performing in front of the elite in a country where killing gay people is OK by law. 

I wouldn't mind a concert there eventually in the middle of a tour actually because her fans there also deserve to see her but this is not even an event for her fans. I will wait actual confirmation from her team. 

20 million is not that much money to show so little morals and be so tone deaf tbh. Even she knows better. 

Edited by BnPac

Anyway merry Xmas to you guys. 

She has always done private events, some you probably don’t even know about. Of course some will it make it out to be a big thing. Get your check Bey. Maybe a video will leak of her performing.

1 minute ago, BnPac said:

Anyway merry Xmas to you guys. 

Marry Christmas (I love Prince).

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Marry Christmas (I love Prince).

:heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.