• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wantedyoutogrow

• mxoonlight

• Gerardo

• ariananext

spacer.png

clips of the zach sang interview are gaining traction on tiktok and the comments are all talking about either her appearance/accent/calling her a home wrecker...she can never catch a break i hate everyone 

When I tell you I am counting down the days for Wicked to be done with I am over the possession Glinda has taken over her body :noparty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honestly, I’m over it. Not mad or fed up, just bored. I get that she doesn’t have to be in a constant mode of fanservice, she doesn’t “owe” us anything and I’m not young enough to really care if she’s giving us anything substantial anymore for promo as I’ll enjoy the album anyway, but like… it really wouldn’t kill her to have some kind of authenticity or speak candidly about something uncomfortable.

She’s had four years for people to play with her name and she’s still dodging questions and speaking in riddles. Really do not care about her love life at all, really do care about unpacking what she thinks of the caricature of her as an artist and celebrity SHE BUILT and addressing why it’s not relevant anymore/what she’s learned/why she’s changed. It really would’ve helped a lot.

She says Glinda taught her to be ‘firm’ in her stance and yet she says NOTHING about the cultural appropriation/Victoria mimery which would alleviate at least 50% of the people riding her nuts. Not like their opinions really matter, but like… it would be nice! To at least try to say something meaningful on the record!

i know she historically is not the best with accountability but it’s very clear she knows better and just doesn’t want to confront it in any way especially in the complete safe zones of the few channels she actually does feel comfortable performing on that will not challenge her perspective in any way. It’s just weird. Maybe she’s like saving it for like addressing it in a memoir, but like… is she? It’s just wack. And annoying. I know she knows better and it’s frustrating as a long-time fan. But also irdc and just venting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mxoonlight said:

Honestly, I’m over it. Not mad or fed up, just bored. I get that she doesn’t have to be in a constant mode of fanservice, she doesn’t “owe” us anything and I’m not young enough to really care if she’s giving us anything substantial anymore for promo as I’ll enjoy the album anyway, but like… it really wouldn’t kill her to have some kind of authenticity or speak candidly about something uncomfortable.

She’s had four years for people to play with her name and she’s still dodging questions and speaking in riddles. Really do not care about her love life at all, really do care about unpacking what she thinks of the caricature of her as an artist and celebrity SHE BUILT and addressing why it’s not relevant anymore/what she’s learned/why she’s changed. It really would’ve helped a lot.

She says Glinda taught her to be ‘firm’ in her stance and yet she says NOTHING about the cultural appropriation/Victoria mimery which would alleviate at least 50% of the people riding her nuts. Not like their opinions really matter, but like… it would be nice! To at least try to say something meaningful on the record!

i know she historically is not the best with accountability but it’s very clear she knows better and just doesn’t want to confront it in any way especially in the complete safe zones of the few channels she actually does feel comfortable performing on that will not challenge her perspective in any way. It’s just weird. Maybe she’s like saving it for like addressing it in a memoir, but like… is she? It’s just wack. And annoying. I know she knows better and it’s frustrating as a long-time fan. But also irdc and just venting!

Its valid being frustrating that she doesn't really open up about herself personally as we expect since I kinda felt the same at first, but to give more perspective she's a woman who's been through a lot of trauma compared to your average pop girl..which means she's gonna struggle by talking about something uncomfortable. Even if she addresses any controversies about her, people are still gonna find a way to hate on her or say something negative which is why she doesn't want to bother giving attention to it. She knows the truth and so do the people closest to her and that's all that matters to her. Like she said in the interview, what she does is for her fans and herself. I like to think that although she doesn't address things publicly, she still learns and takes accountability behind closed doors. For example she dropped the over tanning and cultural appropriation years ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

You're entitled to your feelings and venting, this is a safe space :heart: but I also want to address a few things because while I agree with some of the things you said, I think there is also room for nuance in other areas.

She's been picked apart since her teens and, for most of her adult life, has been scrutinized at every turn. I do think she deserved to get dragged a few times (e.g., cheating on Big Sean, Donutgate, homewrecker era) but she's also been unfairly criticized for things beyond her control (e.g., diva rumours and made-up stories about alleged bad behaviour, critiques about her body and plastic surgery, her involvement in Mac's passing). All of this has made her so much more withdrawn and understandably so.

I also think addressing things like Ethan and "blackfishing" would just add fuel to the fire; people have already made up their mind about her, and no amount of press tours, interviews, or "ilysm 🫧" IG stories will change that. Putting myself in her shoes, if people relentlessly repeated rumours about me for decades on end I would have no fight left in me and, for the sake of protecting my peace, would also become guarded in addressing things. 

All I hope for is that she makes amends with whoever she's hurt behind the scenes. I really don't give a **** about what Folktaylover1989 or Midnightsoutsold13 have to say on Twitter because their criticisms of Ariana are not well-intentioned. Every pop girl has skeletons in their closet and if the worst thing you can say about Ariana is that she had a botched spray tan for a few years + hooked up with a guy who was already split from his wife at the time then fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, judasmonster said:

Its valid being frustrating that she doesn't really open up about herself personally as we expect since I kinda felt the same at first, but to give more perspective she's a woman who's been through a lot of trauma compared to your average pop girl..which means she's gonna struggle by talking about something uncomfortable. Even if she addresses any controversies about her, people are still gonna find a way to hate on her or say something negative which is why she doesn't want to bother giving attention to it. She knows the truth and so do the people closest to her and that's all that matters to her. Like she said in the interview, what she does is for her fans and herself. I like to think that although she doesn't address things publicly, she still learns and takes accountability behind closed doors. For example she dropped the over tanning and cultural appropriation years ago.

This. I also think being a child star and her involvement in the industry has ****** with her (as it does most people). I get the sense that she didn't truly have an idea of who she was until very recently; being pulled in a million different directions by family, friends, industry executives, fans, etc. will obviously cause some sort of identity crisis. At the end of the day, she's a human being trying to find her way and self-discover like we all do.

• Like 4

Yeah I don't think her addressing the Ethan situation would help in any way. They need to just break up :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slate said:

Yeah I don't think her addressing the Ethan situation would help in any way. They need to just break up :giraffe:

No shade but we are approaching the average shelf life of her relationships lol

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, judasmonster said:

She knows the truth and so do the people closest to her and that's all that matters to her. Like she said in the interview, what she does is for her fans and herself. I like to think that although she doesn't address things publicly, she still learns and takes accountability behind closed doors. For example she dropped the over tanning and cultural appropriation years ago.

I agree, and I recognize this. I have a ton of empathy for everything she’s gone through and don’t want it to seem like I’m demanding her to be more forthright or “perform” in a way that is pleasing to me. It’s not her prerogative to do so. I’ve never questioned where her heart lied as it seemed very obvious from everything that she was doing that ill intent was never associated. And I understand chasing vindication in the public eye is a fruitless game.

5 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

She's been picked apart since her teens and, for most of her adult life, has been scrutinized at every turn. I do think she deserved to get dragged a few times (e.g., cheating on Big Sean, Donutgate, homewrecker era) but she's also been unfairly criticized for things beyond her control (e.g., diva rumours and made-up stories about alleged bad behaviour, critiques about her body and plastic surgery, her involvement in Mac's passing). All of this has made her so much more withdrawn and understandably so.

I also think addressing things like Ethan and "blackfishing" would just add fuel to the fire; people have already made up their mind about her, and no amount of press tours, interviews, or "ilysm 🫧" IG stories will change that. Putting myself in her shoes, if people relentlessly repeated rumours about me for decades on end I would have no fight left in me and, for the sake of protecting my peace, would also become guarded in addressing things. 

All I hope for is that she makes amends with whoever she's hurt behind the scenes. I really don't give a **** about what Folktaylover1989 or Midnightsoutsold13 have to say on Twitter because their criticisms of Ariana are not well-intentioned. Every pop girl has skeletons in their closet and if the worst thing you can say about Ariana is that she had a botched spray tan for a few years + hooked up with a guy who was already split from his wife at the time then fine. 

I agree with all of this too and I appreciate you guys being understanding and not mocking. :heart2: I want what’s best for her as much as anyone else and I really hope she finds peace away from the bullshit and finds the space to speak on certain stuff when she’s ready. The Vogue interview really broke my heart because you could tell she meant that **** and was being vulnerable in a way that was scary for her. I’ll continue being patient with her and supporting her - it’s all I can really do as a fan that doesn’t know her personally.

• Like 3

I get the frustrations with her not addressing the elephant in the room but as others have said it won't change anything. She kinda missed her opportunity to take her narrative back in that regard, she's just going to have to ride it out. I think the hate has really affected her as she said she's a sensitive person who wears her heart on her sleeve. I do believe she knows she's in the wrong when she is and as @mxoonlight said she doesn't confront it which can create a bigger mess. It allows for all the false allegations and rumors to have validity too even though we know it's bs. Example of this is when the home wrecking allegations came out the diva rumors rose from the dead as well. She is correct in her assessment of the media/tabloids doing this to women in the industry again and again. However the public never learns and the cycle repeats itself. 

1 hour ago, Tm4074 said:

I get the frustrations with her not addressing the elephant in the room but as others have said it won't change anything. She kinda missed her opportunity to take her narrative back in that regard, she's just going to have to ride it out. I think the hate has really affected her as she said she's a sensitive person who wears her heart on her sleeve. I do believe she knows she's in the wrong when she is and as @mxoonlight said she doesn't confront it which can create a bigger mess. It allows for all the false allegations and rumors to have validity too even though we know it's bs. Example of this is when the home wrecking allegations came out the diva rumors rose from the dead as well. She is correct in her assessment of the media/tabloids doing this to women in the industry again and again. However the public never learns and the cycle repeats itself. 

I agree with this, if she was ever gonna acknowledge the allegations it should’ve been the moment they started and come out with facts, if she talks about it everyone would say stuff like it’s damage control or PR, even if it’s true, she should try to just leave it there and hope it eventually goes away 

With one week left before the Album of the year, Let's get together and help Ariana out if you can! Thank u, next & 7 Rings have a good chance to get that #1 :duca: 

Tha

On 2/28/2024 at 8:35 AM, mxoonlight said:

I'm not sure she's ever gonna realistically address the bold when it's now 5-6 years old of a topic at this point (and not sure what the Victoria mimery stuff is referencing?). You of course have every right to wish she made an actual acknowledgement, but it feels like there's a few issues being conflated with one another.

It's valid to feel some type of way about it, but that topic really isn't actually what impacts her public image. Especially when she basically stopped tanning after TU,N and we know from the leaked Positions sessions that lyric ideas any of her black co-writers had were tweaked to have lyrics be more authentic to her voice (ex: "west side, shawty" -> "west side for me", nija's original chorus idea for obvious having "no cap, got me right where you want me").

The Ethan stuff is 100% a different beast and has reached a whole different demographic that wouldn't engage in the cultural appropriation conversations or themselves listen to Ariana normally. She's nose-dived in appeal with millennial affluent white women (so like.. Taylor fans oddly enough) for the Ethan stuff. Going on places like fauxmoi or certain cultural hubs on IG or TikTok sees like... a violent level of hatred for her.

And I'm just not convinced 'silence = she knows she did something wrong" when from the interview with Zach it seems clear she *really* wants to say something but something is stopping her.  It's not hard to imagine she can't reveal what info exonerates her of doing anything wrong as it'll basically harm Ethan *AND* make her look bad. I mean.. realistically... how could she even clear her name? The power balance is so off that anything would be an attack.

It sucks she's set up so many boundaries now since she was always so candid, but also it's going on now like 4-5 years. 

- Pete had his mental breakdown and so we didn't get "Still On Ur Mind"

- Pete was ****-talking her a year later and yet she scrapped "No Free Promo"

- We still don't know why her and Njomza fell out, she just scrapped "Girl is Mine" and moved on

- She recorded "Outgrown" for Alexa yet it never saw the light of day and only told us about their fallout in hushed whispers

It feels like people accusing her of causing Mac's death traumatized her to the point of avoiding addressing real people directly, and it certain didn't help when she addressed Pete on TU,N with a lot of grace, he turned around and.. basically said she was why he wanted to kill himself. :biblio:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 4

With the album being less than a week away, I am genuinely shocked it hasn't leaked in full yet. Hopefully that's a sign that the moles in her team were found and fired and that she finally changed her password.

i feel she wanted the ethan drama to be cleared, that’s her PR team’s job right?

who was her team during that time…? Scooter and his team :rip:

the fact that him and his team DIDNT do a single thing to stop the whole drama just lets me know why she moved on from him & unfollowed him and his WHOLE team right away after the news came out.

Her team post positions have been a complete ****
She literally was begging ppl in tiktok comments to stop Ieaking her songs… :rip:

also who was her manager at that time who could’ve stopped the whole thing? 🛴 

I just find it funny after yes, and? came out… a few days after page 6 backtracked about the whole thing, right after she had a new team.

🛴 F***** her over

Edited by Saud
  • Like 1

The first shot is kind of a serve sans the wig but I see why they went with the green outfit the more we see of the blue outfit outtakes.

GHWRZjwXgAAoWgC?format=jpg&name=medium

GHn0u5oXUAAbFuv?format=jpg&name=medium GHadb5WXcAAOHDG?format=jpg&name=large GHadb5PXsAALAJ4?format=jpg&name=large GHadb5PW4AATMG8?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

DW song top 5 on her Spotify, quality won :jonny6:

On 3/2/2024 at 2:51 PM, Communion said:

The first shot is kind of a serve sans the wig but I see why they went with the green outfit the more we see of the blue outfit outtakes.

GHWRZjwXgAAoWgC?format=jpg&name=medium

GHn0u5oXUAAbFuv?format=jpg&name=medium BFdq8lg.png Fu5WMwh.png UkDnrzF.png

Brown outfit supremacy.

0wAPUAI.jpeg 

gpmrhHJ.jpeg kQFmN0S.jpeg ULzlu3U.png wfeyyTk.png

:jonny6:

• Like 2

I hope they style her well for all these upcoming events, if she keeps her hair, skin tone and brows so light they better go with a pastel/soft aesthetic because I'm not a fan of how bold colours look on her right now. This would look great, with the Super Bowl hair :jonny6:

this type of looks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

compliment her a lot more compared to

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

This dead seems so dead seeing as how we have an album in 3 days

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.