Everything posted by mxoonlight
- Crash Out is Tinashe's best single
- Have meta-narrative pop albums run their course?
-
Popstar vs. Confessions II
School Nashe mix to settle the score
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
Crash Out is also about me!
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
I'm so glad this is getting more attention. I saw her live recently after listening since Aquarius and it's insane how much she's grown fully into her own. Always carving her own lane rather than letting herself get stuck in a box. She is incredible.
-
Troye Sivan - "Canada Dry"
I should really stop doubting him.
- Manon preparing solo debut
-
Did Taylor settling for safe love affect her musical output?
Exactly. Get her, zuper.
-
Did Taylor settling for safe love affect her musical output?
I don't hear what you guys are hearing. Cleveland! is the best thing she's done in years. Maybe fall in love instead of being miserable?
-
Best C2 Collab: Bring Your Love vs. Love Sensation vs. Danceteria
all r fab tho!!!
-
Best C2 Collab: Bring Your Love vs. Love Sensation vs. Danceteria
sabrina? madonna…
-
What about 'Patient Zero' is 'showgirl'?
Haters stay mad because Taylor is outselling your fave. She can release anything and it sells. That is inherently showgirl. now run my mf like @Sasori.
-
Alan Ritchson feels like he's 'not supposed to be loved' amid divorce
Hopefully someone who heard his message resonated with him. He seems like a decent guy and it's true - the pedestal viability for monogamous relationships still carries is unfortunate. It really pigeonholes your sense of self-worth to a stage where you feel like you need to constantly commodify or conform in order to be seen as worthy or normal. For someone who is as outwardly successful, conventionally attractive and in an idealized nuclear family as he is and still feel that way, I can imagine even if I can't relate on how alienating it must be.
-
MNEK - 'BULLDOZER!!'
I love this album. He's grown so much as an artist since Language. I really love how much he embraces confidence while not shying away from body image - it's a resonant theme that I'm sure will speak to a ton of gay boys.
-
Why do the gays support Troye but not MNEK?
Agree with other people - there are barely any gay men supporting gay male artists period.
-
Tinashe on the genre of pop: "it's very white and it's very contrived."
clock too many doors being closed to forward thinking stuff just because it's not packaged the "right" way
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
i now like the song x2
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
ntm?! Omg y'all are sick
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
The song has grown on me. When my faves don't outdo themselves I need to get my **** off and then I can clap like a seal like the rest of you ******* do. Bring on the album and specifically the instrumental bc I'm not listening to She's the Worst lyrical version
-
Madonna & Charli xcx - "Danceteria Afterhours"
Gageteria
-
Miley about not touring: "People will come to me, I don't need to drive to you"
I like Miley, but she should have done Vegas ages ago. You've had one song break through the ether of the dozens you've released in the past ten years. That's Sphere material if I've ever heard of it.
-
Troye Sivan - "Party"
This is what's kind of gagging me. Troye and his team usually are incredibly tasteful and for just about every project since Bloom have had a fairly precise vision that's trying to push his artistry forward, whereas this is so clearly just spinning the wheels. It's so Focus/Problem coded for an artist of his caliber. It's fascinating.
- Are pop artists being incentivized to give us less?
- Are pop artists being incentivized to give us less?
-
Are pop artists being incentivized to give us less?
A lot of my favorite pop artists (Ari, Charli, Troye, Taylor) have released polarizing work recently and it's had me questioning if mainstream pop artists are encouraged to not agonize as much over 'quality' consistent with traditional pop formulas. Do you think this is a mix of: A) label wants project X by Y to justify Z budget for tour/promo B) Artists with established enough fanbases with consistent enough spending patterns feel less incentive to push harder or edit themselves down C) The market is changing and people like different things/it can't be 2024 forever D) something else What do you think? Hope this makes sense!