Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Bass Persuades vs Midnights

Better 10th studio LP 62 members have voted

  1. 1. Better 10th studio LP

    • Bass Persuades
      40%
      25
    • Midnights
      59%
      37

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which 10th studio album is better? Both electro-pop albums at heart with some elements of new wave, glam-pop but also have their fair share of soft ballads.

569870be56b8c606974b27ebdfd4c67c.1000x10

855526.jpg

Taylor Swift doesn't have what it takes to pull off an electro-glam-pop album lol

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Loca said:

Taylor Swift doesn't have what it takes to pull off an electro-glam-pop album lol

Midnights is one of her top tier albums

I've only heard Midnights, so Bass Persuades gets my vote.

HymneNights, duh

With Miley, it's weird for me ... I love everything about her and her vision, but she has never fully captured all that she stands for and everything she encapsulates into a body of work, at least not to me... Everytime she releases, I wanna love it so bad because she herself is such an incredible STAR but then it always ends up kinda flat for me in terms of the music

1 minute ago, fantafantanocoke said:

HymneNights, duh

With Miley, it's weird for me ... I love everything about her and her vision, but she has never fully captured all that she stands for and everything she encapsulates into a body of work, at least not to me... Everytime she releases, I wanna love it so bad because she herself is such an incredible STAR but then it always ends up kinda flat for me in terms of the music

This is me when I tried to stan Endless Summer Vacation 😆

2 minutes ago, David_Greengrass97 said:

This is me when I tried to stan Endless Summer Vacation 😆

Right? I've tried stanning so many of her albums... Plastic Hearts sort of worked for a while and Can't Be Tamed way back in the day but other than that... It's crickets!

Loving the Ayu avi btw heart

BP is Miley's weakest album and MIDnights one of Taylor's worst. BP is better than Midnights. Both are my favorite artists. I am objectively right on this topic.

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

electro-pop albums

I don't see how that describes Midnights at all. But Midnights >>

Bass Persuades is kinda mid at first listen, so it automatically wins. Midnights is one of the most boring albums I've ever heard.

7 minutes ago, fantafantanocoke said:

Right? I've tried stanning so many of her albums... Plastic Hearts sort of worked for a while and Can't Be Tamed way back in the day but other than that... It's crickets!

Loving the Ayu avi btw heart

Idk if you share the same feelings as me, but when it comes to TS music, and with the album we're discussing in the thread, I tend to focus on her lyricism more than the production. That's her strength and she knows it. It's not like we're listening to a Beyoncé, Gaga, Madonna, ... etc. album with crazy insanely complex production. Yes, the production for Midnights holds you back when you listen to it for the first time, but it's just so great when TS plays with words, thesaurus, and understands the feeling. At least it's for me. This album is about 13 unsleep nights and every song is about different topics. She sticks to its overall concepts. I just love it.

But when I tried to listen to Miley, I often get bored, so discovering discographies of other artists is my hobby. I stan them for a while when Gaga is away 😆) I don't know what to say, it's kinda bland. With Endless Summer, I like a couple of songs but the rest, it doesn't have souls. It's kinda the same. Miley is an artist that I don't know what's her strength is to understand her music. Lyrics, not so much. Production, hit or miss.

I believe there are two schools of pop girls. One is for people doing good with songwriting, the other is for their production.

Sorry for my long ass essay. It's a part of our Swifties DNA 😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by David_Greengrass97

17 minutes ago, David_Greengrass97 said:

Idk if you share the same feelings like me but when it comes to TS music, and with the album we're discussing in the thread, I tend to focus on her lyricism more than the production. That's her strength and she knows it. It's not like we're listening to a Beyoncé, Gaga, Madonna,... etc with crazy insane complex production. Yes, the production for MN holds you back when you listen to it a first times but it's just so great when TS play with words, thesaurus, and understand the feeling. At least it's for me. This album is about 13 unsleep nights and every song is about different topics. She sticks to its overall concepts. I just love it.

But when I tried to listen to Miley, (I'm often getting bored, so discovering discography of other artists is my hobbies, I stan them for awhile when Gaga is away 😆) Idk what to say, it's kinda bland. With Endless Summer, I like a couple of songs but the rest, it doesn't have souls. It's kinda same same. Miley is an artist that I don't know what's her strength to understand her music. Lyrics, not so much. Production, hit or miss.

I believe there are two schools of pop girls, one is for people do good with songwriting, the other is for their production.

Sorry for my long ass essay. It's a part of our Swifties DNA 😭😭😭😭😭

I wholeheartedly agree with you! With Taylor, to me, her music is this microcosm of fictional and real events put into the most beautiful lyrics I've heard by an MPG (minus TLOAS lmao). I just feel totally comforted and entertained by her music and the universe she's created. The production in her music has never been the main focus for me, apart from maybe reputation album. I do love the production of her music and the themes/moods it creates, but as you said, it's not Gaga/Madonna/Bey or even Britney/Rihanna type of exciting and boundary pushing pop production.

And with Miley, I share how you feel. I really try to get into her albums, but something just isn't connecting. I wish it would because as I said, I looooove Miley as a person(a).

2 hours ago, Loca said:

Taylor Swift doesn't have what it takes to pull off an electro-glam-pop album lol

Neither does Miley with this album rip

1 minute ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Neither does Miley with this album rip

Well, I haven't heard Miley's album

vin

But the lead is better than anything in Midnights

vin

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.