Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Gracie Abrams - 'Daughter from Hell'

Featured Replies

it's really boring for the most part

the title track is great, so is minibar, death wish/men like you are cute

  • Replies 488
  • Views 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • tambora
    tambora

    y'all so weird about her. she's gorgeous and talented

  • Squall
    Squall

    Mods should start warning people who constantly come in her threads to insult her for no reason. It's honestly becoming super tiring. You'd swear Gracie killed their entire families.

  • DivaCup
    DivaCup

Wow! A perfection of an album. Risks? Check! GROWTH! Check. Her storytelling keeps improving.

19 minutes ago, TheMusicProphet said:

Wow! A perfection of an album. Risks? Check! GROWTH! Check. Her storytelling keeps improving.

oh u get it… other than like 2 songs this is a MASSIVE step up from TSOU lyrically

I think my faves are The Knife and Mews heart perfect songs, Sober and Broke My Heart are up there as well

3 minutes ago, Imaginary Friend said:

This was such a fun listen this morning! So upbeat!

Omg Gracie I take back this sarcastic comment I didn't realise you'd named a song after me heart2

3 minutes ago, purplelacebra said:

the lyrics on most of the songs are trash

Hit the Wall, Death Wish, Good Reason, Afflictions, Humming are well written but the rest…Shes so washed

as an OG stan i hate that TSOU happened sometimes bc people have a skewed view of her as an artist due to the sonics of that album. with that being said, i love this new album so much !!!! her best work lyrically. love that she got more gritty w the rock production on certain songs. perfect timing for me that this is out now

I like this more than Good Riddance. But I think I still prefer The Secret of Us and This Is What It Feels Like. I'll need a couple more listens

"wish that we both had the same set of evidence, sick of defending it"

WHEWWWW

5 hours ago, Cherish said:

oh... so her other albums are slower and the secret of us was much faster, unlike daughter from hell?

I wouldn't say so. It was just somehow more commercially friendly in a way I can't pin down? But perhaps it's recency bias and not fully knowing the songs yet. It's a 5/5 for me regardless 🤣

5 hours ago, Kintsugi said:

I reaaally agree, but I feel like this was needed, half of her fanbase hates TSOU because of how impersonal and radio pandering it is (I don't even mean it in a bad way! I only skip 1 song off of that) so a lyric focused album was the way to go, she had never used this much synths / orchestral elements in her music before as well which I find to be super interesting and what makes this album not feel like something we've already heard from her

that being said… the album was intended to be much poppier than it is, she had a lot sessions with Casey Smith and Jim-E Stack last year where she made a bunch of more electronic stuff that I would've loved for her to fully flesh out (Out of Nowhere being one of these) but o well! one thing about her is she's gonna reuse songs from 3 years ago so I'm not worried, I'm sure she'll eventually go full on Rose Gray on us (they're close friends so a collab could acc happen someday)

This was very well written and made a lot of good points 😌 out of nowhere is indeed a loss and I really did think she was about to lean hard into that sound.

But there will absolutely be a deluxe and I'm praying it's on that 🥺

Edited by harry_bev

12 minutes ago, harry_bev said:

This was very well written and made a lot of good points 😌 out of nowhere is indeed a loss and I really did think she was about to lean hard into that sound.

But there will absolutely be a deluxe and I'm praying it's on that 🥺

the deluxe probably won't have Out of Nowhere if it wasn't on the standard album

the deluxe is 3 more Aaron songs, one is a pop moment

7 minutes ago, purplelacebra said:

the deluxe probably won't have Out of Nowhere if it wasn't on the standard album

the deluxe is 3 more Aaron songs, one is a pop moment

You have so much knowledge!! You haven't by any chance heard crazy girl yet have you? Can't find that anywhere.

4 minutes ago, harry_bev said:

You have so much knowledge!! You haven't by any chance heard crazy girl yet have you? Can't find that anywhere.

i dont have an actual vinyl rip but heres this

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP8GETppU/

I mean yeah, TSOU had some quicker moments but it also had slow filler, so let's not pretend like it's some big ass poppery radio album skull

And her fans bullied her into this perspective so we are now stuck with this quite mid and boring dressner album for another 3 years? Jesus

4 minutes ago, Veis said:

I mean yeah, TSOU had some quicker moments but it also had slow filler, so let's not pretend like it's some big ass poppery radio album skull

And her fans bullied her into this perspective so we are now stuck with this quite mid and boring dressner album for another 3 years? Jesus

Explain this a bit more for me pls? Bullied? This dude I was dating showed me "Feels Like" about three years ago and I locked in from there, I feel like I'm missing context. I found TSOU boring on first listen and then it slowly became one of my all time favourite albums 🤣

8 minutes ago, harry_bev said:

Explain this a bit more for me pls? Bullied? This dude I was dating showed me "Feels Like" about three years ago and I locked in from there, I feel like I'm missing context. I found TSOU boring on first listen and then it slowly became one of my all time favourite albums 🤣

I was writing that on base what kintsugi posted a few posts back, that half of her fanbase hates TSOU by how radio pandering it is

i loved secret of us cos it's so hooky but also full of all that anxious perspective so i was a bit wary of this but i'm a third of the way thru and...it seems alright? i wasn't expecting it to be full of tunes so actually the fact that it's got some is a bonus, could do with more bangers but i can see myself enjoying it a lot once its played in, agree that she could do with moving on from dessner (why do these girls always use the same half a dozen producers?!)

Idk I love it, she has really elevated her craft on this record. "Daughter from Hell", "Afflictions" and "Look at My Life" are insane sonically and lyrically.

The bridge of The Knife (2:33-3:02) is the best thing on the album. It's so melodically beautiful, I wish the whole song sounded like that.

I just saw this Crazy Girl video someone posted on tiktok and it sounds, again, really good? Insane that it was relegated to bonus track

She should drop some bores out of the standard edition, throws Jackson, Crazy Girl and Out Of Nowhere instead and it would already be one star better album

Edited by Veis

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.