Everything posted by Relentless
-
Kylie Minogue – 'Fever (25th Anniversary Edition)'
Feels So Good is a Lovers classic. Not having it here is a crime.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
This is definitely my favorite post-Emotion record of hers. Habits of Creatures needs 5 Grammys, what a song
-
Taylor Swift
Pink Clouding is one of the best songs she's ever released. She still has IT. I need her to lock in for TS13. Also I can't help but feel sad that the easter eggs weren't for TS20/TV... I'm happy we got 3/4 good songs, but the goodwill she got with IKI,IKY evaporated
-
Taylor Swift would've been more interesting if she disappeared
If she took the best songs from TTPD and TLOAS and put them into a solid 16-track record, she might have been able to get solid critical success. 16-track I listen to the albums like this and it's quite pleasant. For bonus tracks she could have done: Bonus tracks The varied sounds and shared production credits with Antonoff, Dessner, Shellback, and Martin would also cover a lot of the "best" Swift sounds that people know her for. I think she gets overeager and excited with her work and just puts them out because the fans eat them up every time (and let's face it, we do). There are some genuinely great songs here and she could have made a solid addition to her discography had she been more discerning. It's her art at the end of the day, and every artist has their "dud" eras but the huge numbers for this album would be better deserved on a better record.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I like Patient Zero, Pink Clouding, and Babylon. Cleveland! is cringe as hell but I think that's what she was going for... obviously to her detriment. But then again, I don't really see how these 4 songs are any different (quality-wise) from the ones she was releasing in 1989 and reputation. Some are great, some (in this case, one) not so much. People like to claim that those albums were universally loved on release, but I remember the vitriol for Bad Blood, Shake It Off, and half of reputation.
-
Sugababes - "Ghost"
Great visual! Siobhan Donaghy is a goddess (love all three musically though)
-
Sugababes - 'Sugababes'
If the singles are any indication, this is shaping up to be their best album. Sleek and suave sound. I love my fair share of tracks from the Mutya/Keisha/Heidi days, but the vocal harmonies and sonic palette of the OGs are unmatched.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Patient Zero Pink Skies Alice (?) Orlando (?)
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Ah, so this IS for The Life of a Showgirl. Girl where the hell is the 20th anniversary edition
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
How many exclamation points does that IG caption have?
-
Taylor Swift
The Life of a Showgirl (Director's Cut)
- Taylor Swift
-
HDD: #1 Miley, #2 Riley Green, #3 Ella Langley
Miley has refused to lift a finger for all her releases post-RCA. Why are we surprised that these are the numbers she's pulling?
-
Is the MILEY rebrand necessary for 'Bass Persuades' (the album)?
No. And "Miley Cyrus" is such an iconic name too! But if she did it to distance from Billy Ray, I get it.
-
Taylor Swift
I want her to work with Ariel Rechtshaid, Emile Haynie, Rick Nowels, and Rostam.
-
Ellie Goulding - 'I Know Too Much'
You Know Too Much has an animated cover on Apple Music now
-
Taylor Swift
or they're on lockdown mode because one of her best friends is having a PR crisis And given that people can't be normal about her, they may be avoiding people saying she's being tone deaf
-
Taylor Swift
don't give me hope last time i anticipated something like this was when i thought there'd be a third part to folklore/evermore in 2021 so i stayed up all night to wait for nothing
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
I've liked all her albums since Plastic Hearts. This is no exception. I wasn't feeling the title track when it came out, but I really enjoy it now as the opener. The standouts for me are Let's Get Married and Snow.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
Queen of Japan
-
Ellie Goulding - 'I Know Too Much'
Yeah, the order could be better. But the songs are all really great.
-
Ellie Goulding - 'I Know Too Much'
Okay, now I'm convinced I like this more than Delirium, BB, and HTH. I think I'll place it firmly below Halcyon and Lights. What a gorgeous set of songs
- Are you not entertained? A "deluxe" by Taylor Swift is coming.
-
Taylor Swift
Eyes Open belongs on Red. Speak Now can get the live bonus tracks she released on her website
-
Taylor Swift
Aries is the 1st of the 12 Zodiac signs and she has 12 albums. Saccharide could stand for "Sugar," a really old demo